Trading Standards to Probe Hearts

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

A CONSUMER watchdog is investigating a season ticket campaign led by Hearts after receiving complaints that fans had been ?misled?.

Trading Standards said it had launched a probe into the club?s new ?dynamic pricing structure? that saw scores of fans try to take advantage of a bargain season ticket price, only to discover they were paying up to ?70 more than was advertised.

It comes just days after the News revealed the Advertising Standards Authority was considering whether to investigate the club after similar complaints were brought to it.

The advertising watchdog is still deciding whether there are grounds to investigate, a spokeswoman said.

Last week, Hearts apologised for the debacle saying they had ?learnt lessons? and expressed ?regret for problems that arose?.

A council spokesman said: ?Any complaints received will be investigated by our Trading Standards team as per normal procedures.?

Hearts declined to comment.

Grassing the club to trading standards FFS

The way the dynamic pricing worked out was shite I'll admit but thats bloody low

Grassing the club to trading standards FFS

The way the dynamic pricing worked out was shite I'll admit but thats bloody low

So if the club has breached trading standards then it's ok for them to do so at the expense of the fans?

Whoever dreamt up this year's season ticket renewal strategy & campaign needs a boot in the baws, imo.

Whoever complained is pathetic.

You might not like it, but they have not gone against what the brochure said.

The only failure is they could perhaps have explained it better and that the prices did go up very fast.

It is not a matter for Trading Standards though or the ASA and complaining just because you did not get a season ticket as cheap as you thought is wrong in my book.

So if the club has breached trading standards then it's ok for them to do so at the expense of the fans?

I don't think they have

Whoever dreamt up this year's season ticket renewal strategy & campaign needs a boot in the baws, imo.

I agree :thumbsup:

Whoever complain is pathetic.

You might not like it, but they have not gone against what the brochure said.

The only failure is they could perhaps have explained it better and that the prices did go up very fast.

It is not a matter for Trading Standards though or the ASA and complaining just because you did not get a season ticket as cheap as you thought is wrong in my book.

If Hearts have no case to answer then great.

If they do though....

Chaka Demus & pliers

Typical EEN shoddy journalism

The headline and start to the article

'Trading Standards probes Hearts deal A CONSUMER watchdog is investigating a season ticket campaign led by Hearts after receiving complaints that fans had been ?misled?.

Trading Standards said it had launched a probe into the club?s new ?dynamic pricing structure?'

and then a later paragraph

'The advertising watchdog is still deciding whether there are grounds to investigate, a spokeswoman said.'

Chaka Demus & pliers

whoever done this is a ******* prick.

Someone on the season ticket thread said that they had complained

Guest GhostHunter

Seriously ?

This is pretty low tbh - I know some people were pissed off, but to take it to this level is crass and on a level I've never seen before.

Whoever you are - take a look at yourself.

Unbelievable.

kingantti1874

The hearts fan who did this is a dick head I the highest order.. Why else can you say...

Guest GhostHunter

Who said anyone grassed,all anyone has to do is read the season ticket thread!!!

No, someone has to make a complaint before they are able to take action.

AFAIK

Tommy Wiseau

Absolute NAP it's folk who will give it the "been a season ticket for 473 years man and boy" chat as well :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Hearts is a business and we are customers so I don't see how it's low tbh. They are taking the utter piss.

And it wasn't me before anyone starts. :rolleyes:

I remember someone saying it on the ST thread but board rules do not permit me from saying anybody's name

I believe they are in a relationship with an Austrian midfielder though :turned:

Vlad-Stupid

Hearts is a business and we are customers so I don't see how it's low tbh. They are taking the utter piss.

GRASS

Whitley Jambo

I heard it was Hibs that had been reported to Trading Standards for charging people to watch " flair" football .:whistling:

Boab Mugabe

My money is on it being McCabe wot grassed

I have a feeling it was that arsehole Joe Bloggs myself.

:seething:

Bert Le Clos

Someone on the season ticket thread said that they had complained

Who's with me?

pitchfork.jpg

No, someone has to make a complaint before they are able to take action.

AFAIK

Sorry but that is not the case

Yes, and some fans will do well to remember that when we increase charges and release staff.

The problem is when it works against them we are a football club, when it works for them, we are a business.

Guest GhostHunter

Nobody is questioning whether or not the club are taking the piss, it's the point that someone saw fit to complain to an official body, when they quite probably could have gone to the club and have had it resolved.

It wouldn't surprise me if the complaint also ended up at the SPL.

But hey, what do I know - things like this bug the fug out of me.

kingantti1874

Nobody is questioning whether or not the club are taking the piss, it's the point that someone saw fit to complain to an official body, when they quite probably could have gone to the club and have had it resolved.

Exactly, nobody is forcing anybody to buy a season ticket - this is the last thing the club needs... And to be fingered by one of out own fans... Thats the sort of dim *** wit we could do without...

How would it have been resolved?

The club have 'resolved' things by freezing the prices at their highest point until the end of the month when they will start rising again.

