Tonights Football..

RoyCropper

Tonights offering of football is Man Utd at home to Fulham.

Utd obviously big favourites for this one and will see this possibly as a chance to get their goal difference up which could be vital come the end of the season.

Im going for 3-0 Utd.

Man Utd: De Gea, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Rafael, Carrick, Giggs, Valencia, Rooney, Young, Welbeck.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Kelly, JA Riise, Hangeland, Hughes, Diarra, Dempsey, Pogrebnyak, Duff, Frei, Dembele.

How much of a goal swing do Utd need to go ahead of City on goal difference? Hear there is a chance of that happening tonight if they win well.

Looking at the Utd team i'd expect them to win comfortably.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If Man U don't score soon an upset could be on the cards.

Very tense atmosphere and it's the classic pattern where the underdogs find more and more confidence as the game goes on.

Interesting game.

Very tense atmosphere and it's the classic pattern where the underdogs find more and more confidence as the game goes on.

Interesting game.

Hopefully.

Sergio Garcia

Weird game all United for the first 10 minutes but since then Fulham have grown stronger and looking a lot more dangerous, seems this game isn't the walkover many thought it was going to be.

A United goal before half time is needed to calm the nerves I think

Interesting game.

I hope they lose, but Man U will inevitably score just before or after half time, and probably score a couple more.

Evra almost scores a scuffed overhead kick.

Gigolo-Aunt

Just wonder if Fulham can really hurt United in the final third. Everything up untill then is very nice and pleasing on the eye - but not sure they have that killer ball.

John McClure

Diarra looks good too

Shite atmosphere at old trafford. the team are going for the title, get the place bouncing!!! or do these first time tourists no ken any songs or stuff? must be shite when all the diehards are sat on JKB instead of the stretford end ken

::troll:::'>

seriously though, you could hear a mouse fart!! sounds like a st johnstone game FFS!!

Sergio Garcia

Giggs yellow was harsh?

:cornette:

A case of the commentator commentating on the perpetrator rather than the actual tackle, even Giggs had no complaints about the yellow.

Sergio Garcia

Great awareness from Evans there to set it up on a plate for Rooney, even when they are not playing well this United team can grind out results and get goals.

The tension has audibly been lifted. If Welbeck was at the races today Man United would be much better off

PaulHartley10

What an incredibly shit atmosphere.

Newcastle was just as bad when I was down earlier in the season.

It wouldn't surprise me if Giggs managed to get to 1000 games - he could easily play a couple more seasons, even primarily as a sub.

Sergio Garcia

This could be a nervy final 10 minutes for United here, they have had the chances to put this out of sight.

Sergio Garcia

Man United have been so lacklustre tonight it's unreal, I don't I have ever seen a United team fall apart so much in the final 3rd with a terrible ball be it underhit or the wrong option. Fulham might nick something.

Could have been a pen there, need to see it again but it looked a pen to me first time around

Absolute shite bag of a ref. Deary me.

He's never going to give a penalty at Old Trafford in a match that important.

Sergio Garcia

Never a pen. Typical diving dipper.

Defo a pen, only reason I can think the ref didn't give it is that he thinks because of the direction the ball moved Carrick has got a nick on it.

United should have been out of sight in the game, fell apart in the final third.

Billy the Jambo

Clear penalty a ref would never give a penalty against manure at old trafford .Even Gary Neville said it was

No.........surely not a penalty denied at Old Trafford for the opposition.

So just the usual really -- Refs bottle it with Man Utd and Fergie --

PS though overall they deserved to win but % possession does not win you matches.

Man Utd in poor performance shocker.

I have no idea how they grind out titles when they've barely played above average all season.

I have no idea how they grind out titles when they've barely played above average all season.

WhyAlwaysUs.png

Kinda what makes them consistently the best team in England. Their mental strength is as big an asset as anything else they have. Teams just cant beat them and in tight games like last nights, other teams would only have gained a point.

Gregory House M.D.

Are United fans on a sponsored silence? Not even a goal has lifted them.

Old Traffords the worst stadium for creating an atmosphere. Truly dreadful. I've sat in The Sir Alex Stand and the East Stand and the Stretford end sounds miles away. It's truly awful. It just doesn't sound like a football ground.

United can't play the tippy tappy football they keep trying to play. They're build for pace and power football, slowing it down all the time keeps putting themselves under pressure. Tried it against Blackburn and got skelped and they were lucky last night. I thought it would finish 1-1 after Rooney went off and it should have.

First view of the penalty incident I thought stonewaller, then the replay showed it over the ref's shoulder and I thought it was a great tackle, then the other angles showed Carrick kicking the foot, not the ball. Whether the contact was enough to send a player over is debatable, but it was a penalty. I can understand why it wasn't given though having seen what the ref saw.

Lucky laddies yesterday, but you need a bit luck to win titles.

doctor jambo

United can't play the tippy tappy football they keep trying to play. They're build for pace and power football, slowing it down all the time keeps putting themselves under pressure. Tried it against Blackburn and got skelped and they were lucky last night. I thought it would finish 1-1 after Rooney went off and it should have.

First view of the penalty incident I thought stonewaller, then the replay showed it over the ref's shoulder and I thought it was a great tackle, then the other angles showed Carrick kicking the foot, not the ball. Whether the contact was enough to send a player over is debatable, but it was a penalty. I can understand why it wasn't given though having seen what the ref saw.

Lucky laddies yesterday, but you need a bit luck to win titles.

Man City will throw the title at Sunderland. It is they whom have thrown it away, not vice versa. A mate of mine is Man U fan, and maintained all along that city were not in far enough in front to win the league, and had unshakeable confidence that the reds would prevail due to the Fergie Factor, if the fans are that confident, the team must be too- an amazing effect to have on a team

Archived