I remember.....

22games nro

22games nro

Followed Hearts for over 45 years, driving about today I was remembering about my ups and downs watching over those years and thought we just simply have to win tomorrow.

I remember ...Frank liddell scoring a goal to win us the 1st division with about 5 minutes to go against Airdrie , then the pitch invasion at the final whistle.

I remember ...5 thousand going to Paris SG and Singing for 90 minutes , the bus journey there and back,getting beat 4-0 and getting a standing ovation from the psg fans

I remember ...wayne foster scoring "that" goal and losing my mates as you always ended up about 50ft from were you were originally standing

I remember ...going to Aberbeen on a Wednesday night our mini bus crashing outside perth and one of the lads being killed, the hearts team bus stopping at the hospital late at night and offering us condolences

I remember ...Ian Ferguson score a peach of a free kick to beat Bayern Munich 1-0 at tynie, and nearly doing the business over there with John colquhoun just not managing to score

I remember ...being in Prague with my sons 1st European away match and missing the organised tram tour because i'd forgotten to change the time on my watch !! then watching the fans again giving it their all for 90 minutes and feeling proud to be part of it all

I remember ... being in the 1st gulf war and telling a reporter who asked if I was worried about the imminent battle "too f~~cking right I was, and quickly added I've no seen ma team win the Scottish cup yet !!

I remember ...crying like a 2 year old when the final whistle went in 98 cup final

I remember ...the 4-4 derby game and never ever having a feeling like that over a draw

I remember ...the passion and pride in Robbo's eyes when he lifted the cup in 98.

lots more I'm sure ,but please god let me add another I remember on Sunday.

Archived