Vlad wants Frail to make a list of 20 stars he wants to challenge the Old Firm

vegas-voss

Make of this nonsense what you want.

In todays Star no qoutes or anything but it says Vlad wants Frail to give him a list of 20 players he thinks can challenge the Old Firm and he will pay big transfer fees.

What bull**** by the Star for making up the story or if it has been said for Vlad saying it when he won't or if he is serious intrusting Frail to make the list.

Wouldn't take anything the Star says as the truth, if there's no quotes then that tells me everything i need to know.

It won't stop 4 pages of 'I told you Shaggy was going to be the manager all along' type posts.

In todays Star no qoutes or anything but it says Vlad wants Frail to give him a list of 20 players he thinks can challenge the Old Firm and he will pay big transfer fees.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Its EXACTLY the sort of scheme Vlad would come up with

jamboinglasgow

What bull**** by the Star for making up the story or if it has been said for Vlad saying it when he won't or if he is serious intrusting Frail to make the list.

if that was the case then it would go against Vlad's new finanical plan of trimming wages and not pushing debt up as much.

Sexton Hardcastle

I hear Kaunas have 20 players coming onto the transfer market. Dont want to reveal my souce tho

alwaysthereinspirit

Only 20 stars?

Well its a start.;)

if that was the case then it would go against Vlad's new finanical plan of trimming wages and not pushing debt up as much.

It also says Kingston,Tall and Goncalves will be going.

You would think if he was serious he would build a team around Kingston and get rid of the duffers in midfield.

doctor jambo

Easy one for Shaggy

Its called the Rangers first team

Buy it and win the league

Or alternatively

get a decent manager in nad use the money as compo to his club

Only 20 stars?

Well its a start.;)

Yeah he will make a list of 20.Vlad will then pick 1,probably the worst one but then pay him huge wages.

You would think if he was serious he would build a team around Kingston and get rid of the duffers in midfield.

Larry told me that they are being sold because Vlad is a racist. :sad:

Patrick Bateman

I'd happily see the back of Kingston now. Although he's clearly a talented player, he only tends to show it when things are going well. We could get anything from ?3-4 million for him and use that money to bring in a more up and coming prospect.

Drew Busby !

Given the media source of the story I won't jump on it just yet.

However it's what we'd expect to happen isn't it ?

Tried to get a new manager ? Failed, but never mind we've still got Shaggy.

Tried to sign top players to challenge the old firm ? Failed, but never mind we've still got Robbie, Clum, Audrey, Miko etc

I'm sure by mid-to-late summer, the spin will be that Hearts have tried their best to make all these things happen. But that we shouldn't worry because after all these extensive training sessions in Europe, the players are raring to go and expecting to challenge at the top-end of the league blah blah yada yada

Sexton Hardcastle
I'd happily see the back of Kingston now. Although he's clearly a talented player, he only tends to show it when things are going well. We could get anything from ?3-4 million for him and use that money to bring in a more up and coming prospect.

I doubt any money made from transfers will get funded back into the squad. Crag Gordon ring any bells?

jamboinglasgow

well I think Kingston's wage is the problem, heard it is over 10k a week. Though if we get rid of Tall who has high wages then I feel we can at least keep Kingston. Youth is key and having a team who have come through the ranks is cheaper than bringing in expensivly paid players (not that I would say no if we got Ronaldinho) but we have to bring in players who we know can play well and be on a small wage.

well I think Kingston's wage is the problem, heard it is over 10k a week. Though if we get rid of Tall who has high wages then I feel we can at least keep Kingston. Youth is key and having a team who have come through the ranks is cheaper than bringing in expensivly paid players (not that I would say no if we got Ronaldinho) but we have to bring in players who we know can play well and be on a small wage.

I think Tall's just refusing to sign a new deal and Jose is rubbish most of the time. Jose should have a reasonable sell on value and be on decent wages so we should get cash for him and save money on his wage.

I like kingston but i dont think he would be the greatest loss ever

Tall and josey have to go cut the wage bill

Dr. Bapswent
Wouldn't take anything the Star says as the truth, if there's no quotes then that tells me everything i need to know.

