Underdog or favourite?

david mcgee

david mcgee

Like it or not, i reckon we will be 1-2 favourites for the cup final.

I relax much more when we are underdogs, when expectations are that you will get pumped it somehow seems less nerve racking.

I had no nerves heading to Hampden for the semi against Celtic because i held out little hope, this made the day even more special.

This year appears the year of the underdog, Killie beat the tic in the league cup, we beat them in the semi, Chelsea beat Barcelona, Real Madrid lost out to Bayern and a 33/1 shot won the Grand National.

All this means is that its about time a favourite guyed in, and im sure it will be us.

Disnt stop me keeking maself!

Hearts are currently 6/5 with the sponsors of the cup. The draw is 11/5 and they are 12/5.

6/5 is a licence to print money.

Rick Grimes

Hearts are currently 6/5 with the sponsors of the cup. The draw is 11/5 and they are 12/5.

Careful, I lost ?700 on the Gretna final with thinking like that. We're gonna win sure, but be wary of the fact it may take extra time.

david mcgee

I reckoned 1/2 to win it outright, but may be even shorter, have you seen these prices quoted?

Its good to be the favorites because they almost always win..

Its good to be the underdogs because you have already mentally prepared yourself for defeat so a win is magical..

I enjoy being the underdog but in this case its better to be the favourite because that means we have the better team and should win..

let's be honest, 8 times out of 10 we're favourites to beat Hibs anyway! Nothing has changed for us. The pressure is on them to finally break their hoodoo!

btw what are the odds on Rudi for first goalscorer? I hardly ever bet on footie but I did put money on Rudi against Gretna. Think he was 14-1 :)

Archived