Copying an "LP" DVD

Acey

Before going to the Big Game on Saturday, we put a DVD in to record the Sky footage. Now, I'm in the position where I want to copy the DVD, but - because it was set to LP (i.e. getting more time out of the DVD) - my laptop's telling me that the DVD is (apparently) 24+ hours long, and the maximum I can copy is 6 hours!

I know for a fact that what I'm wanting to copy is less than 3 hours (the 90 minute game, and Charlie Nickle-arse whinging afterwards), but apparently this can't be done.

Is there any way to copy a DVD set to LP?

Cheers.

I've never done it before, but I'd have thought you could rip the dvd to another format and convert it on your desktop.

This is all guess work, but try ripping it to .avi and using a converting tool (I use avs4you, which is a brilliant piece of software that I paid ?15 for and converts files to other formats for iPods, phones etc.) to change the format to something you can burn to dvd (.iso)

Best of luck Acey!

I've never done it before, but I'd have thought you could rip the dvd to another format and convert it on your desktop.

This is all guess work, but try ripping it to .avi and using a converting tool (I use avs4you, which is a brilliant piece of software that I paid ?15 for and converts files to other formats for iPods, phones etc.) to change the format to something you can burn to dvd (.iso)

Best of luck Acey!

Cheers - I've already ripped the files (three .vob ones) onto my desktop, but Windows Movie Maker seems to think that what is, in fact, 30 minutes of footage lasts over 3 hours!

:(

Archived