Toffs.com

Johnny D

Just been on their site to order my cup final clobber, and what's this week's best selling shirt?

2466fullimage.jpg

and number 3

2093fullimage.jpg

...a bit disco

Even Charlton 73-74 is outselling the hobos.

:D

Spot on. For goodness sake surely the club should prosper?

Didn't realise they sold retro tops

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Why go to Toffs,why not buy from your own club.

http://www.heartsdirect.co.uk/Mens-Fashion-Retro-Shirts/

I had one of these in the early 70s, only with long sleeves. It's just possible that I wore it to the 1976 final. (Which is the main reason I wont be buying one and wearing it this time, assuming I get there). :lol:

Did they not have a badge on the shirt in them days.?

Nerd time.

The badge was introduced in the umbro strip in 1977, our first season outwith the top division; a fab design, it had umbro diamonds down each sleeve and and an umbro diamond on the front as well as the badge. In those days the second choice strip was an exact reversal of the first - white top and socks and maroon shorts and was worn at home when colours clashed. I've still got a replica white top and everything about it is quality.

The toffs shirt is well off the mark. The club shop currently sells a genuine replica of the 74-75 strip; thick cotton, the same neck detail as the toffs design and no badge.

WorldChampions1902

Did they not have a badge on the shirt in them days.?

IIRC no, they didn't have a badge on that shirt. Having said that though, it looks better with one, don't you think?

Not sure you'd want to be buying a retro shirt from the 70's folks, not exactly a successful decade for us was it? Better of with a 50's shirt......

That truly is hideous.

Or as the hibbies would say.

I have Bukta cup final seat but I am not going.

There will be empty spaces again at the wee team end.

Unless we buy them up.

Not sure you'd want to be buying a retro shirt from the 70's folks, not exactly a successful decade for us was it? Better of with a 50's shirt......

Even if you really think that is a valid reason for not buying from the club shop at this time instead of elsewhere then I find that sad. We should be helping the club if we can as it helps the arguement we don't need Rangers.

Even if you really think that is a valid reason for not buying from the club shop at this time instead of elsewhere then I find that sad. We should be helping the club if we can as it helps the arguement we don't need Rangers.

Call me superstitious bud. You can still spend dosh in the Hearts shop without buying a 70's retro top surely?

Bought the 50's shirt from there in 2006 & wore it to the Gretna cup final.

As did I. In terms of quality, it's a fantastic bit of kit.

Archived