boilers

mikeyt11

Anyone now where i can get a good cheap boiler, am only after the boiler as i'm about to get my loft converted and they will be fitting it.Also does it matter how many radaitors u have and showers going through the boiler when picking one????????????????????

Stuart Lyon

It matters. There appears to be a lot of old boilers that post on here from time to time. Go to B&Q or Plumbcentre.

Anyone now where i can get a good cheap boiler, am only after the boiler as i'm about to get my loft converted and they will be fitting it.Also does it matter how many radaitors u have and showers going through the boiler when picking one????????????????????

I am not a plumber so i am sure 1 will be along shortly to keep you right. However to get you started then yes it does matter how many radiators you have. Different boilers have a different output and you will need to get one strong enough to suit your house and the new loft conversion. You will also have other options regarding putting in a separate tank for the hot water. As you may be away combi-boilers have their limitations.

I am not a plumber so i am sure 1 will be along shortly to keep you right. However to get you started then yes it does matter how many radiators you have. Different boilers have a different output and you will need to get one strong enough to suit your house and the new loft conversion. You will also have other options regarding putting in a separate tank for the hot water. As you may be away combi-boilers have their limitations.

Cheers daz;)

Pete Seeger

I get my materials from city plumbing and Plumb centre. City plumbing are usually spot on.

Would recommend any of worcester or vaillant combi boilers try bartering with various plumbing merchants by saying can you beat this price and so on.

Mark at sighthill PTS is pretty good,if a one bathroom house something like the worcester 30cdi(greenstar) for about 795 + vat.

worcester 30cdi(greenstar) for about 795 + vat.

****in rip off LOL :evilno:

vaillant combi boilers

Pish boiler

Try........................

mrcentralheating mate

http://www.mrcentralheating.com :P

Sabre 35HE- ?539.00 inc' VAT Including Flue & Clock made by vokera

The Old Tolbooth
she's a boiler right enough J :kiss2:

You been there too mate? She's had more *****s than my locals dart board!

davemclaren

You hadn't mentioned her for a while as well.... :rolleyes:

her nips are like darts right enough ;)

Miller Jambo 60

John heard of a woman scorned but like me was ****ed about.

Happy now though.

On the topic of boilers.

The pilot light on mine has gone off and I can't get it back on. Not had time to get anyone into look at it yet, will it cost alot?

The Old Tolbooth
On the topic of boilers.

The pilot light on mine has gone off and I can't get it back on. Not had time to get anyone into look at it yet, will it cost alot?

You should be able to ignite it yourself mate, is there instructions kicking around somewhere?

If not, type your boiler make into google and track down the instructions online.

You normally have to hold a button in for around 30 secs before trying to ignite, then keep holding it in after its ignited (at least thats how my one lights up)

Suppose it depends what system you have though mate. (sorry, not much help but I tried lol!)

You should be able to ignite it yourself mate, is there instructions kicking around somewhere?

If not, type your boiler make into google and track down the instructions online.

You normally have to hold a button in for around 30 secs before trying to ignite, then keep holding it in after its ignited (at least thats how my one lights up)

Suppose it depends what system you have though mate. (sorry, not much help but I tried lol!)

I may owe you a pint dude.

Light seems to be on for now...

Hot water just about on, not sure about the heating yet!

Please work, it's fecking freezin!

The Old Tolbooth
I may owe you a pint dude.

Light seems to be on for now...

Hot water just about on, not sure about the heating yet!

Please work, it's fecking freezin!

Just call me an engineer mate :cheese:

Just call me an engineer mate :cheese:

Still confident it's working properly like.

Hope to feck it is, its been off a good week or so!

:mad:

Trekking back to my mums for showers all the time has been a pain in the erse cos of the no water!

:D

It matters not only how many radiators, but what size they are. How big is you house, how many square meters.

It will also depend on how big are your windows, are they single or double glazed,

What is the structure of your house - does it have insulation. Is the roof insulated. Is your house drafty or sealed or somewhere in between.

You need to know the heat loss

You could employ a consultant and spend a fortune, employ a fitter who will guess from rules of thumb or work it out yourself using rules of thumb, somehwere between 40- 60W/squ m (floor size)

Archived