Football Management Team Briefing tonight

captain

Reasonably well attended event tonight, in no particular order here's the things I learned...

Frail is happy at being called Shaggy because at any given point he could have been replaced and gone back to coach, he is comfortable with the name.

We have too many players and must move some on.

Frail has been picking the team of late but he is under influence to play some high earners to move them on in the summer eg Jose playing rather than Wallace.

Frail doesn't think Makela has it ability wise.

Pinilla doesn't want to get off the treatment table.

In the United game 3 weeks ago he didn't play Nade and Elliot together for some reason, wouldn't say what but hinted there was an issue that he couldn't discuss.

Elliot has the ability and tries as hard as he can, he will hopefully come good.

We have youngsters better than any other club but they won't get near the team unless we lose some of the dross.

Copil will be training all summer as his attitude stinks!!

Larry was dealt with for storming up the tunnel at Killie.

YOungsters will play in the next 5 games.

Well done to Frail for being as honest as he could even though tensions were running high, but there are still things going on that he has no control over.

Frail has been picking the team of late but he is under influence to play some high earners to move them on in the summer eg Jose playing rather than Wallace.

lol.....

If the subtle interference from Vlad is purely to get rid of the dross I am not too bothered as we really need to get rid of some of these over paid tossers.

Still not too happy about it though.

Cheers for the info.

Ryan Gosling
If the subtle interference from Vlad is purely to get rid of the dross I am not too bothered as we really need to get rid of some of these over paid tossers.

Cheers for the info.

It happened before Romanov, it's nothing to get annoyed about. I remember a game against Celtic, a young boy called David McGeown got put on as a sub even though he was being released and it was to help him get a club.

The Real Maroonblood

Cheers for the info.

The thing is if he playing the dross to get rid of them who in their right mind would buy them.

Rory B Bellows

"Elliot has the ability and tries as hard as he can, he will hopefully come good."

And there it is... Sigh.

The thing is if he playing the dross to get rid of them who in their right mind would buy them.

Haha, that's what I was thinking.

Surely the best way to get rid of Goncalves is to keep him as far away from the pitch as possible.

Getting rid of the dross will leave us without a team for the rest of the season. Just been reading the Skacel thread, and makes you seek when you think back to 2 years ago the exciting team we had, compared to the utter pish we have to endure now.

:(

Dagger Is Back
Reasonably well attended event tonight, in no particular order here's the things I learned...

Frail is happy at being called Shaggy because at any given point he could have been replaced and gone back to coach, he is comfortable with the name.

In the United game 3 weeks ago he didn't play Nade and Elliot together for some reason, wouldn't say what but hinted there was an issue that he couldn't discuss.

Elliot has the ability and tries as hard as he can, he will hopefully come good.

We have youngsters better than any other club but they won't get near the team unless we lose some of the dross.

Well done to Frail for being as honest as he could even though tensions were running high, but there are still things going on that he has no control over.

Tells me a lot.

Vlad will NEVER stop interfering. He will identify players, he will dictate who comes and goes. He will decide who doesn't play because they won't sign a contract extension etc. The result of that IMO will mean we struggle to get anything other than a Sooty manager and struggle to sign any decent Scottish players.

Maekal must be completely Eartha Kitt if Shaggy doesn't rate him but reckons Clum has talent.

That comment re Clum is a shocker. What talent? The laddie is a 100% huddie!

We have young players who are the best around do we? Is this borne out by results?

The guy is a freeking puppet. Vlads hand is so far up his deaf and dumb that he could brush Frails teeth.

Your job as a manager is to put a team out on the park fit to win every game that they play. Frail hasn't done this either because VR has interfered or for some unknown reason that is obviously too sensitive to be aired.

In either case that is a ****ing shocker and unforgivable as far as I'm concerned.

We've been short changed again this season.

Frail may have put himself in the firing line and been honest with most of his answers but he is as culpable as the rest.

The Real Maroonblood
Getting rid of the dross will leave us without a team for the rest of the season. Just been reading the Skacel thread, and makes you seek when you think back to 2 years ago the exciting team we had, compared to the utter pish we have to endure now.

:(

It's suicidal thinking about it.

