under 20's league nxt season

kamac1

under 20's league may help to brige that gap to the first team squad for the younger players

as regards the 5 meetings I don't if that translates into 5 young players leaving but n o doubt as it approaches 5pm they must know their fate by now

under 20's league may help to brige that gap to the first team squad for the younger players

as regards the 5 meetings I don't if that translates into 5 young players leaving but n o doubt as it approaches 5pm they must know their fate by now

The ones leaving have been told today, ie the ones not getting kept on.

As for the u20s, yes it will help but I'd still rather have seen 18s/reserves bridging the gap between youth team (non full-time) & first team. The reason is 3 pro teams per club is seen as too expensive, tho Hearts certainly are one of a number of clubs who could easily field 18/reserve/first team teams

This is where the SFA should step in financially. Youth will be the way forward but clubs cannot afford a realistic step by step progression.Seems once again clubs including Hearts are releasing lads because of a **** structure.Hope they have got the new one correct.

Good luck to any released lads.

BlingCrosby

Any word on potential releases?

I've heard third hand that at least one prominent u19er has been let go.

Hopefully not too much bad news.

Jamboinparis

Has there been any mention of over age players being allowed to play in this league? I think it would be a good idea to allow 3 over age players to be selected for these games. I see three benefits to this:

1. Older players coming back from injury can build up match fitness.

2. Late developers (21-23 year olds) who can't break into the first team are able to play competitive matches.

3. There isn't the financial burden on the smaller teams of fielding a full reserve and u19 team.

Guest Dipped Flake

Has there been any mention of over age players being allowed to play in this league? I think it would be a good idea to allow 3 over age players to be selected for these games. I see three benefits to this:

1. Older players coming back from injury can build up match fitness.

2. Late developers (21-23 year olds) who can't break into the first team are able to play competitive matches.

3. There isn't the financial burden on the smaller teams of fielding a full reserve and u19 team.

The last I heard there will be 3 over-age players allowed

Archived