Eye gouger admits blinding woman

Better call Saul

Terrible story. In regard to louise modiak, I am sure she will have adapted now, but what a torrid time she must have endured. Some people just really are terrible, it is depressing to think that there are actually so many people like that in our world.

Good thread btw, when I read 'Brutal story but got me thinking', I thought here we go, classic kickback i8 style or something...

Buffalo Bill

The attack on Louise Duddy in 1991 was absolutely horrific.

I had the pleasure of meeting her a year or so later. A brave, brave woman.

That really is frightening. You like to think that the relevant authorities will have him well and truly under control and whatnot but at the same time you hear about situations like this sometimes. Some quite obviously deranged and obsessed nutjob makes it clear he's going to harm someone, deranged and obsessed nutjob then harms said person, police express shock and sadness, family want answers etc.

Terrifying at the best of times, even moreso if you're blind I'd think. Poor woman.

The attack on Louise Duddy in 1991 was absolutely horrific.

I had the pleasure of meeting her a year or so later. A brave, brave woman.

I had the pleasure of locking up Greenhalshe, the piece of excrement who carried out the attack. He was on protection for his own safety in HMP Shotts, not easy time.

Good.

Rick Grimes

Louise Duddy has I think, thankfully, long since adjusted to the effects of her attack. Used to serve her in Safeways quite often and she always seemed very upbeat & chatty.

I was friends with one of Gordon Modiak's extended family as a wee boy and he certainly had a reputation for being a right wrong un. Does make you wonder how people who could even contemplate an attack like that on someone, never mind a loved one, manage to function in society at all.

From what I have seen of Louise Duddy she has borne up remarkably well to this horrific incident in her life.

Personally to lose your sight under any circumstances would be my worst nightmare.

jt

I was telling someone the other day how brave Louise Duddy was. She showed incredible courage throughout the trial etc and really made a big impression. I hope she is well and happy.

You do realise that article is from 2003 and modiak has been out since 2005?

So he did about 14 years jail time?

IMO not long enough.

joe.gausden

So he did about 14 years jail time?

IMO not long enough.

Nowhere near long enough. Should still be in now IMO

Archived