All hope gone

The Merse

Well, after todays revelations the 5% hope I had that Romanov might actually turn this around, or even want to turn this around are completely dead.

If anyone still "believes" in him after the shambles of the AGM then they are off their rocker.

The only defence in the past has been how well the business side of the club is doing...

Aye record losses and dreadful return on the pitch, mounting debt and a majority shareholder who doesn't even bother to turn up for the AGM and leaves his son in charge who can't even answer the questions properly to clear up his mess.

Call me a drama queen if you want but Hearts as we know it is dead.

Dirk Diggler

I'm intersted to know why people are willing to ridicule RR for not knowing that Roman Bednar was a Hearts player but are willing to take everything else he had to say on board?

I'm intersted to know why people are willing to ridicule RR for not knowing that Roman Bednar was a Hearts player but are willing to take everything else he had to say on board?

He doesn't know the ins and outs of the club but I'm pretty sure he knows what daddy wants.

I am with you not be renewing next year

not going to pay to watch a team that is picked by a man who has less of a clue than I have about football

Romanov gtf

I am with you not be renewing next year

not going to pay to watch a team that is picked by a man who has less of a clue than I have about football

Romanov gtf

I'm gutted to say that I think I have also finally made my mind up and will not be renewing.

Selkirk_Jambo
He doesn't know the ins and outs of the club but I'm pretty sure he knows what daddy wants.

It seems to me he has very little knowledge of whats going on at our club and even less interest. If Romanov Snr genuinely wants to build some bridges, firing him would be a good start. The sooner we get rid of prat the younger, the better.

Should have let Ogilivie run the AGM and saved another PR disaster.

I'm gutted to say that I think I have also finally made my mind up and will not be renewing.

this morning i was going to no problem

Today has completly changed my mind

Drew Busby !

It's on the cards for many of us mate.

Theres no guarantee that a new manager - and I know that sounds like an unlikely scenario now - will make much of a difference, or hang around for long.

However, with that possibility still only just on the horizon, I'm prepared to wait as long as I have to through the spring and summer before renewing.

If an appointment doesn't come to pass, then I will be letting the ST go for only the 2nd time in about 25 years, and the last time I missed out was purely due to redundancy/bad financial timing.

coppercrutch

I am also wavering. Thought things may have been looking up a little but after this mornings nonsense does not sound great. I was not there myself but I don't think people are lying about the fact it was a farce.

marshallschunkychicken

That's the really depressing part. He knew that at the core of the situation is that whatever is in VR's mind at the time is what happens. The minutiae of the football club is therefore an irrelevence that can just be flannelled.

boabyarsebiscuit

I really want to renew. I would miss not going to matches. But the Romanovs are making it difficult for me. The contempt they show to us fans is awful.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

My next and last game for a while will be Neilsons testimonial, purely because I want to see some guys on the park who know what it takes to be a Jambo.

I wasn't even bothered when I heard all about the shambles this morning.

I may as well have been reading about Colchesters AGM, that's how much interest I had sadly.

Sorry mate, just went off on a rant & started another thread saying more or less the same.

Depressing times.

Had an ST for nearly 40 years, with just a couple of breaks for work relocation.

In truth, the AGM has no bearing on the fact that I was totally hacked off following Hearts before today.

I do not expect to win the double every year

I do not expect to win the Champions' League

I do not expect to see world class players in Hearts jerseys

Hell, I do not even expect the half time pie to be tasty. What I DO expect in return for the three ST's I buy each year is to see:

- players who TRY (even if they arnae very good)

- a manager who can get the best out of the players his budget can afford

- a club run by capable people who are PROUD of the club and its history

- most of all, I expect to ENJOY games and be ENTERTAINED (even if we draw lots and lose a few).

Last home game I enjoyed and which entertained me? 4-2 v Rangers earlier this season. Before that? (worringly)...I cannae remember!!

Ask anyone who knows me, I am an eternal Jambo optimist. Now? Couldnae really give a sh..! Sad, but true. If I am so apathetic, God only knows how many will attend games next season.

Had an ST for nearly 40 years, with just a couple of breaks for work relocation.

In truth, the AGM has no bearing on the fact that I was totally hacked off following Hearts before today.

Hell, I do not even expect the half time pie to be tasty. What I DO expect in return for the three ST's I buy each year is to see:

- most of all, I expect to ENJOY games and be ENTERTAINED (even if we draw lots and lose a few).

Last home game I enjoyed and which entertained me? 4-2 v Rangers earlier this season. Before that? (worringly)...I cannae remember!!

