Milk

SanliHearts

SanliHearts

Classic thread contender.

Quite agree, this has some pontential!

Semi skinned for me! Love milk however any more than a glass and I'll be making regular trips to the bog to piss out my arse!

maroonlegions

A milkman comes across an order for 45 pints of milk. Puzzled, he decides to ask the customer if this is a mistake. When he knocks on the door, a woman comes out with just a bath towel around her.">She confirms that she wants 45 pints. "Milk baths are good for your skin," explains the woman."Oh, OK," says the milkman. "Do you need it pasteurized then?"No," says the woman. "Up to my t*** will be fine."woot.gif

Semi skimmed for me.

SanliHearts

A milkman comes across an order for 45 pints of milk. Puzzled, he decides to ask the customer if this is a mistake. When he knocks on the door, a woman comes out with just a bath towel around her.">She confirms that she wants 45 pints. "Milk baths are good for your skin," explains the woman."Oh, OK," says the milkman. "Do you need it pasteurized then?"No," says the woman. "Up to my t*** will be fine."woot.gif

Semi skimmed for me.

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4H0sgAIU_A

scottish_chicP

Has to be semi skimmed. Whole milk is like drinking cream :yucky: and skimmed is like water!

The Great Khali

Semi skimmed boy myself.

Slightly off topic... Do you pronounce it milk or mulk? Mulk annoys me.

The Future's Maroon

Semi Mulk for me all the way....and not so much do I call it semi skimmed, its green mulk to me?

BoJack Horseman

Can't say that David Firth is particularly family friendly.

I was brought up on semi-skimmed so kind of naturally go for that. Whole milk is the way forward though, especially by the glass. In your tea/coffee/cereal it doesn't really matter either way.

Sergio Garcia

If I am buying for just myself Blue (Whole) milk, in the house the consensus is green (semi-skimmed) so it's mostly green I drink.

Red is like water, pretty rank to be honest.

I could drink milk all day, love the stuff.

And as for milkshakes, Banana is the correct answer

Semi skimmed boy myself.

Slightly off topic... Do you pronounce it milk or mulk? Mulk annoys me.

People actually pronounce it mulk?!

I wouldn't keep the company of anyone who did this.

itsnomarooned

Semi skinned for me! Love milk however any more than a glass and I'll be making regular trips to the bog to piss out my arse!

Painting picures with words there.

A lovely image.

BoJack Horseman

People actually pronounce it mulk?!

I wouldn't keep the company of anyone who did this.

Depending where you grew up in Scotland, I'd say it was a pretty popular pronunciation. I'll say mulk depending on the company/how lazy I'm being.

Regal Kingston

As Edinburghs most famous milkman once said;

"Shemmi Shkimmed pleashhe"

Love the odd swig on whole milk (especially out of a glass bottle) but its just a wee bit too thick.

Heard the Jersey milk is pretty good.

I don't know why Skimmed is the same price when its mostly water?

The farmers have been robbing us for years.

I P Knightley

"Mulk" should be pronounced with a "w" where the "l" is written.

Cereal & tea get green.

The cappucino machine wants & gets red.

I've experimented recently with the orange and also purple (pronounce that ya hoordies!) as multi-purpose.

Some cooking recipes get blue.

Angel Delight gets blue.

The Future's Maroon

I'm quite partial to the orange top (1%) milk you get in Sainsbury's. :thumbsup:

Always has to be one smart arse!! :whistling:

Creepy Lurker

Skimmed, always always always. Grew up drinking semi-skimmed, but since I made the switch even that feels disgustingly creamy now.

Only get UHT milk here too. Used to it now, to the point where I actually find it useful to be able to buy six litres at a time and then not have to go to the shops for a while.

Doctor FinnBarr

Just remember folks, if you drink semi or skimmed (known as white water in the dairy industry) you are helping the profits of dairies. The excess cream that they take out the milk is made into other products or shipped out to Belgian chocolate makers!

RWD ship two bulk tankers of cream per week to Belgium at great profit.

:mellow:

Just remember folks, if you drink semi or skimmed (known as white water in the dairy industry) you are helping the profits of dairies. The excess cream that they take out the milk is made into other products or shipped out to Belgian chocolate makers!

Imagine the 'cream slick' of one of those babies sank. :blink:

Semi skimmed for me, though I'm patial to full fat UHT in coffee.

Craig Gordons Gloves

i got very confused when i moved over here. Whole Milk has a red top, half and half has blue, 2% is green and fat free is yellow.

By the way - whole milk is the way forward. Anything else is for gays.

Creepy Lurker

i got very confused when i moved over here. Whole Milk has a red top, half and half has blue, 2% is green and fat free is yellow.

Same here, except that the skimmed is green and you don't get a fourth option.

Creepy Lurker

Also, just saw this. I'm pretty sure that you're 'helping the profits of dairies' if you buy any milk at all, to be honest.

I P Knightley

Also, just saw this. I'm pretty sure that you're 'helping the profits of dairies' if you buy any milk at all, to be honest.

I chortled at that one, I really did.

Years ago, I was working with the Milk Marketing Board and it was around the time that skimmed and semi-skimmed milk were taking off in popularity. Those dudes were rubbing their hands with glee as they were getting to sell stuff at full price that they'd previoulsy been tipping down the drains.

Doctor FinnBarr

Ok, it should have read "helping raise the profits of dairies".

:huh:

Has to be semi skimmed. Whole milk is like drinking cream :yucky: and skimmed is like water!

I concur :thumbsup:

Matthew Le Tissier

Blue milk tastes really weird tbh. Green milk is the stuff for me can drink 4 pints a day.

I recently stopped eating dairy products as I'd heard and read that cows milk is bad for you, and is to blame for a lot of illnesses.

I no longer feel bloated as much and my breathing is less laboured (I've got asthma). My skin is clearer, i get more female admirers and I've developed super powers. (ok I'm exaggerating slightly)

It's been tough though and I really miss milk chocolate, but I've learned to enjoy dark chocolate.

One thing I've really noticed is that I'm now more relaxed than I used to be.

Archived