Am still waiting on my letter for this event. :107years: At least I have kickback to tell about what I have missed out on. :evilno:

Tells me a lot.

That comment re Clum is a shocker. What talent? The laddie is a 100% huddie!

Most of the chat re Elliot came from Darren Murray rather than Frail. He did cite that 2 years ago on Elliot led the line for 13 games and was outstanding against Celtic on New Year's Day. They reckon he should never have been sent to Motherwell on loan and that knocked him back a bit.

There's no faulting the 3 guys (Murray, Murray, Frail) to Hearts and we'd be better off if some of the players shared it. That was agreed. We'd also be better of that passion waqs chanelled with ability. Also agreed.

If the OP's info is factual then it merely clarifies further the fact 'Shaggy' is as inept as most of the squad. Get rid of the lot of them please Romanov and do something for the good of HMFC for once.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
If the OP's info is factual then it merely clarifies further the fact 'Shaggy' is as inept as most of the squad. Get rid of the lot of them please Romanov and do something for the good of HMFC for once.[/QUOTE]

Jump out of a 20 storey window.

If the OP's info is factual then it merely clarifies further the fact 'Shaggy' is as inept as most of the squad. Get rid of the lot of them please Romanov and do something for the good of HMFC for once.

As factual and as accurate as I can remember. It was clear to see Frail's frustration but I did not come away inspired or encouraged, far from it.

The Real Maroonblood
If the OP's info is factual then it merely clarifies further the fact 'Shaggy' is as inept as most of the squad. Get rid of the lot of them please Romanov and do something for the good of HMFC for once.[/QUOTE]

I know a bus driver who is due me a favour.

Why? And who decided this?

:evilno:

We seem to have a lot of players with various different sorts of attitude problems all of a sudden - even in the youths!!

I think there are problems still with Romanov, but there are also issues with the quality of the coaches. They may be "Hearts men" but they are also the cheap and not so talented option.

Toxteth O'Grady

Frail is happy at being called Shaggy because at any given point he could have been replaced and gone back to coach, he is comfortable with the name. Happy at being referred to as a Scooby Doo character by 18 year olds is why he is not ready to be a manager

We have too many players and must move some on. No **** sherlock

Frail has been picking the team of late but he is under influence to play some high earners to move them on in the summer eg Jose playing rather than Wallace. So he isn't picking the team, GTF Frail ya puppet

Frail doesn't think Makela has it ability wise. But he is much better than Billy Elliott

Pinilla doesn't want to get off the treatment table. Who can blame him?

In the United game 3 weeks ago he didn't play Nade and Elliot together for some reason, wouldn't say what but hinted there was an issue that he couldn't discuss. Proves once more he is a useless puppet

Elliot has the ability and tries as hard as he can, he will hopefully come good.Only Frail can see it

We have youngsters better than any other club but they won't get near the team unless we lose some of the dross. Under 19 results suggest otherwise

Copil will be training all summer as his attitude stinks!! But he has more ability than most of the first team squad, it's a pity they cant get him to show it.

Larry was dealt with for storming up the tunnel at Killie. Good

YOungsters will play in the next 5 games. Good, they deserve a chance but I don't expect much from them

Well done to Frail for being as honest (that would be a first) as he could even though tensions were running high, but there are still things going on that he has no control over.

Never:sarcasm:

Nothing will ever change until Vlad goes.:sad:

I tend to agree, to be so negative about players openly may seem popularises but I cannot see what it does for you if you are a youngster living in a strange country and away from your parents. To then admit to the audience that you are playing certain players in order simply to sell them on when you do not rate them says's a certain amount about your bottle, Mr Frail, when at the same time we were looking for a top six place. But then again, look on the bright side, he like's being called "Shaggy".

Frail is happy at being called Shaggy because at any given point he could have been replaced and gone back to coach, he is comfortable with the name.Still wish the players wouldn't call him that in public

We have too many players and must move some on.Is this Frails opinion and did he say this would happen?

Frail has been picking the team of late but he is under influence to play some high earners to move them on in the summer eg Jose playing rather than Wallace.If it helps get rid of highly paid underacheivers then good. Has that policy cost us a place in the top six though?

