My sons aversion to the colour green - Part II

Craigieboy

This time it's my daughter.

The wife takes her to the optician because of something the school spotted. Anyway, she needs glasses.

The optician, takes the wife aside & mentions that it is best to let the kid choose her own because if you force them to get a pair they don't like then they won't wear them.

So, my 6 year old goes up to the trays, has a good look & picks a pair.

The wife said to me, "so she chose a dark red colour".

I said "maroon"?

She replies after sighing..........."Yes, if you want to call it that".

So off her own back, my wee girl choses correctly. No green, no pink or black. Maroon!

So thats 2 out of 2 in one week.

I feel so complete as a dad now!

:biggrin:

You've cracked it.

I also know your pride, only it's with my 2 younger nephews.

One of them has a Hibee in his life, and after a recent Hibs game, the man in question bought my nephew a Hibs annual, but kept it in a bag. When presented with the bag, the young lad looked at it, shouted 'That's Hibs!', proceeded to walk to his back door, throwing the offending item out of the back door before shouting: 'I'm a Jambo, I don't want this rubbish in my house!'.

Oh yes :D

I was 16 before i got on an eastern scottish bus because they were green, still dont like first bus because they took over eastern scottish

rossthejambo
You've cracked it.

I also know your pride, only it's with my 2 younger nephews.

One of them has a Hibee in his life, and after a recent Hibs game, the man in question bought my nephew a Hibs annual, but kept it in a bag. When presented with the bag, the young lad looked at it, shouted 'That's Hibs!', proceeded to walk to his back door, throwing the offending item out of the back door before shouting: 'I'm a Jambo, I don't want this rubbish in my house!'.

Oh yes :D

thats brilliant. glad to see hes been brought up well

PsychocAndy

My wee fella broke his wrist skiing. Went to the sick kids the nurse said no maroon stookie but they had a couple of lovely shades of green. "There are no lovely shades of green" said the wee fella before plumping for red.

Another time he and the "far to good for the likes of me" Mrs BigAndyK went for school shoes. The Mrs came out the shop raging at me because the shoes he wanted were the same as a pair ?15 cheaper but he wouldn't wear the cheaper pair. " No problem I talk to him get him to wear the cheaper pair. Why wont you wear the other pair." "Because they make the hobo's strips"

I nearly cried with pride, whata boy

My wee fella broke his wrist skiing. Went to the sick kids the nurse said no maroon stookie but they had a couple of lovely shades of green. "There are no lovely shades of green" said the wee fella before plumping for red.

Another time he and the "far to good for the likes of me" Mrs BigAndyK went for school shoes. The Mrs came out the shop raging at me because the shoes he wanted were the same as a pair ?15 cheaper but he wouldn't wear the cheaper pair. " No problem I talk to him get him to wear the cheaper pair. Why wont you wear the other pair." "Because they make the hobo's strips"

I nearly cried with pride, whata boy

Well done mate!

You must be so pwoud.

Not quite got to these stages yet but...

My wee boy will be three in the summer. The other morning he said to me, "Daddy, when I'm bigger will you take me to see the Hearts?"

I nearly cried.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

My sisters month old bairn spewed on her green pyjamas today.

I think having my Hearts scarf wrapped round her the first time I met her may have already influenced her.

To say I was proud wouldn't do it justice. :)

FTH.

Doctor FinnBarr
I was 16 before i got on an eastern scottish bus because they were green, still dont like first bus because they took over eastern scottish

Eastern Scottish WAS the bus company for West Lothian! Green or not, bring them back cos they,d be much bettrer than 1st with their Polish drivers(no english).:confused:

tosheeturtle

All my family is from edinburgh but they moved to alva before i was born!! But we would always go to edinburgh at the weekend to visit the family...anyway when I seen the maroon buses I always thought they were hearts buses... and was always happy to see them cause we didnt have hearts buses around alva!!

my cousin when he was 6 was a hobo supporter, under the bad influence of his father, even though his mum is a jambo!! Anyway when we won the scottish cup we took him through to watch hearts bring back the cup... lets just say by the end of the day my younger cousin had seen the light... and when he got home was singing " the hearts are having a party and the hibby is in his bed"!! ;)

Archived