Is the team the main focus?

mac

shaun.lawson

No. The stadium redevelopment, getting some sort of return through showcasing and selling on players, plus asset stripping of the current squad, are the priorities. The team only has a chance of becoming the priority if the main stand is rebuilt - and even then, I have very serious doubts whether it would be anyway.

All of the above is why those calling for protests, boycotts and non-renewals are spot on. What other club in the whole UK does not prioritise the results of the team above anything else?

Charlie-Brown
No. The stadium redevelopment, getting some sort of return through showcasing and selling on players, plus asset stripping of the current squad, are the priorities. The team only has a chance of becoming the priority if the main stand is rebuilt - and even then, I have very serious doubts whether it would be anyway.

All of the above is why those calling for protests, boycotts and non-renewals are spot on. What other club in the whole UK does not prioritise the results of the team above anything else?

When Hibs were in a financial hole they cleared out all the high earners and went with kids - O'Connor, Murray, Riordan etc. - they finished in the bottom six twice if i recall during that period - anyway they put financial stabilisation before on-field success during that period - it benefited them in the long run.

Sorry but many of us just want to spend Saturday watching the team I/we love.

If that makes me a Vladsheep then where do I sign.

Toxteth O'Grady

Thats the bit that hurts Shaun. When we are not playing our best players for financial/political reasons we are clearly not trying to be a successful football club.

Romanov still has his car boot sale mentality of buy them cheap and sell them on for profit.

I can't see things changing with these people in control, Charlie Mann said that there was "another show in town". Whoever that is I think I'd like to see them stick their heads above the parapet and state their intentions. Could they be any worse?

portobellojambo1
Is the team the main focus?

Simple answer is no, it plays a very minor part in the overall scheme of things, if any part at all.

Now I am off to get ready to go to the game

Archived