Sergi Fedotovas interview

combo74

I have just finished listening to the interview with Sergi on the Hearts website and he seems to paint a much more positive picture than RRomanov.

Could the issue with the AGM actually be with who was delivering the message as to the message itself.

Now we all know that things are pretty *******d up, however seems to articulate the current situation a lot better and he seems to understand the fans frustrations. In fact you wonder why he was not asked to deliver the message.

Everytime I hear him speak he comes across very well and is very articulate. He is obviously well respected by VRomanov, yet doesn't seem to spout the same inane ramblings.

Now it may have just been a "charm" offensive/PR tidy up after the AGM shambles however I don't feel quite as negative after listening to it.

Thoughts?

Fedotovas always talks sense & in a coherent & sensible fashion - unlike Rodders - who is a disgrace.

Ogilvie & Fedotovas in charge at Hearts would be palatable & no doubt successful. Shame it won't happen.

Buffalo Bill

If Sergie had spoken at the AGM and said those things, we'd have all left feeling a bit better.

I sense this is damage limitation.

There was a lot of damage done today.

Buffalo Bill

lost in leith
I have just finished listening to the interview with Sergi on the Hearts website and he seems to paint a much more positive picture than RRomanov.

Could the issue with the AGM actually be with who was delivering the message as to the message itself.

Now we all know that things are pretty *******d up, however seems to articulate the current situation a lot better and he seems to understand the fans frustrations. In fact you wonder why he was not asked to deliver the message.

Everytime I hear him speak he comes across very well and is very articulate. He is obviously well respected by VRomanov, yet doesn't seem to spout the same inane ramblings.

Now it may have just been a "charm" offensive/PR tidy up after the AGM shambles however I don't feel quite as negative after listening to it.

Thoughts?

While the AGM was a shambles, it was obvious that a lot of the negative PR could have been avoided by Sergi answering questions rather than RR. He is more articulate than RR in English, and less emotional. RR obviously regards any hint of criticism as an insult to his family. Sergi would have been smarter, and would certainly have avoided the drivel about the "fixed league" and being "screwed by referees". He might even have known who owned Roman Bednar's registration :sad:

Hans von Luck

Christ after listening to Sergi things dont seem as bad as they were after coming out of Tynecastle after the AGM.

Great spin doctor Sergi, get him with CO running the club on Vlads behalf then I would BELIEVE.

Dirk Diggler

Could it not be the case that

A) Vladimir Romanov genuinley couldn't attend today?

B) He thought it would be better if one of the 'Romanovs' were there to show face?

In hindsight it would have been better if none of them had showed and Fedatovas and Ogilvie had only been present but perhaps, after all the accusations of them 'losing interest' they thought that's what the fans wanted?

I expect lots to disagree, and I don't know if I beleive that to be the case, I'm just throwing it out there.

Jambof3tornado

Thoughts?

Is Rodders not just a figurehead anyway,with Sergie and CO effectively running things?? Given that most would be happy with that situation should I put away my sleeping pills???

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Sergi would be the ideal choice as chairman/person he has a more mature

persona than Rodders

Vedotovas communicates much better with the media , more tactful and

has more respect from the Hearts fans .

A fool is better keeping his mouth shut rather than speaking up and being

found out for what he really is you plonker .

While the AGM was a shambles, it was obvious that a lot of the negative PR could have been avoided by Sergi answering questions rather than RR. He is more articulate than RR in English, and less emotional. RR obviously regards any hint of criticism as an insult to his family. Sergi would have been smarter, and would certainly have avoided the drivel about the "fixed league" and being "screwed by referees". He might even have known who owned Roman Bednar's registration :sad:

Sadly I agree ..... but his answer to the Question "What will happen to the Club if your father dies" Answer "Well he certainly will not be picking the team" really made me smile.

Jambof3tornado
Sergi would be the ideal choice as chairman/person he has a more mature

persona than Rodders

Vedotovas communicates much better with the media , more tactful and

has more respect from the Hearts fans .

A fool is better keeping his mouth shut rather than speaking up and being

found out for what he really is you plonker .

Remembering that Rodders has no footballing background to speak of so clearly anyone at all with half a footballing brain would be better placed to talk about footballing matters. He really should have stayed away then we could have been on here moaning at the fact that no romanovs showed up at the agm to grab all the headlines and leave everyone feeling suicidal!!!:)

I really think Roman does absolutely **** all for this club. And I don't mean that in that he's useless; like you may say Calum Elliot does **** all for the club. I literally mean I think he does nothing whatsoever.