Frail doesn't think Makela has it ability wise.But Elliot does!

Pinilla doesn't want to get off the treatment table.What a waste(er)

Elliot has the ability and tries as hard as he can, he will hopefully come good.The same was said about Simmons. I doubt it but time will tell.

We have youngsters better than any other club but they won't get near the team unless we lose some of the dross.Was this Murray or Frail?

Copil will be training all summer as his attitude stinks!!So very Hearts.

Larry was dealt with for storming up the tunnel at Killie.From a senior player. Sums up our lack of discipline.

YOungsters will play in the next 5 games.Time to find out if the youngsters sink or swim.

It happened before Romanov, it's nothing to get annoyed about. I remember a game against Celtic, a young boy called David McGeown got put on as a sub even though he was being released and it was to help him get a club.

Who now plays for Pollok Juniors and is a complete stand-out at the level.

Was by far man of the match against Montrose in the Scottish Cup.

What is the basis of this meeting and who attends?

Platinum Season Ticket Holders,

Ive been to 2 before...............

Burley & Rix

See ya Stevie !

Libertonian_II

Really intelligent comment unless of course you're one of those "I'd-rather-watch-HMFC-play-in-a-public-park-than-be-owned-by-Romanov" types

Brooks, Mileson & Gretna come to mind

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

In the space of logging in about 20 minutes ago I've went from being in a good mood to fecking furious because of this crap.

I HATE Frail.

HATE Romanov.

HATE everything to do with Hearts at the moment bar the memories.

Lying, corrupt joke of a club. :mad:

In the space of logging in about 20 minutes ago I've went from being in a good mood to fecking furious because of this crap.

I HATE Frail.

HATE Romanov.

HATE everything to do with Hearts at the moment bar the memories.

Lying, corrupt joke of a club. :mad:

Could'nt have put it better myself,i cant beleive the hatred i feel for Romanov,he's a liar and we fall for them all the time :mad:

I remember that game ..... the lad had a mare!

Pre this game he was being thought about for teams down south as he had previously been at the Man Utd academy for a spell ......... ended up at Alloa.

Guest GhostHunter

Cant argue with that to be honest - if I was Romanov, I'd be damn sure that the high earners got maximum exposure to maximise their value prior to shipping them on.

Maybe the way they went about who was playing and WHEN, is more cause for alarm though.

The Nade/Clum thing - I've heard that Clum is about as popular at the club, as a dose of the clap in a Celibacy retreat.

Jambof3tornado
Cant argue with that to be honest - if I was Romanov, I'd be damn sure that the high earners got maximum exposure to maximise their value prior to shipping them on.

Maybe the way they went about who was playing and WHEN, is more cause for alarm though.

The Nade/Clum thing - I've heard that Clum is about as popular at the club, as a dose of the clap in a Celibacy retreat.

You would appear to be in the know.....

of what its like in a celibacy retreat!!!;)

Guest GhostHunter
You would appear to be in the know.....

of what its like in a celibacy retreat!!!;)

You aint wrong there.

:eek:

That's a fair point. :)

Only Jose has been mentioned as being played to get a move though to a different club though.

Why did he knock back the silly money we got offered for Jose if he wanted rid ? Why does Makela not play then ? Why do the low earning Kaunas gush play ?

Another excuse for VR to interfere IMO.

That is hilarious, we have the best youngsters in the country but they can't play because we have to many crap players. Here's an idea, stick the crap in the reserves and lets see what these youngsters are all about. :rolleyes:

Hearts minded or not Frail can GTF.

I was sitting next to two of the senior players at a reserve game and they were talking about him. Not a hint of animosity. Referred to him as 'Cal' and seemed to talk about him like a mate. One of them went over and had a chat with 'Cal's' dad at one point.

Colonel Kurtz

Calum is popular enough amongst his peers and the Scottish players,there IS however animosity between players who accept the current situation with a shrug and other mostly British players who do not and let their felings be known.

BTW I do not include most of our Lith players as shoulder shruggers from what I hear.

Re Nade /Elliott if you have a striking partnership where one striker has to do 80% of the closing down what do you expect

Drylaw Hearts

IIRC he was involved brought into the squad by John McGlynn and Elvis after Robbo left.

