Japan disappointed with Whale catch

Ben Dover

Japan whale hunt ends with poor catch

TOKYO (UPI) -- The Japanese whaling fleet netted little more than half of its target catch this year, which one official called "truly regrettable."

The lead ship, the Nisshin Maru, docked in Tokyo Tuesday. Before it arrived, officials said the hunt failed to catch the quota of 900 minke whales and 50 fin whales, the Australian Broadcasting Corp. reported.

The whaling fleet caught 551 minke whales, blaming protests from the environmental groups Greenpeace and the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society for the reduced catch.

Greenpeace spent 15 days chasing the Nisshin Maru across the ocean, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.

"It is truly regrettable that we could not carry out the project as planned," said Toshiro Shirasu, Agriculture vice minister.

Shirasu said Japan would continue its annual hunt, which the government says said is needed for scientific research. :buttkick:

A Greenpeace spokesman said conservationists dispute Japan's stated reason for the hunt, believing instead that the whales are to be used for food. :mad:

Japan says it will consider pursuing criminal charges against environmentalists involved in the protests, :Bazooka:

'Get with the program' you selfish f***** :evilno::sad::mad::sterb003::buttkick::vangry::Bazooka:

scientific research

My arse, it's for eating and to be honest it doesn't look that appitizing:evilno:

My arse, it's for eating and to be honest it doesn't look that appitizing:evilno:

Your arse is for eating and doesn't look appetising? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Your arse is for eating and doesn't look appetising? :eek: :eek: :eek:

You can pay some girls to do that sort of thing, so I have heard:movethatass::brows:

You can pay some girls to do that sort of thing, so I have heard:movethatass::brows:

Er, I think it was me who told you that. :sad:

Miller Jambo 60
Er, I think it was me who told you that. :sad:

Like Seal culling murdering low life.

A wee seal with a pick through its head.

ANIMALS.

DOUG 46 a big sap but loves animals or mamalls

Denny Crane

Does this scientific research go under the auspices of "let's see what happens when we fire this harpoon at that whale and check as well if it goes well with chips and mushy peas"?

The Japanese are very good at telling porkies - ask them about what happened in the war. At least the Germans face up to it.

Stewart MacD

These Sea Shepherd Green vermin are nothing more than pirates. Boarding the Japanese vessel in international waters and throwing acid. They should be keel-hauled. They even sail under a variant of the Jolly Roger. Even Greenpeace disown them.

No, I'm not in favour of the whaling, just the law of the sea.

Jimmy McNulty

In my 20s I once woke up after a night on the booze and was also disappointed in my "whale catch" :)

In my 20s I once woke up after a night on the booze and was also disappointed in my "whale catch" :)

:rofl::rofl:

I trust it was at least the right gender of whale?

:eek:

Different from killing sheep/pigs/cows or even fish etc for food?

If you've seen Pulp Fiction you would know that you should never eat animals with personality.

I'm being both flippant and serious. I have no interest in eating cat, dog, horse, whale or dolphin but everything else is fair game.:P

Rick Grimes
Different from killing sheep/pigs/cows or even fish etc for food?

frankly, yes.

Jimmy McNulty
:rofl::rofl:

I trust it was at least the right gender of whale?

:eek:

I think so. I'm not sure I stuck around long enough to find out!

Carl Spackler

900 whale quota! Shocking! Have you the seen the size of the Pacific Ocean?

Do Greenpeace think them p'ing about in their fecking love powered rainbow dingy or the **** roaring about in their turbo-diesel sea raping deathcraft are going to make any difference whatsoever to the survival of marine life in the Pacific at large.

Disingenuous from the **** to call it necessary for scientific purposes but more than likely only because they've got Greenpeace claiming what they are up to is in some way the antithesis of evil itself.

Archived