Black Watch

Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

I'm going to see this tonight at the SECC - Has anyone else been to a performance? Its supposed to be cracking.

Supposed to be awesome - but seemingly they cannot put this on in Edinburgh as the venue needs seats on both sides

alwaysthereinspirit
I'm going to see this tonight at the SECC - Has anyone else been to a performance? Its supposed to be cracking.

Seen them a couple of times over here at the Boston Garden. Was always some aggro outside in the late 80's when the dumb Irish Americans would stand outside supporting the !ra. Such thoughtful banners as "music means death in Ireland" That one always stuck in my head.

There was always an old man in an RAF uniform giving them what for with his British officer voice.

I digress,the shows are awesome.

Supposed to be awesome - but seemingly they cannot put this on in Edinburgh as the venue needs seats on both sides

It isn't on in Edinburgh as it has already done a month during the Fringe. Where it was originally premiered. It can be done in any large hall as the seats are always temporary.

It isn't on in Edinburgh as it has already done a month during the Fringe. Where it was originally premiered. It can be done in any large hall as the seats are always temporary.

It was also done for two nights at Edinburgh Uni Sports Hall at The Pleasance last June.

Two banks of seats either side of the floor.

Best piece of theatre I've ever seen.

Awesome

11 out of 10.

I saw it at the SECC last Friday. I can honestly say it is one of the most powerful pieces of theatre I have ever seen and I am 61. The raw emotion gets to you in a way that you have to experience to begin to understand.

The set-up is similar to the Tattoo with racks of seating on both sides of the esplanade (stage). This was a real life Tattoo, blood, guts, barrack-room language and humour topped with lashings of pathos; not the showbiz military glammed up version displayed at the Castle every August.

I would like to see Tony Blair strapped to a seat to watch it. On second thoughts, it would be wasted on the creep.

I would recommend it. Go see it if you get the chance.

My husband and I saw it at the Rothes Halls in Glenrothes a few weeks ago. It was amazing. The guys actually made me believe they were soldiers. I've been ranting about it since and would advise everyone to go and see it. If bad language offends then it's maybe best left alone but it's all part of the play. Seeing it in a small venue only adds to the intensity.

Cant recommend it enough.

alwaysthereinspirit
Seen them a couple of times over here at the Boston Garden. Was always some aggro outside in the late 80's when the dumb Irish Americans would stand outside supporting the !ra. Such thoughtful banners as "music means death in Ireland" That one always stuck in my head.

There was always an old man in an RAF uniform giving them what for with his British officer voice.

What? and I dont feel like a t!t. :oopsoops:

What a bizarre posting?

Archived