Stephen Elliott

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

Stephen Elliott is in talks regarding a possible new deal, according to the Evening News.

I don't think he's earned a new deal, tbh. :ninja:

Stephen Elliott is in talks regarding a possible new deal, according to the Evening News.

Puts in enough effort but just cant shoot !

the general

gotta agree there but would love to see him playing regularly when fit beside a Beattie or KK before giving up on him

Jambof3tornado

Probably just talks on what hearts would offer. Or his agent making everyone aware that sleeves is out of contract.

Would work well beside a Kyle of Beattie type but not done enough due to how he's been played!

Gregory House M.D.

Hire John Robertson, make Stephen Elliott take shooting tutorials from him for 4 hours a day every day of closed season and I'd consider giving him a new deal. Outwith that, he's shite and should be binned at the earliest opportunity to free up cash for real goalscorers like Rudi Skacel & Craig Beattie.

What's his goals to appearances ratio?

I do like his work rate but he does seem to be a pretty crap finisher.

Johanes de Silentio

Puts in enough effort but just cant shoot !

I think he's decent, but doesn't score enough, and hasn't done as well as hoped.

Gregory House M.D.

He's basically the same player as Gary Glen. Only difference being you actually think Gary might score when he shoots.

How can folk want to give him a new deal? Cause he tries hard?

great player to have in the squad, if wages are right sign him up

also he loves a goal at easter road :thumbsup:

He's basically the same player as Gary Glen. Only difference being you actually think Gary might score when he shoots.

Really?

I'm not against him re-signing, but he needs a partner.

Yup, I like him but he does need a partner.

Play him regularly along side Beattie and i think he'd be good.

Johanes de Silentio

What nonsense.

Drylaw Hearts

We need strikers who put the ball in the net - not strikers who run around a lot and not much else.

It's a 'no' from me.

Johanes de Silentio

when i get that feeling

You need sexual healing? :ermm:

Cannae help ye! :down:

:lol::lol:

Gary glen? never seen that ***** put in half the effort of elliott! his career was over as soon as he played a few good games and started claiming he turned down man utd and that.

Gregory House M.D.

Really?

Yes. I don't bothee getting excited anymore when Stephen Elliott gets a chance. He always finds new ways to miss them.

At least with Gary Glen you still think he might score when through on goal. Well at least I do.

Gregory House M.D.

Oh well that's that decided. We'll have a striker who can't shoot or do anything meaningful because he runs alot.

:vrface:

heartsfc_fan

Don't mind Elliott. Certainly no lack of effort when he plays, and he's scored one or two at Easter Road :thumbsup:

However, he doesn't score enough. No idea what sort of money we are paying him.

We need strikers who put the ball in the net - not strikers who run around a lot and not much else.

It's a 'no' from me.

I'd argue that it's his "running about" that helps create space for others to get into and finish off chances.

I like him, therefore it's a 'yes' from me.

Oh well that's that decided. We'll have a striker who can't shoot or do anything meaningful because he runs alot.

you dont quite seem to grap that fact that the running he does is meaningful

tartofmidlothian

What's his goals to appearances ratio?

I do like his work rate but he does seem to be a pretty crap finisher.

One in five according to Wiki. Scored 11 goals in 58 appearances.

I like him and wouldn't mind us resigning him on a lower wage, but only if we've got Beattie and Rudi tied down first.

rossthejambo

You could really do with some one on one tutoring from our resident war winning former prime minister.

Yes. I don't bothee getting excited anymore when Stephen Elliott gets a chance. He always finds new ways to miss them.

At least with Gary Glen you still think he might score when through on goal. Well at least I do.

but he doesnt tho.

Gregory House M.D.

You could really do with some one on one tutoring from our resident war winning former prime minister.

He thinks I'm trolling :cornette:

Vlad-Stupid

:cornette:

Gregory House M.D.

Somebody got stephen Elliotts assists and goal stats to hand?

rossthejambo

Am I giving you too much credit? You genuinely don't think Elliott brings anything to the team when he plays?

He's had his chance, doesn't have a good goal scoring record, misses a few sitters in front

of goal. I think we could get better for the money!!

Tommy Wiseau

Since when was he good enough at what he does to teach others how it's done? :lol:

:what:

Gregory House M.D.

Am I giving you too much credit? You genuinely don't think Elliott brings anything to the team when he plays?

If I'm perfectly honest I think he's absolutely mince. I'd see the point if he done the Wayne Rooney type dropping into the midfield to link the play between midfield and a strike partner but the fact remains he's a poacher who can't score.

Admittedly he's been played out of position and up front on his nelly but I'd prefer to see him with a partner before handing him money on the blind hope that he might be better with one.

Gary Glen is just not got it at this level. His workrate is nowhere near as good as Elliott's. He's been here for years now and i can only see another Calum Elliot or Jamie Mole when i watch him. Steven Elliott is a very good footballer but i do wonder if they should maybe play him in an attacking midfield-type role as he's not clinical enough in front of goal but his link-up play is very decent. One thing you can guarantee with him is he puts in a shift and works hard, even if things don't come off he just gets in about it and tries again. I think he'd do well to have extra striking sessions to improve in front of goal though, certainly wouldn't do any harm.

Sergio Garcia

Elliott works well in the right wing role or with a partner. His running takes defenders away and free's space for others and his work rate is second to none.

The Cup game against St Mirren showed both the good and bad sides of Elliott, his tremendous work rate and never say die attitude won us the corner to grab the equaliser, the sitter just after half-time shows his shooting is woeful.

I like him, I'd give him another contract as long as the wages were sensible.

18Jambo_dave74

I like him, always get 100% effort from him and works hard for the team. Plenty of experience too.

However his scoring record isn't great and isn't the best striker of the ball either.

For me it depends on his wage demands as to whether we keep him or not as I'd imagine he is on a decent amount at the moment. Also, if it's a choice between wages for keeping Elliott or for keeping Beattie then its Beattie everytime.

Really terrible in front of goals, an absolute abortion of a finisher. Does work hard though and create space for other, IF he can be signed on a low wage in line with the other squad players we should keep him.

However, we are meant to be trimming the squad and cutting costs so he is on a very shoogley peg.

If I'm perfectly honest I think he's absolutely mince. I'd see the point if he done the Wayne Rooney type dropping into the midfield to link the play between midfield and a strike partner but the fact remains he's a poacher who can't score.

Admittedly he's been played out of position and up front on his nelly but I'd prefer to see him with a partner before handing him money on the blind hope that he might be better with one.

This is your assumption not actuality. Your fault no his

You'd probably come across better if you were. Genuinly thinking he adds no more than Gary Glen :blink:

Elliott sums up perfectly the way Hearts fans champion mediocre players. A Preston NE reject :facepalm:

We should get rid and look for someone better instead of chasing lost causes like they did with Nade, Clum etc, wasting millions in the process.

Gregory House M.D.

This is your assumption not actuality. Your fault no his

Yeah it's my fault he's awful at his job. :thumbsup:

rossthejambo

Since when was he good enough at what he does to teach others how it's done? :lol:

Come on now, Thomas. Surely you didn't miss the obvious joke in there that William is so bad at this malarky that he needs help from such an abject troller.

I'm disappointed .

Sergio Garcia

And the comparisons with Gary Glen are laughable, I very much doubt Glen could run the length of the pitch without having to step for a breather, he looks as if he needs a piggy back to get from halfway line to the box half the time.

Archived