If I was standing in the queue at 9 on the first day of sales only to be told it was 50 quid dearer I would have complained as well tbh. If they are innocent they have nothing to worry about.

kingantti1874

Yes, and some fans will do well to remember that when we increase charges and release staff.

The problem is when it works against them we are a football club, when it works for them, we are a business.

They can charge whatever they want... They can make each ST ?1k each if they want... but yes... An investigation and possible fine will help the club in our current financial predicament...

FFS I despair

This.

The only people who are pathetic or low in all of this are hearts.

Fort Vallance

:facepalm: x 1 million

Only the hard of thinking could have possibly been mislead.

Although I moaned a bit,I would never thought about complaining about it. I wouldn't have known how to anyway since I'm obviously hard of thinking !

They can charge whatever they want... They can make each ST ?1k each if they want... but yes... An investigation and possible fine will help the club in our current financial predicament...

FFS I despair

Of course they can charge what they want but they might have a case to answer after advertising the 'lowest prices for 4 years'. If they had put (for 10 minutes) on the end of that wee slogan it would have been sound.

I don't think the price is the issue here.

vintage1874

Like others have said the ST sales campaign was a poor showing from Hearts. However there was no need for any Hearts fan to report the club. Very typical of this tell tale age we live in

Many of us let the club know our feelings and Hearts froze the prices. Hopefully the prices will drop further especially for oap's and teenage kids. IMHO it was a matter between the Hearts fans and the club no need for any external agency to get involved.

If we are honest here and this pricing policy had happened at hibs people would have said" the fans should complain to trading standards"

Because it's happening at our own club a lot of us are quite prepared to bury our heads and keep quiet!

At the end of the day yes it's our club and we love it but you also have to stick up for yourself now and again.

A bit like the players, took so much then complained.

And no it wasn't me either. ?

kingantti1874

Of course they can charge what they want but they might have a case to answer after advertising the 'lowest prices for 4 years'. If they had put (for 10 minutes) on the end of that wee slogan it would have been sound.

I don't think the price is the issue here.

AP, nobody is questioning the fact the the club were underhand here.. But nobody is forcing anybody to do anything.. if it annoyed people tht much just don't buy one... It really is that simple.. There's nothing to resolve... But grassing the club to trading standards... How anybody could think an investigation by another authority helps anyone is simply beyond me.. Nothing good can come from it

AP, nobody is questioning the fact the the club were underhand here.. But nobody is forcing anybody to do anything.. if it annoyed people tht much just don't buy one... It really is that simple.. There's nothing to resolve... But grassing the club to trading standards... How anybody could think an investigation by another authority helps anyone is simply beyond me.. Nothing good can come from it

On one hand you are saying the club was underhanded and on the other you are saying nothing to see here. Trading standard exist to investigate such underhanded tactics.

FFS, whoever raised this with Trading Standards is a complete numpty. In what way is it confusing to go to buy your season ticket, see the price before you, and then decide whether to buy or not????

Secondly, I am sure they can pat themselves on the back when they see season ticket prices increase next year to help pay for the fine, if we do end up being fined.

Well done!!

An investigation could mean the club doesn't try and fleece the support again so that's a good thing in my eyes.

I don't see how taking it to the club solves anything, they have lost the trust of some people hence the need for an outsider to come in and take a look. Wouldn't be my preferred method but blaming the 'grasser' is so far off the mark.

kingantti1874

On one hand you are saying the club was underhanded and on the other you are saying nothing to see here. Trading standard exist to investigate such underhanded tactics.

I put the future of the club before hurt feelings... If enough people don't buy... Then the club will be forced to fix it...

Misleading? You get given a price, it's then up to YOU to decide if you think it's worth it, you have to give payment details, the club just dont debit your account.

If you didnt like the price you were told then where was it written that you had to buy?

Just dont go to the games then if you think it's too expensive.

I heard it was Hibs that had been reported to Trading Standards for charging people to watch "football" .:whistling:

Fixed that for you.

An investigation could mean the club doesn't try and fleece the support again so that's a good thing in my eyes.

I don't see how taking it to the club solves anything, they have lost the trust of some people hence the need for an outsider to come in and take a look. Wouldn't be my preferred method but blaming the 'grasser' is so far off the mark.

Or it could mean that the club can't raise enough money to pay its running costs.

The same people complaining are probably the same ones complaining about the quality of the players and also about not paying players on time.

The club quite clearly advertised that there was a limited number of tickets at the discount price, and as the saying goes, the early bird catches the worm.

I saved ?100 on mine.

:greggy:

I don't agree that they fleeced you. You had the "choice" to buy or not. Disappointing you by raising prices unexpectedly is not 'fleecing'.

If you think this will introduce improvements next year I think you are wide of the mark. All they'll do is remove the heavily discounted deals, and start the pricing off higher.

Trading Standards are more for issues where you buy something, only to find its not what you thought you were buying. Not where you buy something in full knowledge of the price, but you don't like the price :)

Archived