PC wont recognise phone or mp3 player

Gerd Muller

Gerd Muller

Up until recently, everything has been fine with transferring between pc and phone, and pc and mp3 player. Now when I attach the usb cable, neither are recognised by the pc. I have tried to uninstall the software and reinstall everything.

I have a Nokia N81 8GB and a Creative Zen: Vision:M 30GB. I have went through the trouble guides on the Creatives website with no luck. The phone is only one week old, and it worked then but today it doesnt connect.

Anyone had anything similar which they have been able to resolve?

Better call Saul
Up until recently, everything has been fine with transferring between pc and phone, and pc and mp3 player. Now when I attach the usb cable, neither are recognised by the pc. I have tried to uninstall the software and reinstall everything.

I have a Nokia N81 8GB and a Creative Zen: Vision:M 30GB. I have went through the trouble guides on the Creatives website with no luck. The phone is only one week old, and it worked then but today it doesnt connect.

Anyone had anything similar which they have been able to resolve?

I would try system restore (am no whizz on the pc but i get by) sounds like you have disabled or installed something along the way.

Gerd Muller
I would try system restore (am no whizz on the pc but i get by) sounds like you have disabled or installed something along the way.

Just do a system restore back to a day that it worked normal?

Scotty

Go to start-right click my computer select properties choose hardware select device manager select (universal serial bus controllers) are there any yellow exclamation marks if there are you have a problem with that particular device And there should be a code error number but can I ask you do you have many usb devices attatched i.e printer,mouse,keyboard etc if so disconnect the printer usb and try and connect the device if it works you may need a powered hub but have look at this web site and register for it your problem will be viewed by people who have had your problem and should find a cure for it

Sam

http://www.tech-faq.com/usb-device-not-recognized.shtml

http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/index.jspa?categoryID=1

Archived