Ticket Office Staff at Tynecastle

Ray Winstone

Ray Winstone

The guys involved in the ticket office must have been through hell and back in the last few weeks and it's only set to get worse come tomorrow and in the following few days leading up to the final.

I for one would like to offer some much warranted praise for the staff involved - it must be one of the most thankless tasks in the country.

Having to deal with people who are holding them responsible for following club policy and club instructions without resorting to violence or at least having a mental breakdown is easy task. I find it hard enough to read some of the guff that has been posted up here about the club and the staff regarding cup final ticket policy.

I sincerely hope the club do something to recognise the effort and the work they have and continue to put in making sure that all enquiries are dealt with and ticket purchases processed and sent out.

Well done chaps - keep up the good work.

:thumbsup:

Agreed - as long as I obtain my brief tomorrow morning , which I'm sure I will :verysmug:

The guys involved in the ticket office must have been through hell and back in the last few weeks and it's only set to get worse come tomorrow and in the following few days leading up to the final.

I for one would like to offer some much warranted praise for the staff involved - it must be one of the most thankless tasks in the country.

Having to deal with people who are holding them responsible for following club policy and club instructions without resorting to violence or at least having a mental breakdown is easy task. I find it hard enough to read some of the guff that has been posted up here about the club and the staff regarding cup final ticket policy.

I sincerely hope the club do something to recognise the effort and the work they have and continue to put in making sure that all enquiries are dealt with and ticket purchases processed and sent out.

Spot on.

They had similiar for the Spurs game, i for one appreciated their efforts and handed in a variety of boxes of chocs /sweets . B)

They had similiar for the Spurs game, i for one appreciated their efforts and handed in a variety of boxes of chocs /sweets . B)

You just wanted your hole.

super_vlad

Never had a problem with them in my life, I've seen some right complete roasters shouting & screaming at them for ******* ridculous things in the past!

The amount of folk thru the doors the last week has being unheard of and they have some how much to control it the best they can.

Keep up the good job guys!

1874robbo

They do an excellent job for let's be honest not a massive wage.

The way you hear some people speaking to them is ridiculous, people need to remember it's not the ticket office staff who make the rules! They're just the ones on the front line who have to face the shit!!!!

The club have recognised all their hard work and efforts by giving each member of staff 2 cup final tickets even though they all have under 20 loyalty points. :whistle:

The club have recognised all their hard work and efforts by giving each member of staff 2 cup final tickets even though they all have under 20 loyalty points. :whistle:

Believe me, 2 tickets for the final is the least these guys deserve. I worked in the TO for years, during this time we won the cup in 98, it was a manic time, and we were never appreciated. Take it from me, we got paid sweeties!!

Keep up the good work peeps :thumbsup:

Ray Winstone

This must be about 100x the cluster **** that the Spurs game was for them.

I honestly wouldn't wish that job on my worst enemy at the moment.

Adi Dassler

They do an excellent job for let's be honest not a massive wage.

The way you hear some people speaking to them is ridiculous, people need to remember it's not the ticket office staff who make the rules! They're just the ones on the front line who have to face the shit!!!!

I agree to an extent.

But then at the same time very rarely do you go into the TO and there is not some sort of problem. The staff constantly have faces like slapped arses, the majority of them are less than helpful, somebody can tell you one thing and at the next window you can hear a completely different answer.

I appreciate it is a thankless task and obviously you get idiots who are out of order but i can understand the frustrations.

As a customer experience i would rate it 3 out of 10.

Yep. Anyone abusing the folk who work there needs to get a grip of themself. In fact they probably do regularly.

Roy Croppers Handbag

Apart from them posting out my cup final tickets when I requested to collect they have been brilliant, panic over though as they arrived yesterday.

Well done TO staff on a sterling job.

Between the Spurs game at the start of the season, the season ticket fiasco just a few short weeks ago and now the cup final issues the ticket staff have done superbly this season.

Well done.

I agree to an extent.

But then at the same time very rarely do you go into the TO and there is not some sort of problem. The staff constantly have faces like slapped arses, the majority of them are less than helpful, somebody can tell you one thing and at the next window you can hear a completely different answer.

I appreciate it is a thankless task and obviously you get idiots who are out of order but i can understand the frustrations.

