"Beer blow for football fans on cup final day"

ramrod

Evening news tweeted an hour ago:

Evening News ? @edinburghpaper

Beer blow for football fans on cup final day - see tomorrow's @edinburghpaper

Anyone know what the crack with this is?

Hibee Hater

Evening news tweeted an hour ago:

Evening News ? @edinburghpaper

Beer blow for football fans on cup final day - see tomorrow's @edinburghpaper

Anyone know what the crack with this is?

Pubs who dont usually sell drink early in the morning have been denied to sell early on cup final day.

hughesie27

Probably that 16 hour licence they were trying to get?

Not that it will make the blindest difference.

Probably that 16 hour licence they were trying to get?

Not that it will make the blindest difference.

I know plenty places that can and will be open.

Can legally drink from 6am in certain places, if needs must :thumbsup:

mahgrassyshoes

Total blow. That's my plans ruined. Oh no, I was plannIng to have a few in the house before heading so it makes not a jot of difference to me!

ToadKiller Dog

Feck I would be in some state gone kick off if I started at 6 am .

Dean Winchester

Anyone that wants to drink early in the morning will no doubt find a way.

I'm off to Asda later :verysmug:

Guest GhostHunter

I'm forcing myself to drive this year - 2006 saw me pretty much goosed for most of the match..thus seeing me experience 3 hangovers in the one day.

Never again

the general

surely the heading should be

beer AND blow!!

Vlad-Stupid

I won't be drinking at all before the game. I want to remember this match for the rest of my life. Can barely remember 06 final at all :lol:

Probs have a few shandies on Sunday during the parade B)

I'm the same. Said no drink before the game. Want to remember every minute... Have a few after and on the Sunday tho...

girvanjambo

98 final, was supposed to be working on the Sunday, turned up blootered and narrowly avoided the dan mac.

06 was more low key.

12 I'm in the South stand on my jack jones, fairly near the middle. which is a little too near the hobos to be too drunk, in the unlikely event anything bad happens.

Radioactive Mince

surely the heading should be

beer AND blow!!

This. I'm gonna be in a funny state by midday never mind kickoff. This move won't affect reel phans like us.

Dean Winchester

98 final, was supposed to be working on the Sunday, turned up blootered and narrowly avoided the dan mac.

06 was more low key.

12 I'm in the South stand on my jack jones, fairly near the middle. which is a little too near the hobos to be too drunk, in the unlikely event anything bad happens.

You won't be near them there. All the hospitality/corporate guests will be between you and them in the south stand :thumbsup:

The Mighty Thor

It's champagne and stornoway black pudding rolls chez Thor.

They can ram their beer ban up their jinker :thumbsup:

scottish_chicP

I don't plan on being too drunk to see the game but no booze? My nerves would be shattered (although they will anyway!) We are booked into a social club in Giffnock :D

Stewart MacD

My office wouldn't have functioned otherwise.

Craigieboy

The problem with drinking before you climb onto the coach is that you need a piss by the time you get to Sighthill.

The queues going into Glasgow will take ages to move.

girvanjambo

You won't be near them there. All the hospitality/corporate guests will be between you and them in the south stand :thumbsup:

Forgot about them, good news, in that case I'll get blooterted again rolleyes.gif

Kickin off at 8am in my house the good lady will be away to her mothers for the day with the kids and she's stayin there at night as well as I'll be late in so it's a free license for me. Mates round for 8am few refreshments bacon rolls etc. 8 of picked up 9.30 straight through the weeg to pub for 11am just 5 mins from Hampden.

Anyone who really wants a drink will have something sorted.

It will affect the pub watching masses more,probably a sensible move to be honest!

super_vlad

See all these licences that aren't allowed to sell booze inside thier premises, if I remember right, there is no law stopping you drinking in the street!

There's no law against giving away free beer with an expensive bacon roll. I'm sure I read of a pub that did this before the semi.

If you want a drink plenty places open as usual...

Robbos's was getting to open for the final weekend, maybe not now as a different council licensing laws..

There's no law against giving away free beer with an expensive bacon roll. I'm sure I read of a pub that did this before the semi.

Dont think i could eat a dozen bacon rolls

john brownlee

See all these licences that aren't allowed to sell booze inside thier premises, if I remember right, there is no law stopping you drinking in the street!