Ask anyone who knows me, I am an eternal Jambo optimist. Now? Couldnae really give a sh..! Sad, but true. If I am so apathetic, God only knows how many will attend games next season.

You've summed up the entire situation very nicely. This is all it has ever been about for the fans who have expressed concern over the last three years.

I've never met or heard of anyone outside Kickback who has any time for the way the Romanovs have run - and shamed - this club. I know long-term fans who have already given up on the club in its current state, and I suspect most of us do.

Today gave me the strong feeling that as long as the Romanovs are there, we'll have more of the same. Mark McGhee? Don't make me laugh.

I've got to the stage where I don't think I can justify giving any more money to people who are laughing at the supporters.

maroonlegions

why don't we send vlad a list of everyone who is NOT renewing next season , be it e-mail or signed letters , what would his reaction be , bottle it, or force him to show his true colours.:cool:

Jambof3tornado

I really dont know that anyone can honestly say the AGM has been the final nail in the coffin for them renewing. Its no surprise that Vlad wasnt there and equally no surprise that arrogant people are arrogant people.Did anyone really expect good news from the board??? Nah. We have been crap and getting worse,cut your losses now if you want but if things do get better(and its going to be a big if),dont complain if anyone tars you with the tag of glory hunter when you come running back!!!

mod delete

Jeezo I hope things are better next season.:P

Listening to Serge Fed makes me feel a little better.

Just enough to put down the razor blade... for now.

Somebody should gaffa tape Roman's mouth shut.

Last game i was at was the Rangers 4-0 humping of us and i left at half time, never been back since and will not be re-newing my season ticket. It's not that i don't support Hearts (been there in the past through thick and thin) but these clowns don't care about hmfc, players and backroom staff. At this moment in time i would rather we went bust and started again.

I really want to renew. I would miss not going to matches. But the Romanovs are making it difficult for me. The contempt they show to us fans is awful.

Emboldened word is exactly the problem.

Fantastic post. I have little to add to that.

I really dont know that anyone can honestly say the AGM has been the final nail in the coffin for them renewing. Its no surprise that Vlad wasnt there and equally no surprise that arrogant people are arrogant people.Did anyone really expect good news from the board??? Nah. We have been crap and getting worse,cut your losses now if you want but if things do get better(and its going to be a big if),dont complain if anyone tars you with the tag of glory hunter when you come running back!!!

mod delete

Jeezo I hope things are better next season.:P

If you think people stopping going to games is down to glory hunting then you are far wrong.

It's those who crave success above the integrity of the club that are the glory hunters, not those who can't tolerate the disgraceful way our club acts and treats us.

There is nothing to believe in.

The AGM just confirmed that nothing has changed in the running of the club and that there is no hope in the future.

chester copperpot

you should all grow a set o balls and get back supporting the team.;)

I am officially the greatest support of HMFC on this board.

I gave up hope ages and ages ago, today has kind of confirmed that everything he says is B/S. One thing though,at least guys who were undecided might have just had their minds made up for them.

Seriously seriously worried about our football club now, and I mean seriously worried.

I also feel there's no actual point to the meeting with Charlie Mann, as I guess most answers were had today, in a roundabout way.

The Old Tolbooth

Just bite hard on the belt son, and you wont feel a thing! :confused:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
If you think people stopping going to games is down to glory hunting then you are far wrong.

It's those who crave success above the integrity of the club that are the glory hunters, not those who can't tolerate the disgraceful way our club acts and treats us.

There is nothing to believe in.

The AGM just confirmed that nothing has changed in the running of the club and that there is no hope in the future.

Well said.

HMFC don't do glory hunters. Otherwise you would just go and follow the ugly sisters.

This is much more than bad results, it's the way the good name of the club is being destroyed and dragged through the mud.

you should all grow a set o balls and get back supporting the team.;)

I am officially the greatest support of HMFC on this board.

I gave up hope ages and ages ago, today has kind of confirmed that everything he says is B/S. One thing though,at least guys who were undecided might have just had their minds made up for them.

Seriously seriously worried about our football club now, and I mean seriously worried.

I also feel there's no actual point to the meeting with Charlie Mann, as I guess most answers were had today, in a roundabout way.

I gave up hope completely the day Pressley spoke out.

Still can't get my head around the fact that some people still supported the Romanovs after that sham.

I genuinely fear Heart of Midlothian FC is on its last legs.

I gave up hope completely the day Pressley spoke out.

