"Five scrappy goals"

Craigieboy

Craigieboy

Boy in the barber shop yesterday.

I'm sitting getting my barnet cut and he comes in, takes a seat and immediately starts to chat to the staff. Raving about how Hearts won the cup with five scrappy goals. :lol:

He's sitting moaning away, blah, blah, Spanish waiter, blah, hibs fans were magnificent, blah, blah we made Hearts look good, blah, moan.

I'm sitting facing him in the mirror and saying pretty much nothing while sporting a greggtastic smile.

It was pure joy.

I don't get the chance to work with many hibbys so my baiting is limited to Facebook etc.

That was a real treat though.

"Five scrappy goals".

:rofl:

joe.gausden

The worst/best thing is plenty of they balloons believe it! :lol:

They are such a deluded bunch :D

loveofthegame

That's the thing - to us, this has ended everything.

BUT they are so ******* deluded they will come back again next season spouting the same pish they always have. They NEVER EVER learn.

I find it best to ignore them and just laugh. The stats do the talking.

Pants Shaton

I'm sitting getting my barnet cut and he comes in, takes a seat and immediately starts to chat to the staff. Raving about how Hearts won the cup with five scrappy goals. :lol:

He's sitting moaning away, blah, blah, Spanish waiter, blah, hibs fans were magnificent, blah, blah we made Hearts look good, blah, moan.

I'm sitting facing him in the mirror and saying pretty much nothing while sporting a greggtastic smile.

It was pure joy.

I don't get the chance to work with many hibbys so my baiting is limited to Facebook etc.

"Five scrappy goals".

The problem is because we're the 'establishment' club we rarely work with Hibs fans.

Most of us are judges, CEOs of multinationals, MPs and the like.

Most Hibs fans occupy the benefit colonies, but those who do work are invariably record producers for indie labels, poets (unpublished) or graphic designers.

They can argue away their cup final violation all they like - it's game over.

Buffalo Bill

These are my favourite kind of Hibs fan - bitter, twisted and full of myths.

As for the decent ones, they've not heard a peep from me since Saturday - I feel too sorry for them - an open goal I just can't convert!

The People's Chimp

As for the decent ones, they've not heard a peep from me since Saturday - I feel too sorry for them - an open goal I just can't convert!

You've got as long as you want* to knock it in at the back post, so don't worry.

:jjyay:

*i.e. forever in our shadow etc

gorgie rd eh11

:D It's how they console themselves. In 98 we were playing a poor rangers team , that contained the likes of Gough, Goram, Laudrup and future world cup and champions league winner Gattuso. :teehee:

In 06 we only scraped past gretna, ignoring the fact we had already beaten 3 top six teams on the way to the final. Admittedly the semi was a bit easy that year. :turned:

This year we beat 4 SPL teams including the current champions and played piggy in the middle with hibs for most of the second half of the final. Still the goals were scrappy eh. :)

mickmaroon

The problem is because we're the 'establishment' club we rarely work with Hibs fans.

Most Hibs fans occupy the benefit colonies, but those who do work are invariably record producers for indie labels, poets (unpublished) or graphic designers.

:lol:

Well played, sir.

Magnificent Hibs fans aye?

I was still bouncing around Hampden whilst most of them were heading east on the M8

The best goal was Skacel's second by a mile. Even that wasn't as spectacular, by his standards. Hard to argue Barr's or Gowser's werent scrappy. They were also brutal defending. The other was a pen after great wing play and the other one was a deflection. They're kind of clutching at straws.

What can't be argued is the we were by far the best team. Even I was shocked at how inept they were.

CF11JamTart

The fact that all FIVE of the goals were scrappy further taints our cup final win.

Oh well.

I'm sure I'll get over it one day.

Many years of abject poverty in a football context has left most of them incapable of rationality. It's a sickness. We could have won 9-1 and they would still be coming out with the same stuff.

Rick Grimes

:lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

When's the last time they managed 5 'scrappy' goals?

Was that not their toatal tally this season?

How was it that Pat Nevin described our set pieces? 'Organised Chaos'

Otherwise known as tactics

Francis Albert

"Four breakaway goals and three that were blatantly offside" - the late great John Fairgrieve on a certain Hibs victory.

Difference is ... he was joking.

DiggersJambo

I feel like I've totally missed out this week. Being surrounded by Jambos is great but having only one Hibbish mate means my opportunities for ripping are fairly limited. Considering that ripping him right now would be tantamount to stamping on a kitten, I'm wondering if it's morally worth it :D

Creepy Lurker

At my bus stop yesterday a guy in a Celtic top was moaning about how he'd had a bet on Rudi first goal, only for 'some guy no-one had ever heard of in their entire life' to get the opener.

That'd be Scotland cap Darren Barr, then.

Guest Alex Guttenplan

Aye. Can't move for judges, CEOs and politicians in here like.

:vrface:

It was pure joy.

"Five scrappy goals".

TBF,although I was alive at the 7-0 game I wasn't there but older guys (including my old man) give it the big "everything they hit that day went in,four or five of them were miss hit shots",now having seen the goals and other bits of the game,that doesn't ring true,leave them alone man,as posted on another thread they know fine well they were done BIG time by the BIG team,HMFC,FTH :thumbsup:

Kalamazoo Jambo

I have judged Hibs to be fair. The verdict is what you would expect.

Oh, and our 5th - magnificent first touch by Rudi after a cheeky wee interplay of passes then through McPake's legs and right into the corner. Aye. Scrappy.

CF11JamTart

I have judged Hibs to be fair. The verdict is what you would expect.

But surely, only God can judge them?

How was it that Pat Nevin described our set pieces? 'Organised Chaos'

Otherwise known as tactics

Exactly, take McGowans goal for example. Hearts have a corner and deliberatley put two men out to take it, with Hibs already being down to 10 men, it draws out 2 hibs players, leaving more room in the box (its harder to score in a a crowded box)

The corner gets played to a free Hearts player in the box and Hearts score.

It was pure joy.

"Five scrappy goals".

Why did you start a new thread. This above surely deserved pride of place under your "Myths from after the final" thread.

Aparently there is one massive Hearts fan who would agrees with your barber. Aparently after Craig Thomson received his medal Petrie shouted to him that was five scrappy goals. Didn't see it or hear it myself but allegedly Thommo just shook his dead looked at him and said "aye yer probably right tache but GIRUY anyway".

Fermit the Krog

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tommy Wiseau

It was pure joy.

"Five scrappy goals".

But there WERE five of them? :smuggy:

Also, fifth goal was champagne football, so GIRFUY vermin :smuggy:

Just in case we've forgotten, how about I post them all again, eh? :jjyay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrNLoYsqDM8

The Old Tolbooth

It's fantastic isn't it? :D

I've not been giving the decent Hibbies a hard time of it either, I'd rather wait until they start crawling out from under their stones again......and then SWAT!!! :D

We have the power to keep them at arms length forever now :verysmug:

JamboAberdeen

To be fair all our goals but Rudi's 2nd were either scrappy/dubious penalty.

But in 10 years time nobody would remember how we scored those goals, only the fact 5-1 victory would remain.

Archived