Wanted - A Leader

maroonedinoz

maroonedinoz

Like many others I have defended certain actions by Vlad and his cohorts in the past , partly because I simply could see no other alternative.

In my heart of hearts though, I always knew that his involvement was not in our best interests.

I think the AGM has convinced most if not all, that he cares not one jot for Heart of Midlothian FC and his son's open total disrespect for Hearts supporters is surely the glue that should unite us all against this regime.

In the past, as I say, we have taken the 'there is no alternative' option so we must just put up with it.

No more can we act as lemmings.

I think most reasonable people now accept that a Romanove led Hearts is heading for nothing other than disaster and ultimately, disappearance.

If we are going down, let's go down proudly and with a fight...rather than dieing the death of a thousand cuts and whimpering to the end.

We need a leader who will do SOMETHING to fight Romanov.

I don't know who that person is, and I don't know what ultimately s/he will offer us...but I'd rather go down fighting, than in ten years time tell my kids..."yeah, well Hearts were a football tam once, but then someone called Romanov took over, and sadly we didn't see what was coming and they went out of business":

We CAN see what is coming.....but understandably have been reluctant to fight him because the alternative may well be the same....

As I say though, I would rather fight and still possibly go out of business, than sit back appease Vlad, and know that this is where we are headed under him anyway.

It may well turn out to be the footballing equivalent of a suicide mission..but at least I would be able to sleep at night knowing I TRIED to do something about it.

First though, we need a leader to pull all the factions together, and put forward a strategy.

It probably IS too late..but it may not be too late to save something out of any future ashes...

Who could that figureheaad be....Donald Ford, Robbo, Souness???

Like many others I have defended certain actions by Vlad and his cohorts in the past , partly because I simply could see no other alternative.

In my heart of hearts though, I always knew that his involvement was not in our best interests.

I think the AGM has convinced most if not all, that he cares not one jot for Heart of Midlothian FC and his son's open total disrespect for Hearts supporters is surely the glue that should unite us all against this regime.

In the past, as I say, we have taken the 'there is no alternative' option so we must just put up with it.

No more can we act as lemmings.

I think most reasonable people now accept that a Romanove led Hearts is heading for nothing other than disaster and ultimately, disappearance.

If we are going down, let's go down proudly and with a fight...rather than dieing the death of a thousand cuts and whimpering to the end.

We need a leader who will do SOMETHING to fight Romanov.

I don't know who that person is, and I don't know what ultimately s/he will offer us...but I'd rather go down fighting, than in ten years time tell my kids..."yeah, well Hearts were a football tam once, but then someone called Romanov took over, and sadly we didn't see what was coming and they went out of business":

We CAN see what is coming.....but understandably have been reluctant to fight him because the alternative may well be the same....

As I say though, I would rather fight and still possibly go out of business, than sit back appease Vlad, and know that this is where we are headed under him anyway.

It may well turn out to be the footballing equivalent of a suicide mission..but at least I would be able to sleep at night knowing I TRIED to do something about it.

First though, we need a leader to pull all the factions together, and put forward a strategy.

It probably IS too late..but it may not be too late to save something out of any future ashes...

Who could that figureheaad be....Donald Ford, Robbo, Souness???

I'm partly with your first paragraph in that VR is/was the only show in town. I have not always defended/agreed witheir approach but have always tried to remain positive/constructive about our future. I did not manage to attend yesterday but picking up from respected contributors to this board, RR was totally disrespectful to our fans and his behaviour was contemptible and indefensible. An apology and his early removal is required. He is simply not up to the job and has little to offer in his own right, merely living off his father's name. We need someone with spine and drive asap to lead the club from the top.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

The OP is totally correct in that only a fight will redeem us and give us back some self-respect.

I think that we are finished and we have to start considering the next step following the demise of our club.

Romanov certainly chose the right club because we are the most fractious and comatose support in Scotland.

A start would be non renewal of ST's which sadly is too big a step for many. I am at loss to understand this. It is a sure signal of the lack of sheer bottle at the core of our support.

I do not believe Hibs, Rangers or Celtic fans would have put up with this regardless of those who say our position is unique.

The sitting and wait strategy will DEFINITELY lead us to oblivion.

Better to fight, die on your feet than on your knees.

Archived