Laptop Password....

Leebo

I came back last night from a 3 day holiday, to find that my Laptop Password has been changed and basically I cannot get onto it now.

Does any of you "Brainy" lot know how I would be able to reset everything and get into my computer?

I came back last night from a 3 day holiday, to find that my Laptop Password has been changed and basically I cannot get onto it now.

Does any of you "Brainy" lot know how I would be able to reset everything and get into my computer?

Use a hammer, that should get in to it.

Sexton Hardcastle

try your defaul password? Got a disc at work that can get into the registry on the startup and you can unlcok/change passwords. But out in the "sticks" of Peebles its a bit far away. Who changed the password?

try your defaul password? Got a disc at work that can get into the registry on the startup and you can unlcok/change passwords. But out in the "sticks" of Peebles its a bit far away. Who changed the password?

I have tried a couple of passwords, but no of them work.

I don't know who changed my password.

Everyone in my house say they haven't touched it, but dunno whether to believe it or not.11 :confused:

When starting up your laptop, after you have seen the first screen, start pressing F8, which should bring it up in Safe Mode, and you can then reset your password once you are logged into there.

Done! Thank you sir!

Sexton Hardcastle

Is there other users/accoutns on the laptop? liek an administrator or somthing. Your account my be set to change password every 30 days etc..

When starting up your laptop, after you have seen the first screen, start pressing F8, which should bring it up in Safe Mode, and you can then reset your password once you are logged into there.

Done! Thank you sir!

I will try it when I get home tonight and see how I get on :)

Angry Haggis

I will try it when I get home tonight and see how I get on :)

PM If that does not work - can advise on some other methods.

Archived