When Campbell Ogilvie was given the reigns he worked himself into the ground trying to fix as much as possible. That leads me to believe that from the time Anderton was sacked until very recently we had VR and Pedro Lopez running the club by themselves. Then of course Romanov couldn't come to Edinburgh as often last season because of business in Bosnian, leaving Pedro (and occasionally Serge) on his own. That could explain a lot of the cash flow problems and the delays in getting the stadium project off the ground.

From reading all of what Roman said at the AGM, I am starting to think he does absolutely nothing in his role at Hearts and actually does nothing himself in helping either the day to day or long term running of the club. The fact he wasn't aware Roman Bednar's contract was at Hearts is a pretty strong indictment of his role at Hearts. Any chairman, or someone at the club most of the time (such as Pedro Lopez) would be aware that Bednar's registration was transferred and he was on the books at Hearts.

When I first read what this clown said at the AGM I was truly depressed at the situation our club was facing. I'm now starting to lighten up a bit having come to the conclusion that Roman was just there as a face of the Romanov's with Vladimir having been unable (or unwilling) to attend. I would hazard a guess that the group of them, or Roman or Vladimir had decided it was best for Roman to speak because the fans wanted to hear what was going on from one of the Romanov's.

Of course, everybody now knows this really wasn't the best way to go with Roman unleashing a PR disaster with season ticket sales already struggling badly. Having watched Serge's interview I certainly feel a lot better about things as they stand and I wonder if anybody else thought Serge's body language depicted that he was annoyed with Roman at having to be thrust in front of a camera and try to impose some damage limitation.

All in all, Roman Romanov, GTF.

I think all the Lithuanians that have worked for Hearts at boardroom level minus the Romanovs have all came fairly well.

portobellojambo1

After listening to that I would say there is a fair chance that Sergei Fedotovas and Charlie Mann were fathered by the same person.

Something that can spin as much as that should be in a fairground. It is nothing more than an exercise in trying to cover up what had already been said within the AGM.

For the love of God, dont be conned by this. An articulate PR man comes out and explains in a seemingly rational manner - to an interviewer who was hardly hostile - what the Chairman really meant to stay.

If you fall for this p!sh you are obviously clutching at yet another bloody straw. I've decided not to buy a ST this season. Who the hell is this punter to come and accuse me of not being a "real fan"? I've been going to Tynecastle for 35 years, and he is who,exactly? Some paid mouth with a sharp suit and a decent command of English calling into question my credentials?

This day is the day that finally spells the end of HMFC as far as I am concerned.

The contempt with which the fans are held is utterly, totally and absolutely repugnant. Hearts is not a club for the fans anymore - it is the business vehicle of an insane megalomaniacal minor Eastern european dynasty.

After listening to that I would say there is a fair chance that Sergei Fedotovas and Charlie Mann were fathered by the same person.

Something that can spin as much as that should be in a fairground. It is nothing more than an exercise in trying to cover up what had already been said within the AGM.

Maybe advertising the film 'Deception' right next to a picture of Sergejus was the smartest move the HMFC website team has made?

Billy the Jambo
For the love of God, dont be conned by this. An articulate PR man comes out and explains in a seemingly rational manner - to an interviewer who was hardly hostile - what the Chairman really meant to stay.

If you fall for this p!sh you are obviously clutching at yet another bloody straw. I've decided not to buy a ST this season. Who the hell is this punter to come and accuse me of not being a "real fan"? I've been going to Tynecastle for 35 years, and he is who,exactly? Some paid mouth with a sharp suit and a decent command of English calling into question my credentials?

This day is the day that finally spells the end of HMFC as far as I am concerned.

The contempt with which the fans are held is utterly, totally and absolutely repugnant. Hearts is not a club for the fans anymore - it is the business vehicle of an insane megalomaniacal minor Eastern european dynasty.

Well said sir

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Well said, indeed sir.

letsmakesomenoise

The contempt with which the fans are held is utterly, totally and absolutely repugnant. Hearts is not a club for the fans anymore - it is the business vehicle of an insane megalomaniacal minor Eastern european dynasty.[/QUOTE]

Hear hear!

Buffalo Bill

I take your point re Sergie.

I'm not saying he's brainwashed with this.

All I'm saying is that had he been the one who spoke at the AGM and said there what he said online then there wouldn't have been such a negative reaction.

Today is a dark day in the history of Hearts.

Buffalo Bill

Jambof3tornado

He has basically come out to say things that should have been said,they didnt have to do that,so take from it what you like.It merely highlights that Rodders is a complete right breast!!