It won't stop 4 pages of 'I told you Shaggy was going to be the manager all along' type posts.

No, your right.

But you have to ask, if were getting a new manager, then why would Shaggy be the one picking 20 new players?

But moreso, it smacks of the Star talking absolute gash, its the sort of story a child at school would make up (of course, in some eyes, that may make it more likely to be true).

Also, just because the list maybe 20 players long, doesnt mean to say 20 will be bought, or that they will want to come or are available.

More likelym if any list does appear, it will most likely only result in 3 or 4 actual possibilities.

Oh, by the way

Newspaper stories without quotes might either be

1. completely made up

2. a "leak" from Hearts to generate press goodwill and publicity

Oh, and number 2 was confirmed by Charlie Mann as a tactic used by Hearts (and other clubs / institutions of course)

The point being if it isnt made up it is a leak, and lets face it, if it has come from CM, it is likely to be propoganda spin designed to pull the wool over the fans eyes and say, I dont know, tempt them into buying season tickets

ie Vlad is going to buy a whole new squad of players to challenge the old firm next season

It is another incredible and astonishing sign of Vlads power over Vladgimps that people simply shrug their shoulders at the thought of players of the talent of Kingston leaving the club

The reality is that the majority of players at Hearts are suffering due to a lack of a proper manager and the interference of Vlad.

A competent but experienced manager could build a team around Kingston and get him to perform

jamboinglasgow
I think Tall's just refusing to sign a new deal and Jose is rubbish most of the time. Jose should have a reasonable sell on value and be on decent wages so we should get cash for him and save money on his wage.

I agree with you, Tall is a good defender (shame he only showed it this season) but I reckon Hearts are trying to lower his wages and he is refusing, so if it frees up a place for someone like McGowen than good (though from sounds of what I have been hearing McGowen is more likely going to be in midfield.)

Jose, I feel if we get offered over a million then we should take the money and run. We would of made a profit on him if that is the case.

Cut The Crap

Vlad does like his little lists, doesn't he?

Robbo was asked for a list shortly before he got the old heave-ho. Burley got his list fired back at him marked "Not good enough." What will the fates have in store for Shaggy and his list I wonder.

I'm sure by mid-to-late summer, the spin will be that Hearts have tried their best to make all these things happen. But that we shouldn't worry because after all these extensive training sessions in Europe, the players are raring to go and expecting to challenge at the top-end of the league blah blah yada yada

You forgot to add that the extensive training sessions are to be taken by star jump & piggyback USSR 1972Champion, and fitness coach E. Malofeev.

:eek::evilno:

This is so much tabloid rubbish. Don't fall for it folks, no matter which camp you fall into.

1. The optimists shouldn't get your hopes up that we'll see a host of top players at Tynecastle next season and race to the ticket office with wads of your hard-earned.

2. The pessimists/realists shouldn't use this nonsense story as a stick to beat the club with when it inevitably doesn't transpire.

Shaggy made a list of UK based players to sign last season did he not?

That one made a big impact on Vlad clearly.

jamboinglasgow
It is another incredible and astonishing sign of Vlads power over Vladgimps that people simply shrug their shoulders at the thought of players of the talent of Kingston leaving the club

The reality is that the majority of players at Hearts are suffering due to a lack of a proper manager and the interference of Vlad.

A competent but experienced manager could build a team around Kingston and get him to perform

I remember when we signed him people kept saying he would be off in January. People were also convinced that Romanov would not apply the clause in the loan to sign him, we did. Kingston is a great standard of player and be it now or five years ago he is a player that will grab clubs and I think he will be sold on for a good price. I hope he can stay as in a team with a decent manager he will shine.

And childish name calling on this board is getting worse. Hatkickers are seen as heros and vladsheep are called vladgimps, cant we all just be called Hearts fans?

Manager first Vlad - then let HIM pick HIS players.

And for god's sake, bin all the driftwood. Especially the big earners who have taken us to our lowest finish in about 15 years.

Patrick Bateman

Why don't you try re-reading my post before posting silly little comments like this?

Kingston does not represent value for money. We are in debt to the tune of ?36 MILLION.

