Top 3 Moments v Hibs.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

So many memories. So many bitchings. :smuggy:

I've been watching us deliver the hairy side of the hand to Hibs since the mid 80's.

But if push comes to shove, what are your 3 golden moments?

Yes, this has probably been done umpteen times before but **** it! It's nearly Cup Final week. :thumbsup:

OK, here's mine. In Descending order.

3: Fozzie: The clock is ticking. They have pounded us for most of the game. Long ball from Mackay. Great first touch. Through Bandy's legs. On the fence. Bedlam. :teehee:

2: Mercer: We want to buy you and liquidate you. We cant? Allrighty. We'll just taunt you mercilessly from the terracing and go 3 up at half time in you're own stinking midden.We'll watch you start fighting amongst yourself in impotent rage then lay off when the Police come to the changing room to ask us to play nice. :smuggy:

1:Hartley's Pen: The biggest derby ever. Reduced to a rout.Running to the packed Hearts end with three fingers aloft. The ultimate smackdown. B)

5534100745_e8a87ef761_m.jpg

loveofthegame

I've been watching us deliver the hairy side of the hand to Hibs since the mid 80's.

Yes, this has probably been done umpteen times before but **** it! It's nearly Cup Final week. :thumbsup:

1:Hartley's Pen: The biggest derby ever. Reduced to a rout.Running to the packed Hearts end with three fingers aloft. The ultimate smackdown. B)

Biggest Derby ever.... until a week on Sat-

Was at Foster derby (1st away day at ER) but was too young to properly enjoy it. So I'd prob go:

3) Obua winner. They tried to cheat. They went in front. We came up with our usual late winner. Sharing the stand was exceptional, running towards them as Obua fired the guns in celebration! "Gangsta"

2) 4-4. We where beaten. They had it wrapped up. Surely nobody could chuck that lead away....

1) Hartley 4-0 semi.

A win next Saturday, no matter how, obviously fires in as a new number 1.

Special mentions to De Vries derby, Pressley pen, Gary Glen SC, 4-1 4-0 (05/06), Stampy game.

So many to choose from!

Edit: I have picked games rather than exact moments... DOH. Still kind of works...

Buffalo Bill

3. Edgaras Jankauskas 2/4/06. The goal that wrapped it all up.

2. Wayne Foster - Bedlam on the Dunbar Terrace

1. Paul Hartley's First Goal in the semi 2006 - one of the greatest Hearts goals in my time, and the momentous occasion that hosted it.

indianajones

Weir in the 4-4 game was great.

KK in the last minute a year ago was also great.

So many fantastic moments against them.

Chad Sexington

Biggest Derby ever.... until a week on Sat-

Was at Foster derby (1st away day at ER) but was too young to properly enjoy it. So I'd prob go:

3) Obua winner. They tried to cheat. They went in front. We came up with our usual late winner. Sharing the stand was exceptional, running towards them as Obua fired the guns in celebration! "Gangsta"

2) 4-4. We where beaten. They had it wrapped up. Surely nobody could chuck that lead away....

1) Hartley 4-0 semi.

A win next Saturday, no matter how, obviously fires in as a new number 1.

Special mentions to De Vries derby, Pressley pen, Gary Glen SC, 4-1 4-0 (05/06), Stampy game.

So many to choose from!

Edit: I have picked games rather than exact moments... DOH. Still kind of works...

That's fine. See my second choice. ;)

It can be a game, a goal, a moment. Anything. :thumbsup:

Guest Prince William

The time we scored at Easter Road last season because Ian Murray couldn't jump with his man because his knees don't work

The time Ian Murray got his teeth knocked out by Kyle and ran off like a wee poof with blood dripping from his mouth

The time Ian Murray got done by Novikovas so Hearts scored yet another late winner on New Years Day

Chad Sexington

The time we scored at Easter Road last season because Ian Murray couldn't jump with his man because his knees don't work

The time Ian Murray got his teeth knocked out by Kyle and ran off like a wee poof with blood dripping from his mouth

The time Ian Murray got done by Novikovas so Hearts scored yet another late winner on New Years Day

:yas:

Chris Benoit

8 posts in and we have a winner!

Jamboneil

The phil stamp goal sparked some celebration :thumbsup:

This one is right up there for me...

Red carded for his celebration and he was still giving it BIG LICKS going down the tunnel!! :thumbsup:

Not a top three but thought I'd post in addition to the various 02/04/06 moments:

Hartleys free-kick followed by Rudi getting down on his knees bowing down at his feet!

