Dirty Orange barstewards

Tazio

No not the Rangers.

My contract phone upgrade is on Sunday.

On Saturday I leave the country on business for a week. Then I am back for 3 days and then I go away again.

So I would appreciate a decent phone when I am away, as opposed to my current one which has horrendous battery life due to being a year old.

So I phone Orange explaining the situation.

No can do.

So I e-mail Orange, better Get a nice phone call from a girl but she can't suggest anything except going into the Orange shop.

So I go into the Orange shop.

No can do.

The upshot?

Yes I can upgrade a day early. No problem.

If I pay a ?300 upgrade fee.

Pathetic way to treat a customer who pays ?35 a month, bang on time every month.

So Orange want me to pay ?300 for 24 hours. Amazing.

As I type, in my head, I am preparing a furious e-mail.

Take your contract elsewhere, I did after a similar lack of customer service with Orange.

I will never go back to them.

Take your contract elsewhere, I did after a similar lack of customer service with Orange.

I will never go back to them.

My main problem is that due to a lot of trips and time away from home having a temporary number would be a nightmare. I have had no problems with them until now. Maybe that's why it annoys me so much.

You won't need a temporary number, you get the puc code from Orange and take it to your new provider, it'll switch in about a week, stay on your Orange contract until it switches. It might cost you a month's line rental, so wait until the middle of week two to visit o2 or Vodaphone or whoever you go with.

Nelly Terraces

Taz, email them and tell them to stick their mobile up their erse, and explain in detail why that should be, and tell them your offski elsewhere. I'd hazard a guess they'll come crawling to you, to keep your custom.

As an aside, I lost the Nellyphone on Saturday. I was with T Mobile whose coverage is pants, I do a lot of travelling on trains for work and the minute the trains out a major conurbation, you get no signal, pretty annoying, they are cheap but you get what you pay for so I decided today to move back to Vodafone who I was with for years.

I always found Vodafone pretty good customer wise and once had a major complaint with them as they overcharged me for calls, which was dealt with efficiently and they even gave me free talktime to make up for it.

All best,

NT

I P Knightley
Taz, email them and tell them to stick their mobile up their erse, and explain in detail why that should be, and tell them your offski elsewhere. I'd hazard a guess they'll come crawling to you, to keep your custom.

As an aside, I lost the Nellyphone on Saturday. I was with T Mobile whose coverage is pants, I do a lot of travelling on trains for work and the minute the trains out a major conurbation, you get no signal, pretty annoying, they are cheap but you get what you pay for so I decided today to move back to Vodafone who I was with for years.

I always found Vodafone pretty good customer wise and once had a major complaint with them as they overcharged me for calls, which was dealt with efficiently and they even gave me free talktime to make up for it.

All best,

NT

Bang on, Nelly.

These Effers poop their pants as soon as you request the PUC code, "Is there anything we can do for you Mr Ticklykov? I'm sure we can find a deal that you'll find to be more attractive to you, Mr Ticklikov."

Well, perhaps you could've found one sometime in the last 12 months if it's so effing easy!

I'm ditching Orange in a couple of months time. Bloodsucking, filthy, evil pond-dwelling, bottom feeding, belly crawling, baby eating bahhstuds.

I think most phone companies just don't really care as long as they're getting your money. If you threaten to terminate the contract and go elsewhere they may be more help.

If you do decide to change and you want good customer service then i would suggest not going to O2.

I renewed my contract a couple of weeks ago over the phone and have had several problems with them since then, including the phone breaking (more of a manufacturer problem but O2 were not particularly helpful with replacing the handset) and the contract set up not being what I agreed to at the time. The person i dealt with about my contract wrote different information in my notes to what i was told (conveniently for them this call was not recorded) and the manager i spoke to in the end was blunt, impolite and at one point accused me of lying!

Pretty shocking in my opinion when I've been giving them ?35/month for the past 18months and just agreed to a contract for another 18 months.

The Old Tolbooth

Got to admit that I've been with Vodafone for 10 years now and never really had many problems. I prefer to speak to a human, or speak to someone who talks the lingo when I need customer service, and Vodafone are very good at that. Plus if you dont get satisfaction over the phone, I find the shop at the Gyle very helpful.

Their deals are probably not competitive against other providers, but I reckon you get what you pay for and I really couldnt be arsed with the hassle around Orange and O2

stella_jambo

im with orange and they were usually very good with me but since they have moved the there call centre they are doing my nut in. had a few issue and im not sure ill stick with them when my contract runs out - ill jump to the best deal i can find if they cant match it.

BoJack Horseman

I got rid of Orange as soon as I was able to. Was on the Dolphin 35 tarriff with ?6 insurance and was constantly being ?48 - ?50 a month and all I did was text. Was a nightmare. That's a lot as a student.

I've been with orange for about 7 years and i've found them to be very good.

Apart from telling me that the motorola razr 2 is as good as nokia.

The better half and i are with Orange, been with them for 10 mnths now so 8 mnths left we are on dolphin ?35 and ?6 insurance, now in 10 mnths i have had 2 handsets returned and the Mrs has had one, they charged us ?15 for Fecking ADMIN charge, now what do you pay your ?6 a month insurance for,(all 3 handsets were faulty) fecking joke.

Archived