Anyone watching The Apprentice?

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

I?ve been quite taken by it, though this is only the first season I?ve tuned in.

Very entertaining, most of them would stab you in the front, but it makes for good TV.

0843_152638_Apprentice08_JenniferCelerier.jpg

Buffalo Bill

One of the VERY few shows that is actually worth watching on telly these days.

Cringe-worthy, hilarious, teeth-sucking, slapstick, pantomime telly at its best.

They're all crap this year, BTW.

Unless next year's crop are of a much higher calibre, we could be in the midst of a dying format.

Ive watched the past 3 series which were quality. This one has lost its edge for me, none of the candidates seem up to much and are more interested in covering their own backs and setting someone else up for a fall than before. I never normally disagree with Sir Allan but have disagreed twice this year so far with who should have been fired. Last night for example No way should Simon have been fired, the guy has masses of potential and more integrity than the rest of them in his little finger.

**** I think I am taking this too seriously.

Doctor FinnBarr
I?ve been quite taken by it, though this is only the first season I?ve tuned in.

Very entertaining, most of them would stab you in the front, but it makes for good TV.

Buffalo Bill

NO,NO and more NO!

:evil:

Drew Busby !

Buffalo Bill

Didn't realise that Bruce Forsyth had got himself a new hairpiece.

Trying to make "teams" out of self-absorbed out-for-themselves individuals makes for compelling TV but has virtually SFA to do with any real-wold business ability.

What I find sad and hilarious in equal measure is continually hearing all the business-speak thats passed for communication in companies the last 20 years or so. It began in the US with the Harvard business school/MBA mentality, and it's been parroted and regurgitated in the US and the UK by charlatans and imposters who "talk the talk but can't walk the walk".

And my sincere apologies for regurgitating that. :laugh:

Little_051031092813208_wideweb__300x375.jpg

seperated at birth with

kevin-shaw-md.jpg

I think the stick Lucinda is getting is virtually bullying, don't really like her but feel sorry for the abuse she is getting firstly off the ugly bird that looks like Bruce Forsyth and also the girl that was the team leader the other night.

Sexton Hardcastle

Haha not bad VaVaVoom. When it first started i totaly hated the tall Posh/Educated asian bloke. He did ma tits in with the guy that left on the first episode. But watching him and how he acts is just comical

yvonnejambo

I love the Apprentice its the only programme on TV that I must watch. I have just sorted my work that I am home by 9pm on a Wed :). I agree this lot aren't of the standard of past candidates, but their desperation comes flowing through which is quite enjoyable to watch. Quite like Alex even though he is like a huffy kid he is pleasing on the eye. Also agree Simon shouldnt have went (well not yet).

Walter Payton

Buffalo Bill

Got it setup on the Sky+. Watching them all makes me cringe, but it's compulsive viewing!

One of these programmes that really makes you think what you'd do in the same situation.Looking on, it seems obvious that if any of them realised the best way to impress is to work for the benefit of the team or that sometimes the best model of leadership is "servant" leadership rather than pomposity, they'd be a force to be reckoned with in that competition- wonder how many times though I've been in situations where an onlooker would cringe at the way I've dealt with something and a better "more obvious" way of dealing with it would be apparent.

It could well be that the best test of their "leadership" skills won't be in how they take up the mantle of "team leader", but whether they can break the culture of backstabbing and self-promotion long enough to do what's actually best for their team.

Buffalo Bill

I'm not in a position to compare with previous series but this lot are hilarious. Did you see the look Jenny gave Alex in the boardroom when she sensed Clare was being framed? It was a stunning moment.

Raef is sheer quality, just because he is so comical.

'You're Fired' is good too.

Sorry folks, but Simon is a nice guy but no more than a good deck-hand.

Loving it.

Buffalo Bill

jamboinglasgow
kevin-shaw-md.jpg

I think the stick Lucinda is getting is virtually bullying, don't really like her but feel sorry for the abuse she is getting firstly off the ugly bird that looks like Bruce Forsyth and also the girl that was the team leader the other night.

He annoys me, I was hoping he would get voted off. He is just so arragont and annoying.

The team boss of Lucinda yesterday was just cruel. She puts her in charge of something very technical, then claims in the board room that the reason Lucinda didn't do well is cos she is lazy. I was so wanting that team to lose so that the team leader could be fired.

Claire was just nasty as well. She was wanting Simon to be fired at the begining of the program and never gave him a chance. I hope she fails next week as she would never let anyone do anything.

Felt sorry for Simon. He was prepared to take reponsabilty and gave his all and everyone else was either trying to hang him or not giving him any responasbilty.

I was speaking to my boss during the summer about this program and he said that he would employ most of people in the program as they are more aiming to get the job by stabbing people in the back, tearing anyone who has a chance fail the task. He would employ the ones who work as a team.

I'm not in a position to compare with previous series but this lot are hilarious. Did you see the look Jenny gave Alex in the boardroom when she sensed Clare was being framed? It was a stunning moment.

Loving it.

Buffalo Bill

He is comedy gold that boy! Talking of look-a-likes I think he's a bit like Freddie Mercury, not the Live Aid Freddie, more like the Freddie from the final few videos when he was on his way oot, so to speak...:confused:

When it first started i totaly hated the tall Posh/Educated asian bloke.