I think most people have gathered that Romanov's interference and the chronic lack of a manager have caused problems, but thanks for enlightening us anyway

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Geoff Kilpatrick

No, it's testament to the apathy that has been created.

Besides, getting ?3-4M for Kingston would be good business in my view.

If there is any truth in this, and I am not convinced there is, then we can all forget about Vlad learning lessons from the past.

We need a manager before we consider buying players.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So Vlad here's your list: -

C Ronaldo (to back up Elliot)

Ronaldinho (to back up Ivaskevicius)

Messi (to back up Stewart)

Rooney (to back up Nade)

Buffon (to back up Kurskis)

Lahm (as back up to Robbie)

etc. etc.

And childish name calling on this board is getting worse. Hatkickers are seen as heros and vladsheep are called vladgimps, cant we all just be called Hearts fans?

Gimp is now more appropriate than sheep IMO

A ridiculous stance in continuing to shrug off Vlad picking players deserves a ridiculous nametag

People arent following any more, they are almost revelling in being abused

I think the terminology is entirely appropriate

He asked Robbo the same thing(not saying he's asked SF) ,Robbo gave him a list which included,Gow,Bednar,Nicholson,Lee Millar and a few more well known players(can't remeber them all) for Vlad to hand him it back and say he could get better players,but the thing is Vlad never told Robbo what kind of budget he was working with.

Drylaw Hearts

Here's an interesting idea Vlad.....................

Employ the Manager you said you were going to employ.

Let HIM give you a list of 20 players and then YOU actually sign those 20 players instead of erasing most of the names and writing in a bunch of shi tty FKB Kaunas duds.

It's a little bit out there for you, I realise this, but hey you never know it may actually work.

:rolleyes:

Thig Ar Latha

1. It is the Star we are talking about

2. This story appears at least once a year, and never happens

3. I do not beleive Frail will be Manager next season. The Coaching course will take too much time to allow him to be Manager.

jamboinglasgow

A ridiculous stance in continuing to shrug off Vlad picking players deserves a ridiculous nametag

For me, it is painfully obvious what vlad needs to do to improve the club but too mistakes were made in the past that allowed for the posistion to happen. For me I am an optimist, always have been in life. I still have faith that Vlad will either realise or be forced to realise the correct way. That does not mean I am bent over the barrell by Vlad, I do criticise the way he acts but I would love him to succed.

I just feel that in terms of our support that not to divide the supporters as united we stand and divided we fall. Yes there is difference in opnion but calling people names such as gimps is not going to help us change things.

I prefer to see people as optimistic or pessimistic. And before people call themeselves a realist, i dont accept that term, it is simply a pessmist who thinks their correct.

For me, it is painfully obvious what vlad needs to do to improve the club but too mistakes were made in the past that allowed for the posistion to happen. For me I am an optimist, always have been in life. I still have faith that Vlad will either realise or be forced to realise the correct way. That does not mean I am bent over the barrell by Vlad, I do criticise the way he acts but I would love him to succed.

I just feel that in terms of our support that not to divide the supporters as united we stand and divided we fall. Yes there is difference in opnion but calling people names such as gimps is not going to help us change things.

I prefer to see people as optimistic or pessimistic. And before people call themeselves a realist, i dont accept that term, it is simply a pessmist who thinks their correct.

It's way beyond "name calling" the very fact that supporters will not renew ST because of this twits actions say's it all,not the fact some one call's some one else a gimp on a fecking computer screen.

maroonlegions

so what happened to vlads PORT FOLIO he had with millions of players in it and he is asking frail.:confused::rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
so what happened to vlads PORT FOLIO he had with millions of players in it and he is asking frail.:confused::rolleyes:

They were stolen.

Sir Alex Ferguson is the main suspect.

VR really should have kept copies.

• Moderators

"Gimp" is a pejorative term, and referring to another JKB user as a gimp would be considered abusive.

Just in case anyone is wondering.

jamboinglasgow
There very different

A pessimist looks at a negative outcome

A positive looks at a positive outcome

A realist looks at the likely outcome

I always find that whenever you say to someone they are a pessimist, they will say the old line, "I'm not a pessmist, I'm a realist." When they are really just a pessimist.

Archived