I take your point re Sergie.

I'm not saying he's brainwashed with this.

All I'm saying is that had he been the one who spoke at the AGM and said there what he said online then there wouldn't have been such a negative reaction.

Today is a dark day in the history of Hearts.

Buffalo Bill

And a few more cretins would have assumed that all in the Garden was still rosy. Spin, PR, p!sh and wind. Welcome to the brave new world of Hearts.

portobellojambo1
He has basically come out to say things that should have been said,they didnt have to do that,so take from it what you like.It merely highlights that Rodders is a complete right breast!!

But why is he having to say the sort of things which should have been said within the AGM. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt here, despite my earlier comments, and assuming that what he is saying is the truth, and is not a desperate attempt to lessen the impact of the shop front bawsac made of himself.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
But why is he having to say the sort of things which should have been said within the AGM. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt here, despite my earlier comments, and assuming that what he is saying is the truth, and is not a desperate attempt to lessen the impact of the shop front bawsac made of himself.

Its still highly amateurish and Sergei's video looks like damage control.

I think it's down to a cultural thing. These men are used to quaking serfs.

Scotsmen ain't shrinking violets.

I haven't read much of the AGM thread. I'm guessing it wasn't planned out well, Roman spoke and got stuff wrong.

I have read the page on the Hearts web site and here's what i make of it;

manager by the 30th - I think this is just like the 1/1 statement, it will give them more time, they can now say we are looking but I doubt things will happen.

not make an easy appointment, the right one - I think this rules McGhee and Levein out. They have both been linked with the job, MM more so, they would be the easy choices.

long term success - what do they think success is? The team or money/financies?

VR, UBIG and a major financial partner will jointly fund the stand- I think this answers my previous question.

portobellojambo1
Its still highly amateurish and Sergei's video looks like damage control.

I think it's down to a cultural thing. These men are used to quaking serfs.

Scotsmen ain't shrinking violets.

good choice of words.

The problem is that on the important points such as appointing a manager it's not as though RR just said things badly they appear to be saying completely different things.

RR said Frail should not be discounted etc though he did try to retract that and suggest they are still looking but then Fedotovas says he's not in the frame at all and we'll have someone by the start of pre-season.

You can't say two sets of things in one day and expect people to believe you

So you have swallowed it hook line and sinker then have you? Good God man, get yer freaking heid, neck and whole body out of the sand. Dont you understand the word "mouthpiece"

They didnt have to do that. What, they didnt have to come out after the AGM and explain that they made a complete dogs rocks of it? What was siad was said. and what was said was - "you muppets are our sad little peasants, and we'll play with you as we like". all they didnt say was a Demonic Mwahahahaha. (Or maybe thats the name of the next crap Lith that is going to be signed)

Archie White

Thoughts?

I hear the faint sound of hundreds of desperate Hearts fans clutching at straws...

So you have swallowed it hook line and sinker then have you? Good God man, get yer freaking heid, neck and whole body out of the sand. Dont you understand the word "mouthpiece"

They didnt have to do that. What, they didnt have to come out after the AGM and explain that they made a complete dogs rocks of it? What was siad was said. and what was said was - "you muppets are our sad little peasants, and we'll play with you as we like". all they didnt say was a Demonic Mwahahahaha. (Or maybe thats the name of the next crap Lith that is going to be signed)

Sorry but where is he saying that?

Could it be that Hearts have realised that in these crucial and difficult times having RR as your spokesman is an fecking disaster waiting to happen - and it did.

Hence the hasitly arranged interview.

Trust me I work as a Marketing Manager and this is what PR people do.

lost in leith
I hear the faint sound of hundreds of desperate Hearts fans clutching at straws...

I'm still waiting for one of the usual suspects to point out that it is all Steven P(h)ressley's fault :rolleyes:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Sorry but where is he saying that?

Could it be that Hearts have realised that in these crucial and difficult times having RR as your spokesman is an fecking disaster waiting to happen - and it did.

Hence the hasitly arranged interview.

Okay Marketing Manager, how do you get the toothpaste back in the tube?

All anyone will remember of today will be RR, not the skillfull rehash by Sergei.

That should have been foreseen by Marketing Men.

Its not rocket science.

& there 'lies' the problem...

Sorry, but that interview just comes across as spin spin spinily spin.

Its too little too late.

we are nigh on ?35M in debt in a financially poor league.

we're bottom half of that league.

we have no compelling indication that we're even getting a manager.

Its not looking great.

Hope we do over St Mirren tomorrow tho.

