Cramp

Jeremy

Got really bad cramp on wednesday (always get it 5 minutes before the end these days). Anyway got a game today too and legs still hurt, anybody got any tips on how to help it and prevent it in the future.

Thanks muchly :)

Take a salt tablet.

Eat bananas, the potassium in them helps

Cheers. Hate bananas but could choke one down.

Got another game today. Is there any point rapping them up? My legs not the bananas:p

Fruit juice with a pinch of salt well mixed ... wala isotonic drink. Minging but works..

Cramp is caused by lactic acid build up from exercise the salt helps break it down... if mempory serves... learnt about it 10 yrs ago.

I used to suffer chronic leg cramps,two thing that will definately work,tonic water which has quinine in it,but by far the best is magnesium tablets,get them in any health shop possibly even morrisons.

Say What Again

I had the weirdest cramp last week.

It started in the top of my foot and spread towards my big toe, which automatically started to curl up the way to combat the pain. It then kicked into my calf - which needed my leg to stretch out straight, toes pointing down, to combat it.

Obviously I could only curl my toes one way or the other so I basically just had to stand up (I had been in bed at the time) and take the pain (what a hero!). That's when it got even worse. I started to fell sick, then light headed. The other half said I went chalk white. I hobbled through to the bathroom as I did think I was going to spew. Eventually the feeling past and the cramp eased and I sat on the edge of the bath for a few minutes until I felt normal again.

I lived to tell the tale but it was bizarre.

About a month ago I woke up in the middle of the night in the worst pain imaginable (and I'm a really heavy sleeper). The muscles in my left leg were so knotted, I genuinely thought I'd broken it! :(

About a month ago I woke up in the middle of the night in the worst pain imaginable (and I'm a really heavy sleeper). The muscles in my left leg were so knotted, I genuinely thought I'd broken it! :(

Night after a long haul flight I once woke up (and that is putting the shock of it mildly) with cramp in both legs. Not nice.:mad:

I had the weirdest cramp last week.

It started in the top of my foot and spread towards my big toe, which automatically started to curl up the way to combat the pain. It then kicked into my calf - which needed my leg to stretch out straight, toes pointing down, to combat it.

Obviously I could only curl my toes one way or the other so I basically just had to stand up (I had been in bed at the time) and take the pain (what a hero!). That's when it got even worse. I started to fell sick, then light headed. The other half said I went chalk white. I hobbled through to the bathroom as I did think I was going to spew. Eventually the feeling past and the cramp eased and I sat on the edge of the bath for a few minutes until I felt normal again.

I lived to tell the tale but it was bizarre.

What were you doing at the time?!

MackaysCentreSpot

I too have suffered this in the night mate.

What gets me and I do not know if you had the same is it is painfull for the whole day and you can actually find yourself hobbling about for most of the morning.

A very sore thing indeed.

Jimmy McNulty

A buddy emailed me yesterday asking if I had ever had a back spasm in the middle of taking a dump....

he said it was a "weird" experience.

Yep, waking up with cramp in you legs and the inhability to do anything about it is a nightmare!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I used to get cramps in my sleep all the time. I'd wake up and literally leap out of my bed in agony.

I'm glad thats not happened for a few years now.

Its bloody painful.

The worst is getting cramp at the match.

You just pray that there is a chance/goal/sub asap so you can stand up to stretch your leg.

Got hamstring cramp one night when staying over at the gf's place. Ended up shouting insults in the general direction of heaven but only after I headbutted her full in the coupon as she was resting her head on my chest! Hate the feeling of hamstring cramp... feels like somebody has taken your muscle and scrunched it up into a tiny ball. Hate the limping about the next day like a queer also. So basically... cramp = gay.

Ray Winstone

I once took terrible cramp after playing 2 rounds of golf in the same day.

Was sitting in the dormy house at Gleneagles having something to eat afterwards and it shot right up my leg.

Had to practically crawl to the bathroom and sit on the floor with my leg stretched out for 10 minutes!

One of the guys I was with was a doctor and recomended salt tablets.

The Old Tolbooth
Fruit juice with a pinch of salt well mixed ... wala isotonic drink. Minging but works..

Cramp is caused by lactic acid build up from exercise the salt helps break it down... if mempory serves... learnt about it 10 yrs ago.

So thats why I dont get cramp these days then :confused:

Archived