Still can't get my head around the fact that some people still supported the Romanovs after that sham.

I genuinely fear Heart of Midlothian FC is on its last legs.

I hope that it is Romanov's Hearts that is on it's last legs, Heart of Midlothian Football Club however, can and hopefully will be saved. I have always believed that we the fans are the ultimate custodians of this club, we can have real influence on this situation.

It seems we are to die a death of a thousand cuts with the Romanovs, the previous poster was spot on when he said the fans are the custodians of the club not the Romanovs. Even if we had to start again playing in a lower division we would be back in our rightfull place again within a few years.

I think this stuff is going to far.

What today showed is that Rodney Romanov is disinterested, snidey and arrogant.

It did not show that he is involved in any decisions.

I don't think anything got any worse today.

Dirk Diggler

Agreed Coco.

Spot on Coco. As I have said on another thread, all today has done is confirmed, if we didn't already know, that Roman Romanov is an under-qualified, inexperienced, not to mention pee-poor chairman. If today's AGM had been under the stewardship of Fedatovas, a different picture would be being painted on this forum tonight.

HMFC not only needs a new manager, it needs a new chairman.

Spot on Coco. As I have said on another thread, all today has done is confirmed, if we didn't already know, that Roman Romanov is an under-qualified, inexperienced, not to mention pee-poor chairman. If today's AGM had been under the stewardship of Fedatovas, a different picture would be being painted on this forum tonight.

HMFC not only needs a new manager, it needs a new chairman.

Not really disagreeing with you Martin or you Coco. However what today seems to be for a number of folk on here is another tipping point. For some it was Burley's sacking, for some the Riccarton three, others Rix etc etc. It's another one of those straws that seem to have broken the camel's back for those concerned. So what you both say is true, but it's another one of the many events over the last year or two that's seeing many fans - who have seen far worse teams getting far worse results - desert the club.

I've said it before but I'm not fussy about fans not going who started going when Burley joined. It's the core support who were there in the 1st division days, in the McLean days, were there a few years back at Saughton Park - it's the loss of those fans that really worries me.

I think they made it perfectly clear that the one thing we were all desperate for (a new manager) isn't going to happen.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Not really disagreeing with you Martin or you Coco. However what today seems to be for a number of folk on here is another tipping point. For some it was Burley's sacking, for some the Riccarton three, others Rix etc etc. It's another one of those straws that seem to have broken the camel's back for those concerned. So what you both say is true, but it's another one of the many events over the last year or two that's seeing many fans - who have seen far worse teams getting far worse results - desert the club.

I've said it before but I'm not fussy about fans not going who started going when Burley joined. It's the core support who were there in the 1st division days, in the McLean days, were there a few years back at Saughton Park - it's the loss of those fans that really worries me.

Agreed.

Today should have been about reassurance.

I am sure that when all the Bank's/Financial institutions have their AGM's in the current climate, they will go out of their way to assure shareholders, not p*ss them off further!!

It sounded totally amateurish.

Archie White
Well, after todays revelations the 5% hope I had that Romanov might actually turn this around, or even want to turn this around are completely dead.

If anyone still "believes" in him after the shambles of the AGM then they are off their rocker.

The only defence in the past has been how well the business side of the club is doing...

Aye record losses and dreadful return on the pitch, mounting debt and a majority shareholder who doesn't even bother to turn up for the AGM and leaves his son in charge who can't even answer the questions properly to clear up his mess.

Call me a drama queen if you want but Hearts as we know it is dead.

After leaving today's AGM I have never been so certain that Hearts will not move forward on the field with the Romanovs in control. Leaving aside the questions over the debt and the stand, if we had a successful team on the pitch I think the majority of the fans would not care two hoots how high the debt got or whether the new stand ever got built.

But listening to RRs embarrassing and paranoid rants about these old chestnuts - refereeing decisions and OF bias costing us a top 6 finish, you could actually see Campbell Ogilie's head almost disappearing into his shoulders with the mother of all cringes.

Romanov has absolutely no idea how the club is being run; the Bednar thing was just incredible; his way of managing the debt is to sell our best players (great for building a team); he has no respect for the fans and his arrogance knows no bounds.

Frail WILL be the next manager - the easy option - of that I have no doubt - despite a chorus of "no's" from the floor when it was mentioned. He made it quite clear that no manager will have autonomy in team selection. (What manager will put up with that.)

Romanov and his foreign cronies are to be responsible for bringing in new players (they are "listening" to Frail's suggestions too at the moment.) So prepare for more Screpises, Ivascaviciuses and Zaliukases coming in.