Denny Crane

Just watched it and it is plainly obvious that Sergei should have been the AGM's front man instead of that buffoon who clearly has 'nei kulturni' Roman Romanov.

Roman reminded me of George Reynold's wife who chaired an AGM at Darlington FC and accused the players of deliberately throwing games - they all stood up en masse and walked out. Hindsight is lovely, but, imagine if those present today did the same thing when Roman started spouting his nonsense? He'd have looked liked the sad, pathetic specimen that he's already making himself out to be.

Sergei gave the impression of having a clue. While I accept there may be a degree of spin to appease the fans, he reminded me of a pre-Hibs takeover Mercer and refrained from a condescending/sneering attitude towards the supporters.

If junior doesn't want to play football chairman, maybe Daddy should cut him loose and let proper football people like Ogilvie and Fedotovas get on with it.

Roman was not only an embarrassment to Hearts and himself today, but also to his father. I can accept there may have been a suitable reason for him not attending today, but could whatever it was that kept him away not waited 24 hours because his son inflicted a humiliating blow on him.

Who knows, maybe Roman wanted to hurt his father in some way......not the first time a son has rebelled against a parent.

maybe it was spin...i dont know!!!

but for me the main point i took from the interview was serges explanation on how they were going to control the debt...not something they've explained before?

personally i felt he looked embaressed by rr comments at the agm and wanted to get the points across that should have been made at the agm.

as rr couldnt remove himself from his emotional bond to his family.

as a side note does anyone else now think that NONE is actually rr????

Thoughts?

the mans a puppet and he is a lier who fools week minded fans. you say he comes across very well and is articulate and i say SO WHAT.

wise up to what's going on at hearts and stop being so ignorant as to what is going on at our club.

jamboinglasgow

I have met Sergi before and I cant see him coming forward and BS us, he is a very intelligent man who is genuine. I think he is a another key member of Hearts.

I think at the AGM, RR wanted to be the one speaking even though he wasn't that clued up, the staff probably gave him some figures but he was allowed to sprout the rubbish that he did. Hearts realised afterwards that the wrong information is going out, fans will miss what is important about the AGM and so they got sergji on to explain what should of been said.

I think most of all what sergi said (dont want to say all at the momment) is the truth and it is said like someone who knows everything about the club. I think Vlad's people should advise him to remove RR as he is not helping things and putting in an effective command of Sergi, CO and Pedro would show an effective business side to Hearts.

I am feeling happier than this morning but things need to be shown to improve and the date for a manager is no later than 30 June, no manager on 1st of july, no more chances from me.

Just watched it and it is plainly obvious that Sergei should have been the AGM's front man instead of that buffoon who clearly has 'nei kulturni' Roman Romanov.

Roman reminded me of George Reynold's wife who chaired an AGM at Darlington FC and accused the players of deliberately throwing games - they all stood up en masse and walked out. Hindsight is lovely, but, imagine if those present today did the same thing when Roman started spouting his nonsense? He'd have looked liked the sad, pathetic specimen that he's already making himself out to be.

Sergei gave the impression of having a clue. While I accept there may be a degree of spin to appease the fans, he reminded me of a pre-Hibs takeover Mercer and refrained from a condescending/sneering attitude towards the supporters.

If junior doesn't want to play football chairman, maybe Daddy should cut him loose and let proper football people like Ogilvie and Fedotovas get on with it.

Roman was not only an embarrassment to Hearts and himself today, but also to his father. I can accept there may have been a suitable reason for him not attending today, but could whatever it was that kept him away not waited 24 hours because his son inflicted a humiliating blow on him.

Who knows, maybe Roman wanted to hurt his father in some way......not the first time a son has rebelled against a parent.

what a load of moon shine. these puppets don't go to the bathroom without romanov's say so. ogilvie, fedotovas, frail, southern, brodie and the rest are all yes men who have no guts and and are no friends of the hearts. romanov and his son need to be taught a lesson in respect for hearts. it will happen one day and i just hope i'm there to see it.

Whatever they say or do now I'm afraid it's all too late for me now. I sympathise with those that emotionally find it difficult to give up their season tickets, but surely there isn't any other option? It's time to cut off the money supply to the Romanovs.

Just listened to the interview. What's everyone getting excited about? He says nothing, albeit in an articulate manner. Phrases like "It's my understanding" and "My information is" mean he doesn't know. There is absolutely no reassuring info in this interview. I can only see it as a damage limitation exercise after RR's car crash performance earlier.

Didn't CM say just the other week that we hadn't spoken to any managerial candidates, now apparently we have.