Oh yes ther is thats what the evening hobo is going to run old stories as usual weegiland has a street ban I don't know if its all weegiland or just near humpdump but the strathclyde finish will give you a on the spot ticket. it happened near us at the semi with some younguns sherga and rider.

I think I misread the headline there, I thought for a second our tickets included extra perks...

Pubs who dont usually sell drink early in the morning have been denied to sell early on cup final day.

But we aren't the OF :confused:

Used to be able to still drink in a pub after hours or before opeing hours as long as no money was being handed over and the pubs till was not in use or cash drawer wasnt in the till, when I worked in a pub many years ago thats what we done if we had a lock in cashed up till drawers awai in safe and whoever was there had a tab and paid next day for it. The pub wouldnt get done for breaking any laws that way. Ive no idea if thats still the case now but the boozer we left from for the semi let us in at 9am on the sunday morning and it was a bar tab that was run up which was paid in a oner as we left.

I know plenty places that can and will be open.

I even know of a place that cant, but will be open :whistling:

Used to be able to still drink in a pub after hours or before opeing hours as long as no money was being handed over and the pubs till was not in use or cash drawer wasnt in the till, when I worked in a pub many years ago thats what we done if we had a lock in cashed up till drawers awai in safe and whoever was there had a tab and paid next day for it. The pub wouldnt get done for breaking any laws that way. Ive no idea if thats still the case now but the boozer we left from for the semi let us in at 9am on the sunday morning and it was a bar tab that was run up which was paid in a oner as we left.

Yeah that has changed. If u have a license to sell alcohol it's illegal to give away free alcohol on the premises or allow alcohol to be drunk on the premises outwith your licensing hours.

So the buy a roll get a free beer is illegal as you are using alcohol as something free in a promotion. Since this came in wording has changed. Like in spoons it's beer and burger. Rather than buy a burger and get a free beer. And of course it has to be in premises licensing hours.

The expensive bacon rolls story reminds me of a hostel I stayed in in Oz. They didn't have a licence but they did have a nightly raffle where you got a free beer with every ticket purchased. I won a rather fetching water pistol in the draw one evening.

Hannibal Lecter

Oh yes ther is thats what the evening hobo is going to run old stories as usual weegiland has a street ban I don't know if its all weegiland or just near humpdump but the strathclyde finish will give you a on the spot ticket. it happened near us at the semi with some younguns sherga and rider.

Local byelaw for the whole of Glasgow prevents drinking in the streets anywhere in the City. Think a lot of places in Scotland are the same these days.

I won't be drinking at all before the game. I want to remember this match for the rest of my life. Can barely remember 06 final at all :lol:

:vrface:

Get a grip you!

I'm going to get ******* smashed and I'll still be able to remember the match for the rest of my life

:smuggy:

Ecce Romanov

before the semi the polis were issuing ?40 on the spot fines to anyone drinking outside the ground.

of course there are ways round that! :rolleyes:

Sergio Garcia

Local byelaw for the whole of Glasgow prevents drinking in the streets anywhere in the City. Think a lot of places in Scotland are the same these days.

Yep same as Lanarkshire as well, no drinking in the street.

I always remember the match no matter how blotto I get pre match, one of my talents.

Radioactive Mince

If I recall correctly, Edinburgh is one of the only local authorities who still allow drinking on the streets outwith designated areas.

One of my favourite things about Edinburgh, if I'm honest, is not being criminalised for supping a beer or two on the way from Haymarket to Tynecastle on a sunny day. I have no idea how much trouble this contributes to or otherwise, but I hope this law never changes. It'll be a sad day if (when) it does IMO.

Salvatori5

before the semi the polis were issuing ?40 on the spot fines to anyone drinking outside the ground.

of course there are ways round that! :rolleyes:

6 of us were respectfully asked to bin what we were drinking, if we refused we would be issued with a fine. No problem as we adhered to the request.

frankblack

So, what is the story here if there is one at all?

I assume the pubs in Glasgow will be open as normal, so we can get refreshments before the game. Wouldn't be surprised if the bar in the Waverley is shut, though.

A Boy Named Crow

I remember after the 2006 final, two police officers approached us on Gorgie Road and asked if the mountain of tins and bottles nearby belonged to us. "Yes", we replied, fearing the worst. "Great" says they, "Can we have some, we cannae buy it while on duty"...slags!

Sterling Archer

I have the solution! :cheese:

I have a better solution thumbsup.gif

enhanced-buzz-10170-1334089775-4.jpg

Archived