I still do. :mad:

It's great, cringe inducing, tv. They all think they're the dog's dangly bits but in reality they're yuppie wannabes with no scruples or self respect who are willing to become a public laughing stock for the chance of securing a six figure salary. :sad:

Drew Busby !
He annoys me, I was hoping he would get voted off. He is just so arragont and annoying.

The team boss of Lucinda yesterday was just cruel. She puts her in charge of something very technical, then claims in the board room that the reason Lucinda didn't do well is cos she is lazy. I was so wanting that team to lose so that the team leader could be fired.

Claire was just nasty as well. She was wanting Simon to be fired at the begining of the program and never gave him a chance. I hope she fails next week as she would never let anyone do anything.

Felt sorry for Simon. He was prepared to take reponsabilty and gave his all and everyone else was either trying to hang him or not giving him any responasbilty.

I was speaking to my boss during the summer about this program and he said that he would employ most of people in the program as they are more aiming to get the job by stabbing people in the back, tearing anyone who has a chance fail the task. He would employ the ones who work as a team.

To be (ahem) "fair" to Lucinda, she did point out in advance that she'd be useless at it.

On the other hand she got training and that was the time to say "I don't understand, show me again" ... until she got it right. Copying files from a digicam/memory stick, burning CD's etc is NOT a difficult thing but she did seem to manage to be spectacularly inept at it. All you could hear from the laptop was "beep...beep...beep..."

She's a moany faced whiner.

The best series ive watched was last months USA Celeb Apprentice :)

Absolutely brilliant entertainment , Piers Morgan, Lennox Lewis, Pussy from Sopranos, Gene Simmons, Steven Baldwin and others.

The back stabbing and infighting in this series was just unreal mostly down to Piers Morgan being a t**t of the highest order but fantastic entertainment.

For you guys that download stuff get it now search for US apprentice series 7

or apprentice s07e01 etc

You will love it they make the UK show look tame in comparison, these guys are professional bitches :eek:

Nelly Terraces

Loving it.

Buffalo Bill

I know that geezer BB. He's a mate of my ex Mrs (the cockney), from going to watch West Ham. Nice fella, but agree, he won't win, Big Al wants a leader not someone who will walk over hot coals only. Simons nickname is 'Skerrit', dunno why, and according to the ex Mrs NT the West Ham tie he wears nearly all the time was a gift from Alan Pardew when he was the boss at Upton Park.

Best series out the lot as there's no real lead candidates. Big Al rules.

'You're Fired'!! Wish we could get our 1st team squad on this show, love to see Big Al ripping those ****s apart.

Cheers.

NT.

edit - aaaargh, didn't see the last show the other night and tried not to see who'd been voted off, but just clocked it. Will watch tonight, but gutted I know SS got the chop.

Drew Busby !

I'm genuinely surprised that these punters keep their temper as well as they do given the backstabbing and sheer treachery that goes on..

If I'd been Simon, I would have had Alex against the wall crushing his windpipe to the width of a straw ... then applied a nose-bursting, blood-splattering punch to Claire.

Then walked out the board room, head held high and telling Sugar "No need to sack me fungus-face, I fecking quit !"

Guess I'm not cut out for The Apprentice :rolleyes:

Buffalo Bill

Then walked out the board room, head held high and telling Sugar "No need to sack me fungus-face, I fecking quit !"

Guess I'm not cut out for The Apprentice :rolleyes:

True.

But there room for you on the Hearts board. :confused:

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
I know that geezer BB. He's a mate of my ex Mrs (the cockney), from going to watch West Ham. Nice fella, but agree, he won't win, Big Al wants a leader not someone who will walk over hot coals only. Simons nickname is 'Skerrit', dunno why, and according to the ex Mrs NT the West Ham tie he wears nearly all the time was a gift from Alan Pardew when he was the boss at Upton Park.

Best series out the lot as there's no real lead candidates. Big Al rules.

'You're Fired'!! Wish we could get our 1st team squad on this show, love to see Big Al ripping those ****s apart.

Cheers.

NT.

edit - aaaargh, didn't see the last show the other night and tried not to see who'd been voted off, but just clocked it. Will watch tonight, but gutted I know SS got the chop.

Seems like a really good bloke, but part of the 'game' is survive the boardroom I guess.

As SAS said, "If I'd asked you to build me a wall, you'd have built me a wall".

Buffalo Bill

Chad Sexington

I love it.

Best show on the box.

What's not to love about a shower of deluded, arrogant yuppies being ritually humiliated on a weekly basis?

Like BB, this is the first series i've watched. I'm loving it aswell actually.

Couldn't believe he kept that bint on after she totally undermined Simon from the word go. It's not the first time either, as she done the same the week before with Sara, greetin' about the fact it was a Bollywood night (Which ended up being a success, and winning the task) and wanting it to be a "Traditional, Engerlish theme".

Sir Alan's quote the other night "I have to go go, 'cause i've got lunch with the Primeminister". He's quality.

Chad Sexington

One of the things I've noticed about this series is that they don't even attempt to look like they are team players.

A lot of them seem to have the strategy that as long as they can make some other bozo look worse than themselves, regardless of whether they win or lose the task, that will keep them safe.

That was how poor Simon got royally stitched up by his "team" the other night.

Bordeaux 03

Nobody will ever compare to Syed he is a legend. The whole chicken for every pizza episode was a classic, just about as bad as a ?5 lobster.

syed120806_228x269.jpg

Archived