I think if you look at the interview very carefully you can see the strings.

Dr Ian Malcolm

So if Fedotovas says all this at the AGM instead of a later interview is it still all "BS and spin"? I agree that we shouldn't be buying everything the club says and accepting that everything will be okay, but at the same time to dismiss anything they say out of hand as lies is equally as bad.

I don't think its quite as simple as "do you believe them or not?" For example, Fedotovas explained in a little more detail how they plan to finance the stand. He mentioned they are looking for a manager and I actually think they are looking - whether we get one we're happy with is a matter of a) time and B) opinion. Obviously there are things that haven't been gone in to in major detail, whether they can or won't do this, we don't know, which is probably a major part of the problem. We hope its good, many expect it not to be, but I'm going to hold off on making the prophesies of doom until we actually know.

I'm not saying the interview with Fedotovas has allayed all my fears and we're going to be absolutely fine but neither does it paint the picture of doom that Jnr unleashed this morning. When the person answering the questions isn't a complete plumb and is able to give relevant answers it gives me a shred more confidence.

Dont mean to disrespect the thread... but.. Inever read it all.

We all know sergi speaks better but we're stuck with RR.... until change, this means nothing aprt from the fact those at hearts realise RR has made an erse of it.

Dr Ian Malcolm

I think I mentioned it on the AGM thread, but it seems that damage limitation is needed most of the time after RR speaks.

Last season (possibly season before?) he was around whrn Vlad was out of the county and was coming out with all sorts of pish. Vlad returns and we don't see Rodney for the best part of a year. He's got previous for talking balls. Thats not to say the rest of them are completely honest, but Rodney seems to have a flair for conversing from his arse.

New Manager by 30th June for pre-season started.

Discussions have been held with candidates.

Agrees and disagress with getting a British manager - Feels we should be looking for a skillful and professional manager - My interpretation is a manager who wont throw the toys out the pram when Vlad say ****tykaus must play!!!

That interview was total crud - set Q&A, with no follow up questions. As soon as he'd given his prewritten answer, Mr Marketing simply moved on to the next topic.

How can he expect us to take that seriously, when the club have written both sides of the interview?

Saying that, even though he must have been well prepared, watch his body language and speech change when asked when the new manager will be in place. Its pure lies.

maroonedinoz

Its clear that the non buying of season tickets clearly has them worried.

How dare he label such people who are urging a boycott though as 'not being true supporters'....they have followed Hearts since long before he ever ever knew there WAS a football club called Hearts and they will be supporting them long after he and his cohorts are gone.

It is Romanov who has brought about a situation where the true fans feel so utterly helpless and defeated that this is their only option to get their point across.

He hopes once again, that 'fear of the alternative' will stop them making a public show of their displeasure.

Its up to season ticket holders I guess.....don't renew and you send a strong message althugh it may tweak your conscience.....renew, keep your seat, but put more money and support into Vlad's coffers.

He mentioned they are looking for a manager and I actually think they are looking - whether we get one we're happy with is a matter of a) time and B) opinion.

You can think what you like, but the problem for most of us is that it was diametrically opposite to what RR said in the morning. He said they didn't know if they wanted to look at any of the names on the shortlist. Whichever way you look at it that means they haven't done anything.

brellierlegend
Its clear that the non buying of season tickets clearly has them worried.

How dare he label such people who are urging a boycott though as 'not being true supporters'....they have followed Hearts since long before he ever ever knew there WAS a football club called Hearts and they will be supporting them long after he and his cohorts are gone.

It is Romanov who has brought about a situation where the true fans feel so utterly helpless and defeated that this is their only option to get their point across.

He hopes once again, that 'fear of the alternative' will stop them making a public show of their displeasure.

Its up to season ticket holders I guess.....don't renew and you send a strong message althugh it may tweak your conscience.....renew, keep your seat, but put more money and support into Vlad's coffers.

I hate this ultimatum. Here is a scenario for you. I have been a season ticket holder for about 10 years and have been going for 20 years. I have recently started taking my cousin who is only 9 and he has been bitten by the Hearts bug. His room is covered in Hearts paraphernalia and he is desparate to see as many games as he possibly can.

He does not understand the boardroom politics. How anyone on this board can vilify me for renewing for that reason I will never know.

The people that know my posts on this board know that I am against Vlad and think the running of the club is a shambles. However, I will not stop going because of him and ruin my cousins enjoyment.

They are not Hearts. We are. I will not stop going because of them. Willing to take part in any form of protest but I will renew.

Archived