I think they do a great job and are always pleasant. Given they have to deal with some of the folk on here, that is pretty impressive.

Adi Dassler

I think they do a great job and are always pleasant. Given they have to deal with some of the folk on here, that is pretty impressive.

Glad your experience of the TO have been better than mine.

Ray Winstone

I agree to an extent.

I can honestly say I have NEVER had an issue when dealing with the ticket office.

As for 'faces like slapped arses' I can't imagine that I would be firing rainbows out of my erse if I had to deal with what they do.

mahgrassyshoes

I've never had any problems with the ticket office staff, they've always been fantastic with me. I'll tip my cap to them for their hard work this season.

mahgrassyshoes

I agree to an extent.

A fair number of our support must get really confused trying to work out whether or not they're looking at a mirror.

Vlad-Stupid

I emailed the club twice recently and had a response within minutes both times. They told me to give them a bell and quickly sorted out my ST and LP queries. Must have been quite refreshing for them to receive a polite and well constructed email so maybe I got special treatment. Hate to think of some of mail they get. Crayon scrawled pieces of bog roll and letters written in blood I'd imagine. No doubt some posters on here write their messages in faeces on their bedroom wall, take a picture and email it in.

Chad Sexington

Never had a scrap of bother with the hard working ticket office staff.

How they put up with some of the angry mouth breathers in our support I'll never know. :vrface:

portobellojambo1

The TO staff have become an easy option for people to blame for loyalty points totals, for whatever reason is given. It doesn't matter what the reasons are, if people have to work Saturdays and have insufficient loyalty points, it becomes the TO staff's fault, live too far away from Edinburgh to travel to all home games/justify a ST, TO staff's fault, HMFC playing shit being given as a reason for not going to watch them, TO staff's fault, people buying tickets for me and not asking me for my CRN/I've never set up a CRN but have added my points to a relative/friends CRN, TO staff's fault

The TO staff have become the dumping ground for all sorts of excuses/reasons, when what people have to do is sit down and examine the decisions/actions they have made in life which finds them in the situation they now find themselves in.

And now to top it all off the TO staff are being held responsible for the change in loyalty points for phase 2 of sales for the one match that all these people seem to be able to get Saturday off/could get to easily without any problems, and one has to ask how or why this one Saturday is easier than any other weekend during a full season.

The TO staff do a very good job, while dealing with some shit angry people whose anger should really be directed at themselves. Any problems these people now have in getting a ticket is down to themselves, not down to the TO.

CammyBell

The TO staff have become an easy option for people to blame for loyalty points totals, for whatever reason is given. It doesn't matter what the reasons are, if people have to work Saturdays and have insufficient loyalty points, it becomes the TO staff's fault, live too far away from Edinburgh to travel to all home games/justify a ST, TO staff's fault, HMFC playing shit being given as a reason for not going to watch them, TO staff's fault, people buying tickets for me and not asking me for my CRN/I've never set up a CRN but have added my points to a relative/friends CRN, TO staff's fault

The TO staff have become the dumping ground for all sorts of excuses/reasons, when what people have to do is sit down and examine the decisions/actions they have made in life which finds them in the situation they now find themselves in.

And now to top it all off the TO staff are being held responsible for the change in loyalty points for phase 2 of sales for the one match that all these people seem to be able to get Saturday off/could get to easily without any problems, and one has to ask how or why this one Saturday is easier than any other weekend during a full season.

The TO staff do a very good job, while dealing with some shit angry people whose anger should really be directed at themselves. Any problems these people now have in getting a ticket is down to themselves, not down to the TO.

The TO staff seems to be sounding more and more tired on the phone every time I get through. Soldier on for the next couple of days and they deserve a massive pat on the back on what has probably been the busiest any Hearts Ticket Centre has ever been. :thumbsup:

Another post added to the "Great folk who have to deal with the absolute dregs of humanity's last skitter" pile here.

Chris Benoit

Always been friendly and polite when I've dealt with them, more than likely because I'm the same in return.

Boab Mugabe

They're an easy target for the simpletons in our support and they don't have an easy task. Saying that, they posted my tickets out when I had requested collecting them. They did arrive thankfully but it was a nervy morning.

Coupled with the events of yesterday evening one can only deduce the TO are WUMs themselves.

