10 Year Girl Missing in Edinburgh

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Don't know this wee lassie but seen it the now and thought I'd stick it on here.

http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2012/05/police-ask-for-help-in-tracing-missing-10-year-old-girl/

Police are appealing for help in tracing a ten-year-old schoolgirl who has gone missing in Edinburgh.

Lisa Young was last seen leaving Craigroyston Primary School around 11am today. The school is located in the Muirhouse area, just off Ferry Road.

There was another possible sighting of her in Gamekeepers Road, in the Cramond area, around 12.45pm.

There have been no sightings of her since, and police are carrying out extensive enquiries in the areas where she has been seen.

Lisa is described as white, around 4ft tall, with short light brown hair, and a fair complexion. When last seen she was wearing a blue sweatshirt, black trousers, and pink trainers. She was carrying a black rucksack.

A Lothian and Borders Police spokesman: ?While there are no immediate concerns that Lisa has come to any harm, she hasn?t returned home, and we are anxious to trace her as soon as possible.

?We are appealing to anyone who thinks they have seen her today to contact police immediately. Likewise, anyone who has any information regarding her current whereabouts should also get in touch.?

Anyone with any information should contact Lothian and Borders Police on 0131 311 3131, or Crimestoppers in confidence and complete anonymity on 0800 555 111.

davesmith

She'll show up by the morning.

Until then no doubt facebook will be full of rumours of suspicous cars,men and body finds as always. Shows up the lower side of social networks.

Couldnt even imagine what her parents are going through. Not got children myself but just my thinking of it is terrifying.

Hope she is found safe and well asap.

Johanes de Silentio

Until then no doubt facebook will be full of rumours of suspicous cars,men and body finds as always. Shows up the lower side of social networks.

Let's hope you're right.

davesmith

Just checked facebook and yups shock horror apparently 85% of the child population of Edinburgh were involved in attempted snatchings last week. Also some saying the girl has shown up already.

No doubt dissapeared with a friend after school; 10 years ago she'd be getting a rollicking of her mum/dad who had spent the evening looking for her right now rather than the police helicoptors being out

maroonlegions

She has been found safe and well , thankfully she is safe now.thumbsup.gif Reported on STV news on-line;

quote;

A 10-year-old girl who was reported missing earlier today in the Scottish capital has been found.

Lothian and Borders Police said Lisa Young was found "safe and well" at around 8pm.

The force had issued an appeal to trace the schoolgirl who was last seen in Edinburgh at about 11am.

She had been seen leaving the Craigroyston primary school in city's Muirhouse area.

link; http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Flocal.stv.tv%2Fedinburgh%2F99000-missing-10-year-old-girl-is-found-safe-and-well-in-edinburgh%2F&h=FAQF3OxAh

Police thanked the public for their help.

Gorgiewave

Where had she been all day?

Looking for a Cup Final brief I imagine.

davesmith

Where had she been all day?

Looking for a Cup Final brief I imagine.

Muirhouse kid skives school for the day, hardly a news story really.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Reminds me of that Frankie Boyle joke about Sharon Matthews.

The ugly ones always turn up safe and sound. :ninja:

Armageddon

Muirhouse then spotted in Barnton ... that's a fair jaunt for a 10 year old, was she doing the Beattie?

Anyway, good stuff that's she's safe.

Indeed! It's these fuds (generally single mothers on my FB) calling wolf all the time that will lead to a real alert being ignored in future!

The infamous child-snatchers of Gorebridge will be back out in their yellow paedomobile.

Archived