climate down Gorgie these days , with the credit crunch getting crunchier

would i be correct to forecast next season attendance figures at Tynecastle

will be in the 8 to 12K margin .

Studying my charts and statistics with the current market trends and present

climate down Gorgie these days , with the credit crunch getting crunchier

would i be correct to forecast next season attendance figures at Tynecastle

will be in the 8 to 12K margin .

Minimum 12k!

Kickback provides a fairly restricted viewpoint of the Hearts fanbase, and there are a lot of drama queens who just want to make a point

I don't think we will sell out STs, but the drop will largely be covered by new applicants

Rick Grimes

probably not. i think they'll string out the "search" for a new manager for long enough to keep 90% of the current lot at least renewing. this probably includes me, hence my thread earlier asking when the deadline was.

early june we'll find out Frail is the manager. 14k crowds thereafter with swings dependant on results.

Guest JamboRobbo

I expect we'll be back at pre romanov levels. e.g. approx 10k ST's. 12-13k average crowd.

just my opinion though.

A further addition to my post, as I wanted the first bit to have more of an impact!

We have a fairly solid block of fans who will renew no matter what. The people who turn up no matter where we are in the league or how the team is doing. This basically accounts for a minimum of 8,000. Some of these people will make a "stand" to try and force change, but the majority know that this will be largely ineffective, and is counter-intuitive as it will have more of a negative impact on the team than anything else. The owners of our club have recently been very thick-skinned, and don't take much notice of what us mere fans do

You then have a block of about 8,000 others who are fluctuating ST holders. They don't always renew due to certain changing circumstances. They are committed to renewing or re-buying whenever possible, and you have about a 40% occupancy rate at any one time from this group.

The rest is made up by the newcomers or lapsed fan. Higher numbers from this group when succesful, rapid drop in periods of strife. This is the group where we will see the biggest drop

siegementality
Minimum 12k!

Kickback provides a fairly restricted viewpoint of the Hearts fanbase, and there are a lot of drama queens who just want to make a point

I don't think we will sell out STs, but the drop will largely be covered by new applicants

What's the weather like on Fantasy Island?.

Depends on form early next season really. I'd have thought season tickets around 8k, and then who knows?

Next few years don't look clever to me. The high wage earners don't want to leave, (let's face it, they came for the money only), so I'd see us losing another 20 million over the next 3 years. Maybe then Romanov comes to his senses.

I'd really like to be wrong about this.

jimjamjolly
I reckon this could be the first season in a while where we'll get less than 10k at a home SPL match.

If this is all we sell the hobos may get more ST holders than us. Wonder if that's ever happened before?

kennygarland1

I reckon we will see a drop of maybe about 1-2k on this season,then when we get off to a flyer in the league,they will be lining up to come back after a couple of weeks. Just my opinion,but i truly BELIEVE we will be up there challenging next season.

I reckon we will see a drop of maybe about 1-2k on this season,then when we get off to a flyer in the league,they will be lining up to come back after a couple of weeks. Just my opinion,but i truly BELIEVE we will be up there challenging next season.

I BELIEVE you should lay off the drugs.....:eek:

kennygarland1
I BELIEVE you should lay off the drugs.....:eek:

I will remind you of that statement when the season begins.

I will remind you of that statement when the season begins.

I sincerely hope you are proved right mate and I have egg all over my face...however any ship with a useless tw@t in overall command is headed for stormy waters I'm afraid....

merseyjambo

After todays fiasco, I expect the number of ST holders to be between 5000 & 8000. IMO I can't really see many more than 8000 renewing.

A lot of long term fans have gotten to the end of their rope with VR and the apparent confirmation of VR still interfering in team matters and SF being appointed as manager will be the final straw for some.

JR1983, If you think the 'waiting list' to replace those who do not renew is still in place then you are more diluded than normal.

Like most Hearts supporters, it will always be the first result I look for but even when we were yo-yoing between the Premier & First division, I don't think I've been as apathetic about them and theres a lot in my generation who feel the same way.

To ask someone to pay ?450 to watch the same turgid stuff from sub standard players every 2 weeks is ridiculous. Highlights and entertainment have been scarce in the last 2 seasons and it looks like its going to get a lot worse

After todays fiasco, I expect the number of ST holders to be between 5000 & 8000. IMO I can't really see many more than 8000 renewing.

A lot of long term fans have gotten to the end of their rope with VR and the apparent confirmation of VR still interfering in team matters and SF being appointed as manager will be the final straw for some.

JR1983, If you think the 'waiting list' to replace those who do not renew is still in place then you are more diluded than normal.

Like most Hearts supporters, it will always be the first result I look for but even when we were yo-yoing between the Premier & First division, I don't think I've been as apathetic about them and theres a lot in my generation who feel the same way.

To ask someone to pay ?450 to watch the same turgid stuff from sub standard players every 2 weeks is ridiculous. Highlights and entertainment have been scarce in the last 2 seasons and it looks like its going to get a lot worse

That has to be the biggest understatemnt I have ever heard! When Hearts have played, I don't just casually glance at the score in the Sunday paper.

For the majority of Hearts fans on here, Hearts is a passion, something they care deeply about. You clearly do not have that

Jambof3tornado

Sell outs every home game all season and a 3rd place finish,back to the usual standard of player and play we have come to expect. Think I am dreaming??

WE WILL SEE.;)

Still believing 2023/24!!! Coz there is no other way of life than the Jambo way!!

merseyjambo
That has to be the biggest understatemnt I have ever heard! When Hearts have played, I don't just casually glance at the score in the Sunday paper.

For the majority of Hearts fans on here, Hearts is a passion, something they care deeply about. You clearly do not have that

Mate I've been going to Tynecastle for longer than you've been born so don't lecture me about being a real supporter or having no passion.

Unfortunately a combination of where I live, my job and working 4 weekends out of 5 mean that the first I know about the score tends to be Sunday morning when I get in from work or checking it on the net while I'm at work. Thats what I mean by looking for the score first you mod edit

5k STs sold come July, Vlad will start to panic, bring in Mourinho, 10k additional STs sold within a week, Mourinho sacked by August with Vlad citing "unreconcilable differences" :D

Clerry Jambo

There will be a drop in sales - that's a fact.

But the amount it falls by will be more clearer by the time July comes around.

By then we will know if Kingston is still a jambo - by christ i hope so!!

Will a lot of the dross be emptied - i think it will be - but more importantly we should start to see the type of standard of player coming into Tynie - that will determine if people renew or not.

I know the Manager situation IS crucial to this scenario aswell BUT god forbid Frail is still the Manager the players coming in will tell us loads:eek:

To ask someone to pay ?450 to watch the same turgid stuff from sub standard players every 2 weeks is ridiculous.

What I dont agree with is the difference in prices. My new ST will cost me ?385 for sitting in section G whereas in the Bronze areas it's ?250. Now my seat isn't any more comfortable, I dont get to watch a better game and I get the same 'perks' ie money off in the shop but I pay ?135 more. The expensive areas appear to be growing and the cheap seats are dwindling.

We haven't renewed yet and if we do, it will be for the banter of some of the guys who sit around us but it's not worth the extra money.

Archived