The baws burst - the games a bogey - it's his baw - he can do what he wants. To hell with the fans. Ungrateful bams that we are. "Didn't he win us the Cup" he says, "Didn't he save us from Pieman". Old news now - it won't wash any longer.

We're gubbed. Before the Barcelona game I posted a thread - The Big R Revolution Con. I, and many others like me saw this coming a mile off. Well the games up with the Romanovs now. They've exposed their own con by their sheer arrogance and lack of understanding of us "foreigners".

Where will it all end? The really sad thing is that I don't think even they know.

He made it quite clear that no manager will have autonomy in team selection. (What manager will put up with that.)

Romanov and his foreign cronies are to be responsible for bringing in new players (they are "listening" to Frail's suggestions too at the moment.) So prepare for more Screpises, Ivascaviciuses and Zaliukases coming in.

I've been away all week so have been trying to find out exactly what was said today.

What I've gathered so far is that we will be cost-cutting by getting rid of some of the bigger earners, they are still saying to trust them with the debt and he didn't want to say who owns Bednar.

This is the first I've seen about his meddling continuing.

What exactly was said about this ?

Agreed.

Today should have been about reassurance.

I am sure that when all the Bank's/Financial institutions have their AGM's in the current climate, they will go out of their way to assure shareholders, not p*ss them off further!!

It sounded totally amateurish.

amateurish it was not even that good the chairman chief executive and the other board member did not even know if roman bednar was a hearts player or not pedro lopez had to come charging in to answer

Archie White
I've been away all week so have been trying to find out exactly what was said today.

What I've gathered so far is that we will be cost-cutting by getting rid of some of the bigger earners, they are still saying to trust them with the debt and he didn't want to say who owns Bednar.

This is the first I've seen about his meddling continuing.

What exactly was said about this ?

He was asked quite clearly from the floor if the new manager would be in complete control of team selection - yes or no? He replied that it would be a "team selection" - that the manager (Frail) would go to Romanov with the preferred team and Romanov and his cronies would study it to see if it was in line with their thoughts. If not, this would be "discussed" by this "team" and "Manager" and a consensus reached on the best team for the game. "So that's a no" shouted some astute fan from the audience.

So yes - the meddling continues. Did we really think it would ever stop. And there have been debates on here about McGhee, Levein, Jefferies etc taking the reigns. Nae chance when they have to run every team past Romanov for his vetting. Can you see quality managers doing that!!! We really are gubbed.

He was asked quite clearly from the floor if the new manager would be in complete control of team selection - yes or no? He replied that it would be a "team selection" - that the manager (Frail) would go to Romanov with the preferred team and Romanov and his cronies would study it to see if it was in line with their thoughts. If not, this would be "discussed" by this "team" and "Manager" and a consensus reached on the best team for the game. "So that's a no" shouted some astute fan from the audience.

So yes - the meddling continues. Did we really think it would ever stop. And there have been debates on here about McGhee, Levein, Jefferies etc taking the reigns. Nae chance when they have to run every team past Romanov for his vetting. Can you see quality managers doing that!!! We really are gubbed.

Thanks for that mate. What a pile of faeces.

Who does own Bednar btw ?

davemclaren
Thanks for that mate. What a pile of faeces.

Who does own Bednar btw ?

Hearts according to Pedro.

Hearts according to Pedro.

That's what I thought. We signed him on a 5 year deal at the start of last season didn't we ?

Archie White
That's what I thought. We signed him on a 5 year deal at the start of last season didn't we ?

Pity the Chairman doesn't know that. Vlad, your son has done more damage to you in the last 24 hours than you have done yourself in the past 2 years.

Please remind me who 60-odd year old Vladimir Romanov's heir is? RR may not have much 'real' clout at the moment but, in time, daddy's empire will be his - a VERY worrying thought.

Please remind me who 60-odd year old Vladimir Romanov's heir is? RR may not have much 'real' clout at the moment but, in time, daddy's empire will be his - a VERY worrying thought.

Miko.:embarassed:

:sheep:

The thing that troubles me is that Roman Romanov is clearly not that interested in football, let alone Hearts, and from a succession point of view, this can only be bad for us.

portobellojambo1

Anyone reading the above could possibly come to the conclusion that the statement, re. manager, at the beginning of the year wasn't 100% accurate maybe. :rolleyes:

Cannot believe they would lie to us, it is not their style. ;)

Archived