Tosh McKinlay

Disser Pointon

Disser Pointon

Small world, he was on the same flight back from Orlando as us at the weekend. Always liked him the stereotypical "honest pro".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Had a great couple of years bombing down the left flank. Joined his boyhood heros. Have no issues with that.

Johanes de Silentio

I always liked him as well.

Until he shat on us for the hooped demons, that is.

When did he dae that?

winningways

Had a great couple of years bombing down the left flank. Joined his boyhood heros. Have no issues with that.

Really liked Tosh as a player and served us well in his time at Tynie.

Was younger watching Tosh, I remember him being quick down the wings and could deliver a good ball as well.

great player for us and always came over to fans after derbies at easter road and celebrated and stuck it up them

skinnybob72

Tosh was one of these players who after being a really good player for both Dundee and Hearts moved to one of the OF and immediately became International Class and was capped many times for Scotland.

I liked Tosh McKinlay, and was gutted when he left.

Also annoying was that Andy Roxburgh only noticed him when he left.

Him and frail as our full backs. We haven't had 2 good attacking full backs in the team atthe same time since IMO. Good attacking full backs make a massive difference to a team.

Tosh was one of these players who after being a really good player for both Dundee and Hearts moved to one of the OF and immediately became International Class and was capped many times for Scotland.

He was interviewed at the time, and was asked how he was only now good enough to play for Scotland.

He replied that he had played just as well with Hearts, but was now at the right end of the M8 for Scotland caps.

(or words to that effect)

Always respected him for having both the honesty, and the balls, to actually come out and say that.

Glamorgan Jambo

I've never particularly liked Tosh since Dens in '86 where I was standing just behind the benches and Tosh (who was either a sub or had been subbed) decided to give an extended rendition of GIRUY's to the Hearts support after Kidd's 2nd goal. fairly sure Colin Hendry was part of that too.

Mind you I do tend to harbour grudges for a long time....

Auld Reekin'

great player for us and always came over to fans after derbies at easter road and celebrated and stuck it up them

:oohmatron:

Him and frail as our full backs. We haven't had 2 good attacking full backs in the team atthe same time since IMO. Good attacking full backs make a massive difference to a team.

This was one of my formative experiences as a football fan. I have always loved atacking full backs since. It primed me for Roberto Carlos.

PsychocAndy

I've never particularly liked Tosh since Dens in '86 where I was standing just behind the benches and Tosh (who was either a sub or had been subbed) decided to give an extended rendition of GIRUY's to the Hearts support after Kidd's 2nd goal. fairly sure Colin Hendry was part of that too.

Mind you I do tend to harbour grudges for a long time....

OMG a Celtic fan, playing for Dundee, helping his boyhood heroes win, no problems with that, that's fitba'. St Mirren player though that is cheating, major problems with that shower.

OMG a Celtic fan, playing for Dundee, helping his boyhood heroes win, no problems with that, that's fitba'. St Mirren player though that is cheating, major problems with that shower.

This, this x 1000 :thumb:

I never had a problem with Dundee trying to win a game (that could have got them into Europe) but I had (and still have) a massive problem with St Mirren, and how they lost. :mad:

Felix Lighter

Listening to Real Radio tonight in the car,Tosh was a guest discussing the final etc, he mentioned the 22 in a row,said hibs were so bad even he managed to score against them. :D

Everyone laughed, except Roughie. :lol:

He was interviewed at the time, and was asked how he was only now good enough to play for Scotland.

He replied that he had played just as well with Hearts, but was now at the right end of the M8 for Scotland caps.

(or words to that effect)

Always respected him for having both the honesty, and the balls, to actually come out and say that.

I remember that too!

Good player and I loved watching him bombing down the left side.

Fermit the Krog

I never had a problem with Dundee trying to win a game (that could have got them into Europe)

Is this true?

I've just had a look at the final league placings and Dundee finished in 6th position despite obviously winning their last game of the season?

I agree with your point though, all Dundee were guilty of was attempting to win a game of football.

St Mirren on the other hand :mad:

Denny Crane

Is this true?

I've just had a look at the final league placings and Dundee finished in 6th position despite obviously winning their last game of the season?

I agree with your point though, all Dundee were guilty of was attempting to win a game of football.

St Mirren on the other hand :mad:

Dundee had to win and hope that Rangers slipped up to Motherwell. Rangers didn't but given that this was their worst team in a long while, it was feasible for Dundee to think that they could.

great player for us and, whilst he's never hidden the fact that he's a jungle jim, has never spoken down about us. good guy.

Archived