Council Tax & Moving home

N User

Right i'm moving house next friday and so I've phoned chesser house a couple of times to arrange things re my council tax.

Twice i've phoned them and twice as soon as I said "I'm moving house on.." they've actually hung up on me.

So does anyone have similar experiences advice?

Would it be advisable to just cancel my direct debit and just start my council tax up anew at my new property?

You should check to make sure your solicitor isn't doing it on your behalf. There used to be a form they would send off to advise of your change of address on settlement day.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

That chesser house , custommer services is a nightmare

I used to pay my community charge their but waited ages to get served

It really is full of immigrants and spongers feeding of government handouts

Kenif , you would be better to write to them or email your circumstances

You should check to make sure your solicitor isn't doing it on your behalf.

Solicitor did mine when I last moved.

i've had bad experiences with 3 councils over ctax. i think people have to be stupid to work there.

best advice i can give you is work out exactly what you're owe (owed?). divide your years bill by 365 then multiply it by the days you'll be spending there and thats what you're owe them. if you over pay you'll never see the money again. i had to correct a woman at the council 4 times when she tried to overcharge me before telling her how to work it out

I know someone who has never paid a penny to his council tax.. Just ignores the letters, and they dont pursue it..

I know someone who has never paid a penny to his council tax.. Just ignores the letters, and they dont pursue it..

I know someone like that. They, inevitably, caught up with him years later and he had to sell his flat to avoid going to jail.

If you email sally who works there she will sort your problems straight away.Give your property ref no and as many contact and date detail as possible.

I guarantee you will be on here very soon praising her;)

[email protected]

Cheers

If you email sally who works there she will sort your problems straight away.Give your property ref no and as many contact and date detail as possible.

I guarantee you will be on here very soon praising her;)

[email protected]

Cheers

Was also gonna post someone's email at the council, but I can't find it. From my experience, if you email someone directly, the response and service you receive is prompt and excellent.

We moved 6 months ago and our lawyer done everything that had to be done re council tax so they should do it all ( that is if you are buying another house)

Archived