The Old Tolbooth

2: Mercer: We want to buy you and liquidate you. We cant? Allrighty. We'll just taunt you mercilessly from the terracing and go 3 up at half time in you're own stinking midden.We'll watch you start fighting amongst yourself in impotent rage then lay off when the Police come to the changing room to ask us to play nice. :smuggy:

:rofl:

I'd actually forgotten about this! :lol:

Pants Shaton

Can you imagine what a Hibs fan's top three derby moments would include - considering you'd have to be pushing 50 to remember 0-7.

1. 6-2

2. Eh...

3. Albert Kidd

3. When we beat hibs at easter road 2007 Marius Zaliukas goal in the 81st minute

2. At tynecastle when big mark De vries got 4 and we hammerd them 5-1.

1. The semi is the all time best in 2006 Hartley Hatrick :thumbsup:

Pants Shaton

1. 02/04/06

2. The game where Andy Kirk scored the first goal

3. Foster... using his pace... a chance to win the game for Hearts

Eckauskas

So hard not to mention games that haven't already been mentioned.

3) A 2-1 win against them at Tynecastle about 2 years ago. We absolutely battered them that day and they were lucky not to be about 7 or 8 behind when they finally did score. I mind the BBC highlights lasting 5 minutes and it taking until the 4th minute to show a Hibs chance. First goals I witnessed against Hibs from Section N as well.

2) Stephen Elliots equaliser at the Nou Tramp last season was excellent. To go behind so late in the game, I thought it was over for the unbeaten run. Then Elliott scored and the placed went apeshit. Really epitomised the never-say-we're-beaten attitude we have when playing Hibs.

1) Can't not mention 02/04/06. In so many ways, it was the perfect day.

Chad Sexington

Do you know, I actually clean forgot about Mark de Vries! :o

That may have made it into my top 3.

Sometimes it's just so hard to be a Hearts fan.

dawson_crying.gif

Prince Buaben

1) Semi Final in 06

2) Zaliukas winner at ER

3) Obua scoring the winner.

:thumbsup:

Ryan Jarman

Can only comment on the games I've been old enough to attend/remember properly.

3. Burley's 'Demolition Derby' - First game at Tynie that season, there lot throwing beach balls on the pitch, Skacel scoring on his Tynie debut after being man handled by O'connor, My first sights of Brellier & Bednar, Hartley's pen (shape of things to come!), Miko not settling for 3-0. Glourious day.

2. Obua's winner. That celebration. Sharing a stand. The massive bruise I had on my shin from the seats infront for weeks after which was such a pleasant reminder of how it occured.

3. 02/04/06, those 3 fingers held aloft. Bliss. Cannot be beat...untill the 19th hopefully!

Buffalo Bill

Another three from me:

Jan 1st 1997, Hibs 0 Hearts 4.

Being in the Shed, March 1991, Hearts score three goals in ten minutes. Andy goram kept the score respectable.

2-1 win over Hibs March 2010, Hearts blitz hibs for nealry 90 minutes.

GorgieBoy81

1. 02/04/06

2. The Hobos cancelling their cup parade(were only here for the party)

3. Stampy winner(still got the seat from Easter Road at my mates. Not my seat may i add but came into my posession while leaving the ground and was promptly smuggled home)

So many classic moments. Always have a special place in my heart for the game at Tynie a few years back when Miko scored a screamer to put us 3-2 up, after Shiels had been sent off for assaulting Gordon!

Chad Sexington

**** it!

Three More. ;)

3: Pospisil inside a minute.

2: "Zibbi, Give us a wave!" :lol:

1: Miko. Boxing Day. Crash! Bang! Wallop! What a video!

34852hp2.jpg

bighusref

3. Big Team/Big Cup game

2. 02/04/06

1. Fozzie on the fence.

I know that the semi was the biggest derby since 1896, but there was just something special about Fozzie on the fence.

Guest Prince William

"Zibbi give us a wave" still has me laughing now because he actually waved back and the Hibs fans were seething at his stupidity :rofl:

TheMaganator

Mikos goal at Tynie on boxing day 2007 (I think) to secure the 3-2 was pretty special.

PsychocAndy

Mine have be mentioned but the 2 O.G's in a 2-0 win is still special.

Don Draper

So many great moments already mentioned. A few other goals against them stick in my mind: a thumping John Millar header, a screamer from Ian Ferguson (the lanky one), Husref Musemic's header...I could go on all day but I've got work to do.

All very fine and in recent times but the game after 7-0 they turned up all cocky and smartarsed we done them 4-1 .that was a day of unbridled joy. Plus Dennis Mcquade 2-1 and of course O'connor 2-1 in those days it was slightly more of a challenge, now its like taking candy from a baby.

18jamtart74

too many to say.

3.KK header in 86th minute last year

2. 3-1 game this year was brilliant overall (bar captain zals error)

1. a week on saturday;)

Near Post Zibby !