The season was over and he came on as a sub in the last few matches.

We were possibly doing this lad a favour.

The difference this time is that we were trying to get into the Top 6.

Why doesn't Makela get a game to try and sell him on. Doesn't make sense why he never gets on the park even if he is as bad as folk say. Let the fans decide and stop all the "play Makela" threads. :confused:

Guest GhostHunter
Why doesn't Makela get a game to try and sell him on. Doesn't make sense why he never gets on the park even if he is as bad as folk say. Let the fans decide and stop all the "play Makela" threads. :confused:

Because we paid 500K for the dud, and there is absolutely no chance of us recouping any of it.

Rix bought us a weiner when he went for Makela.

Drylaw Hearts
Why doesn't Makela get a game to try and sell him on.

He is so bad that any team interested in buying him would be put off by watching him live.

IIRC he was involved brought into the squad by John McGlynn and Elvis after Robbo left.

The season was over and he came on as a sub in the last few matches.

We were possibly doing this lad a favour.

The difference this time is that we were trying to get into the Top 6.

His first game was when Levein hung him out to dry against a very powerful Celtic side though - when O'Neill had all those monstrously powerful players.

Levein then substituted him at half time and he was never again seen in a Levein squad I think.

Who are the fecking limp wristed sycophantic Romanov apologists on this or any other thread discussing the meeting whimpering and whining about other clubs and its happened before?

We are talking about the singular problem most of us appeared united upon.

Get your mits off the team

When it is established it is still happening despite Jan 01, then people continue to make feeble and pathetic excuses for the cretin

The Real Maroonblood
Who are the fecking limp wristed sycophantic Romanov apologists on this or any other thread discussing the meeting whimpering and whining about other clubs and its happened before?

It's to make themselves feel better and show that the "Puppet Master" is not that bad.

Pathetic.

Drylaw Hearts
Because we paid 500K for the dud, and there is absolutely no chance of us recouping any of it.

Rix bought us a weiner when he went for Makela.

I've heard Rix being blamed for Makela.

I've also seen John Murray being blamed.

Personally, I think VR was in full 'Manager Mode' that January and all bar 3 of the signings during that Transfer window were his.

Those being Hackett, Johnson and McCann.

I do have a huge probelm. Either Vlad has an influence over team selection or not. I think we would all agree, on past record, he should not.

Whenever, Vlad has interfered we have always made excuses for it. Whether, it was giving the January signings a chance under Rix, or not playing Webster due to contractural reasons, or not paying certain players because there goal bonuses are too expensive.

The problem, is Vlads intereferences never fecking stops. There will always been some excuse for it. I'm sick of hearing excuses for his interefernce. His interference has been a major factor in why we have finished in the bottom 6and playing some of the worst football I have seen as a Hearts fan.

Its needs to stop.

Sorry, I can't help but feel Vlad is just testing the boundaries with Frail as he did with Rix, Valdas and AK, for getting his way.

I'm afraid I really can't see a new manager coming in and being given full automy. On the remote possibility it does happen, there is every chance he will get the same treatment from Vlad a GB did.

Precisely

Who the feck is going to buy or be interested in Jose who was not already interested and will make a decision based upon a performance against the dung of the SPL

Honest to god.

People go on about Frail being spineless.

Look in the mirror

Drylaw Hearts
His first game was when Levein hung him out to dry against a very powerful Celtic side though - when O'Neill had all those monstrously powerful players.

Levein then substituted him at half time and he was never again seen in a Levein squad I think.

Did he also play in the mauling by Motherwell at Fir Park ?

Guest GhostHunter
I've heard Rix being blamed for Makela.

I've also seen John Murray being blamed.

Personally, I think VR was in full 'Manager Mode' that January and all bar 3 of the signings during that Transfer window were his.

Those being Hackett, Johnson and McCann.

Pretty sure Rix was at fault for Makela and hounded VR to sign the Finnish Goal Machine (sic)..

VR's time was taken up giving it large to Racing Genk over Beslija....

Drylaw Hearts

When it is established it is still happening despite Jan 01, then people continue to make feeble and pathetic excuses for the cretin

Yep.

Old habits die hard.

Archived