:jjyay:

Hungry Heart

I used to work in retail for a decade, having to deal with customers at various service points. It's ridiculous the absolute rudeness, distain and incomprehensible lack of common sense that you have to put up with on a daily basis.

I queued to get my tickets for an hour and a half last week, my time at the point of sale was little over two minutes. I think the boy behind the till appreciated my not fannying about. Buying tickets should be a simple process, it's not the TO staff that are making it not-so-simple, it's the numpties taking 10-15 minutes to buy cup final tickets. Ridiculous.

Well done to the OP, it's good to see great effort acknowledged. And for those who think they are in a society in which you get something for nothing and have the right to abuse people that for some unfathomable reason you deem 'beneath' you, well, you can swivel...

18Jambo_dave74

Feel sorry for the staff as they are not responsible for making the decisions yet they get the brunt of it from the fans. Never had any problems with them when I've been in either.

Between the dynamic pricing nonsense and the late change of loyalty points threshold for the final they must have had to put up with some abuse.

The bursd with the dark hair.

:pinilla:

:spoton:

Sergio Garcia

Every email, phone call and face to face discussion I have had with the TO has always been pleasant and well mannered. Treat them with respect and they will give you the same courteous

amadjambo

What must be frustrating is the constant communication from Hearts about using etickets and telephone being ignored by 000's thus putting the staff under tremendous strain and pressure.

The guys and girls in the TO have always done a fantastic job and I have numerous examples where they have delivered truly outstanding service to myself over the years.

Again, tomorrow will have people queuing for hours and hours to get a ticket while the savvy will simply log on, click a few buttons, and have it all done in minutes. If you don't want them posted out you can select to collect at the TO instead. Easy peasy!

RealMaroonCF

Agreed

The TO staff have a hard job and a pretty unenviable one in the current circumstances.

Like all things someone has to front up to all the complaints and unfortunately its these guys this time. If everyone who moaned gave the TO staff member they were maoning at a quid before they complained, they'd be better paid than the players.

They prob all need a long lie after may 19th.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

Totally agree. one particular guy is great. Mark I think his name is

Mark :pray:

He's the real hero of Tynecastle for me.

18Jambo_dave74

Is that the boy that looks a cross between Shota Arveladze and Mr Bean?

Top man :thumbsup:

Brilliant description ! and a good wee guy :thumbsup:

Hungry Heart

Brilliant description ! and a good wee guy :thumbsup:

That's the guy that served me, very efficient. Seemed to be helping all the others out too. Think he's been there for years as I distinctly remember him helping me out quite a bit a while ago too. Top man.

joe.gausden

Is it not Martin?

Adi Dassler

:lol:

Credit where it is due, he is a pleasure to deal with and you know when he tells you something it's 100% correct.

Think his name is actually Martin

Victorian

It's inevitable that some utter disaster zone roasters will give the hard working ticket office staff a hard time for things outwith their control. There's no getting away from it that some will take out their frustrations at being total inadequates on them.

Chin up folks, the seethers will soon Feck right off again when there's no cup final tickets up for grabs.

Tommy Wiseau

Boy reeking of bevvy was moaning at them the other day, because they couldn't open a dedicated window for him him to pick up his season ticket and he had to wait in a (very short) queue like everyone else :cornette:

I imagine this kind of behaviour is the least of the TO staff's worries on an average day, as well :vrface:

Always been perfectly pleasant to me - but then, I don't slaver when I talk, know words like "hello" and "thanks" or raise my voice at people over insignificant nonsense, so...

Have had nothing but good service from the TO over the years.

I think that they have become more helpful in the past couple of years too. :thumb:

Francis Albert

Never had any problem with The TO - on the contrary always found them helpful.

peter snr

This x 100

woman from the ticket office snapped at me cause i hadnt put down accommodation on the form for Bordeaux other than that never had an issue with them

This x 100

Agreed,well apart from the wee guy with the receding hair that wears the tracksuit and gets sent to the shops all the time :lol:

Agreed,well apart from the wee guy with the receding hair that wears the tracksuit and gets sent to the shops all the time :lol:

Well done to the "old guy in the tracksuit" who got the rolls & coffees this morning for the front of queue... :thumbsup:

PS Stu...when you picking up your bus tickets mate?

Archived