3: Fozzie: The clock is ticking. They have pounded us for most of the game. Long ball from Mackay. Great first touch. Through Bandy's legs. On the fence. Bedlam. :teehee:

5534100745_e8a87ef761_m.jpg

Guest GhostHunter

Weir coming on and scoring to make the score 4-4.

A finer GIRFUY moment you'll never find.

Rudi giving the Easter Road faithful the loser sign...quality.

And Hartley's Hatrick

Near Post Zibby !

1. Graham Weir 4-4. "This is Unbelievable"

2. Fozzy. Iconic moment

3.a) MDV 5-1. If only there had been 5 more minutes...

B) Hartley Free kick ( Watch Your Near Post Zibby !) Knew the semi was won at that point.

c) Gary Glen . From the second the pass left the foot of Karapidis you just knew the keeper would be left in noman's land

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

All the classics here but Scott Wilsons derby legends half-time bonanza a few months back was a thing of beauty.

Never seen a man single handedly destroy an entire club like it.

:shitwine:

I will always enjoy watching Andy McNeil making an absolute arse of a basic catch and watching Andy Driver thumping into an empty net.

And Zemamma's free kick...

3) Ally Mauchlin stamping on Darren Jackson's chest

2) Gary McKay stamping on Gareth Evans' throat

1) Neil Berry putting Paul Wright into orbit.

ollie2004

Surprised that there is not a Wee Robbo goal so far - how many did he get 27! Surely there must be a special one, what about his 93rd minute equaliser at Fester Road - the "it's not over til the fat striker scores" one.

bighusref

This man kens. He just kens.thumbsup.gif

Smoked-Glass

being in robbos bar when mixu chipped a last min penalty over the bar with the game being 0-0.

lots of tension released in that moment as i was gutted we were going to lose after goalless 90 mins.

:shitwine:

The most appropriate use of the KK smilie ever.

Add to that KK busting Murray's lip and Brellier snapping Scott Brown's leg like a twig.

:jjyay:

KK busting Murray's lip and Brellier snapping Scott Brown's leg like a twig.

4 & 5 on the list

:whyyoulittle:

Uncle Buck

1. Hartley's hatrick

2. De Vries scoring 4

3. KK's winner

But I then there's Stamp's winner, Obua's winner, Elliott's equaliser, Graham Rix's 4-1, George Burley's 4-0 and many more. Let's hope the 19th passes the lot ;)

PsychocAndy

Surprised that there is not a Wee Robbo goal so far - how many did he get 27! Surely there must be a special one, what about his 93rd minute equaliser at Fester Road - the "it's not over til the fat striker scores" one.

The Wee Fella was playing for his Boys Club the day after ICT beat us 0-2 at Tynie, Robbo managing them, and another Dad was asking about the goals. I said tbh they were typical Robbo goals. His face nearly crumpled as he said he'd only seen Robbo score 27 times and could I put more detail into typical.

Cheered me up that did.

Sergio Garcia

Very tough to narrow it down to 3 moments but here goes

3) New Year's Day Kevin Kyle goal. We hammered them for the entire game and couldn't get the break through.The Wee team were starting to believe they would get a point out the game when Novi completely embarrasses Murray before whipping in the cross for big KK to get the head on and seal the 3 points. Cue bedlam in the stands, Happy New Year.

2) Graeme Weir's equaliser in the 4-4 derby. Being 4-2 in injury time we were dead and buried, or so they thought. That must have hurt them more than a heavy defeat. That along with countless other late equalisers/winners will play on their fan's mind for every derby, they know it's never over until the whistle.

1) Sir Paul Hartley's freekick on 02/04/06. As someone has said earlier in the thread, that was the moment a victory began to turn into a humiliation, our players knew we had one foot in the final after that their players and fans knew they were dead and buried and lost the head soon after. The biggest derby in modern day history (until Saturday) and we utterly destroyed them and it was this moment that started the humiliation.

I've tried to pick actual moments instead of games but those are my three. So many to choose from thumbsup.gif

menstrie1874

The phil stamp goal sparked some celebration :thumbsup:

ask and ye will see :thumbsup:

Southport_Jambo

So many classic moments. Always have a special place in my heart for the game at Tynie a few years back when Miko scored a screamer to put us 3-2 up, after Shiels had been sent off for assaulting Gordon!

That was an absolute beauty of a goal in the Gorgie road end!

That was an absolute beauty of a goal in the Gorgie road end!

another brilliant moment from the miko 3-2 game was big janny's goal, hartley hits a free kick that is going wide zibby wides and manages to parry it back from beyond his post along the goal line for janny to tap it in. i couldnt celebrate from laughing so much

Archived