undercover

The_razors_edge

The_razors_edge

I know this had been mentioned in the build up to the game but did any other jambos watch the game from the wrong end?

I was in the unfortunate position of not having enough loyalty points to get a ticket through the club, however through a plea on facebook an old friend came up trumps on Thursday. Through a friend of his he had managed to get his hands on 2 debenture tickets and was kind enough to hand one on my direction. So you can imagine my excitement all of Friday and the pre match build up on Saturday knowing I had secured a ticket. Anyway, got to Glasgow and met my mate to pick up the ticket and made my way towards hampden for around 2.30. Checked the ticket and noticed I was in south stand. Decent I thought. Went looking for my entrance and noticed I was getting further and further away from what I considered the hearts end. Strange I thought. Found entrance K and went through the turnstiles following a guy and his son decked in hibs gear. Hmmm. Still I went with it and worked my way up the stairs. At this point it was still fairly quiet. I got to the top of the stairs at the point where you can work your way out in to the stand and by this point I was bursting on a pish. The toilet signs were in the direction of my seats so I started to head towards the toilet. At this point I stick my head out in to the stand to have a neb at the view and to my horror realise I'm actually standing in the middle of the hibs part of the south stand upper tier (I've still got my hearts scarf on btw). Quickly I bolt back inside the stand and find the nearest steward and explain my predicament (debenture ticket from a from a friend bla bla) and ask if I can be moved. he calls over the supervisor and I explain the situation to him. At this point 2 other jambos come across in the same situation. The supervisor explains there is nothing he can do and we have 2 choices..........hide the colours and take our seats or leave the stadium. Easy decision. Stuff the scarf in my pocket. However, my mates brother has the 2nd debenture ticket and having met him when I picked up the ticket I'm aware he's decked out in hearts top, scarf, maroon trousers the lot. Luckily he's still not reached hampden yet so call him and tell him he needs to get changed pronto. At this point a mixture of pre match nerves and potential for being outed means I'm bricking it. I wait anxiously for my mates brother to arrive, spot a couple of hibees I know coming in, cover my face with the match program to stay safe. Eventually he arrives and we take our seats just as the match kicks off.

It was a very surreal experience, watching goals flying in that you couldn't celebrate but I have to say watching fans celebrate the goals was brilliant from that distance and sitting in amongst a lot of pissed off hibees was perversely quite an enjoyable and enriching experience.

Any other jambos got stories from the wrong end?

Just noticed the other thread that was started. Mods please feel free to merge.

Rabbie_Burns

Similar story here, me & mrs RB had silver lounge debenture tickets in L2 which I was led to believe would be a fairly 'neutral' zone but as with the OP on entering the lounge itself with Hearts scarf fully on show this turned out not to be the case at all... Saving grace for me was being abslutely steaming drunk though not so for the missus who was aware of plenty of unpleasantries around us not unsurprisingly I suppose, particularly when we took our seats it seems which were front row of upper tier. Anyway only about 5 or 6 mins after kick-off the guy, an ex work colleague & Killie fan, who had supplied us with debenture tickets in the first place miraculously appeared with a little old steward bloke and had me and the missus follow him through a maze of stairs, passageways & even a lift until we popped out into an area right on the edge of the west & south stands inhabited solely by Jambos. So in the end we got lucky compared to some others by the sounds of things, probably just as well given the state I was in B)

The_razors_edge

I know this had been mentioned in the build up to the game but did any other jambos watch the game from the wrong end?

I was in the unfortunate position of not having enough loyalty points to get a ticket through the club, however through a plea on facebook an old friend came up trumps on Thursday. Through a friend of his he had managed to get his hands on 2 debenture tickets and was kind enough to hand one on my direction. So you can imagine my excitement all of Friday and the pre match build up on Saturday knowing I had secured a ticket. Anyway, got to Glasgow and met my mate to pick up the ticket and made my way towards hampden for around 2.30. Checked the ticket and noticed I was in south stand. Decent I thought. Went looking for my entrance and noticed I was getting further and further away from what I considered the hearts end. Strange I thought. Found entrance K and went through the turnstiles following a guy and his son decked in hibs gear. Hmmm. Still I went with it and worked my way up the stairs. At this point it was still fairly quiet. I got to the top of the stairs at the point where you can work your way out in to the stand and by this point I was bursting on a pish. The toilet signs were in the direction of my seats so I started to head towards the toilet. At this point I stick my head out in to the stand to have a neb at the view and to my horror realise I'm actually standing in the middle of the hibs part of the south stand upper tier (I've still got my hearts scarf on btw). Quickly I bolt back inside the stand and find the nearest steward and explain my predicament (debenture ticket from a from a friend bla bla) and ask if I can be moved. he calls over the supervisor and I explain the situation to him. At this point 2 other jambos come across in the same situation. The supervisor explains there is nothing he can do and we have 2 choices..........hide the colours and take our seats or leave the stadium. Easy decision. Stuff the scarf in my pocket. However, my mates brother has the 2nd debenture ticket and having met him when I picked up the ticket I'm aware he's decked out in hearts top, scarf, maroon trousers the lot. Luckily he's still not reached hampden yet so call him and tell him he needs to get changed pronto. At this point a mixture of pre match nerves and potential for being outed means I'm bricking it. I wait anxiously for my mates brother to arrive, spot a couple of hibees I know coming in, cover my face with the match program to stay safe. Eventually he arrives and we take our seats just as the match kicks off.

It was a very surreal experience, watching goals flying in that you couldn't celebrate but I have to say watching fans celebrate the goals was brilliant from that distance and sitting in amongst a lot of pissed off hibees was perversely quite an enjoyable and enriching experience.

Some observations from their end:

1. The atmosphere where I was sitting was shite, zero singing

2. The atmosphere in the hearts end looked and sounded great

3. They were on the refs back from the first minute saying he was going to give us everything

4. I can confirm reports that their fans left at 2-0. Two boys in suits in the bottom tier got up and chucked their scarfs on the track and walked out, much to the annoyance of other fans.

Highlight of the day was being able to walk from their end in to ours at the end and get a cracking video of the celebrations.

The_razors_edge

What did you do when they scored?

Stood and applauded politely

Thank christ i wasn't in that situation because I'm a real fan who easily got a ticket for the correct end with my millions of LPs.

Stood and applauded politely

How did your mate get changed out all his hearts gear?

Thank christ i wasn't in that situation because I'm a real fan who easily got a ticket for the correct end with my millions of LPs.

Yawn!

did you get any videos of our end

especially big team big cup wee team wee cup chant :thumbsup:

The_razors_edge

Afraid not mate, I wasn't brave enough to get the phone out and take pics or vids of the hearts end whilst surrounded by them. I did however get a cracking vid of us lifting the cup once i had shifted across to our end.

The_razors_edge

How did your mate get changed out all his hearts gear?

He had a rucksack with him with a change of clothes. He told me he ended up getting changed behind a burger fan. So if anyone saw a guy getting changed behind a burger van in their way to the game that was him. He did say he got some stick about it.

Archived