Football365

Boof

If Gowans said this he is a clown.

"Nobody believes that. I don't know why he's coming out with things like that.

Every football fan knows the OF get the decisions. Even the head of ref's made the comment that the OF get ref'ed differently.

If only the other teams had stuck together the OF would be history, and fans of the other teams should have backed VR when he first brought this topic up. However it's too late now. Until the SFA move out of Glasgow and those incharge move on, NOTHING will change.

"For a very long time in this country it is a fixed league where Rangers and Celtic win by 30 points. "

Unlike me to support any Romanov on anything, but there would be an interpretation possible, that what he meant was "for a long time ... it is a settled league ... won by 30 pts by the OF"

then he blows it with his next sentence ...

"Ask yourself how many games this year have been screwed by referees, five games is 15 points."

The guy is an @rse.

Did Roman actually say these quotes (100% verbatim) that are attributed to him, I guess is the point of my question...

Romanov said: "For a very long time in this country it is a fixed league where Rangers and Celtic win by 30 points.

"Ask yourself how many games this year have been screwed by referees, five games is 15 points."

Boaby Ewing
Did Roman actually say these quotes (100% verbatim) that are attributed to him, I guess is the point of my question...

Romanov said: "For a very long time in this country it is a fixed league where Rangers and Celtic win by 30 points.

There you go Boof:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Romanov-loses-credibility-as-questions.3999702.jp

"For a very long time in this country it is a fixed league where Rangers and Celtic win by 30 points. Ask yourself how many games this year have got screwed by referees? Five games is 15 points."

I think I'm just clinging to the hope that he didn't say something like that...though I guess that, even with it being the Scotsman, if it's in quotes like that they are a direct quote from the laddie himself. :(

I suppose one thing is that he didn't claim directly it was us who were being screwed.

Romanov said: "For a very long time in this country it is a fixed league where Rangers and Celtic win by 30 points." Fixed...as in pretty much pre-determined that one or t'other would win it, due to their resources...without the need for the OF-bias...?

"Ask yourself how many games this year have been screwed by referees,Don't think there can be any debate that we've been treated very differently from most of the other teams in the league five games is 15 points." Simply a statement of fact - not a claim that we've been the wronged party on 5 occasions

I appreciate that this might seem a head-in-the-sand approach, but I've not had to endure the weekly on-field performances so haven't had the reasons to develop the negativity of others and I'm just trying to find something not completely negative to give me some hope.

As I said CH - I'm trying desperately to find a straw labelled 'hope' I can clutch to. :(

Jubilee Spree

No offence but the OF have walked away with the league because they have a monopoly on the Champions league money which means they can pick and choose the best players from any team that has the temerity to challenge them thus guaranteeing the league and sustaining their monopoly.

The referees in this country are incompetent, pathetic and sometimes unprofessional. However, I don't believe they are corrupt.

When things aren't going well, passing the blame or making excuses is the act of a child.

Archived