Webster and Barr central defensive partnership

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

After last weeks derby performance it was clear that Barr and Webster is our best central defensive partnership we have at Tynecastle .Why anybody can defend the undefencable Zalukas who makes basic mistakes in EVERY game he plays for Hearts is beyond me and how he is Captain of our club is an even bigger joke

If we are to improve from 6th in the table and progress as a team , it will not be achieved with Zalukas

Cardiac Rucksack

After last weeks derby performance it was clear that Barr and Webster is our best central defensive partnership we have at Tynecastle .Why anybody can defend the undefencable Zalukas who makes basic mistakes in EVERY game he plays for Hearts is beyond me and how he is Captain of our club is an even bigger joke

If we are to improve from 6th in the table and progress as a team , it will not be achieved with Zalukas

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeethhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don't mind Zaliukas TBF. But I think Barr does deserve his shot. He has never been given a real chance at Tynecastle, which I think is really poor. Would be happy to see him and Webster in central defence between now and the end of the season. Also Webster should be Captain next season.

Fermit the Krog

1) before last week Barr had performed well in 2 other games.

2) it was Hibs.

3) Zaliukas is far better than Barr.

Hibee Hater

Agreed except that he doesnt make a mistake every game. Barr is just as good as him but makes less mistakes than.

2) it was Hibs.

Surely it doesn't matter that it was against Hibs? He can only defend against what is put in front of him. How do we know Zaliukas is far better if we don't give Barr a 'real' chance?

Fermit the Krog

People forgetting Barrs previous performances and ignoring Zaliukas' good performances.

:vrface:

Hibee Hater

2) it was Hibs.

No he isnt Barr would not make as much mistakes as him and the good things that zal does Barr and any other average defender could do, some people are deluded on here

Fermit the Krog

Surely it doesn't matter that it was against Hibs? He can only defend against what is put in front of him. How do we know Zaliukas is far better if we don't give Barr a 'real' chance?

Of course it matters.

Dawid Kucharski once strolled through 90 mins against that lot and he was the very definition of 'pish'.

Alwaysinourshadows

2) it was Hibs.

Pretty sure Barr had a great game against dundee united! had Daly in his back pocket, Barr and Webster would be the best pairing but people like you cannot see it

100% agree. Yet another bombscare moment from our wonderful club captain today.? ... But, beware, you cant say anything critical on here about Zaliukas without being accused of having petty prejudices by people who are clearly clueless about football.

Agreed except that he doesnt make a mistake every game. Barr is just as good as him but makes less mistakes than.

I actually think Barr is a good player, however to decide after 1 game with Webster that it is clear that is our best partnership is a bit presumptious. To say Zal sells the jerseys every game is also just wrong.

Armadale Jambo

Zal is absolutely fe******* murder Always has been and always will be. Barr should be at the back with webby

Jesus Christ go and tell me how many times this best defensive partnership has played together? I genuinely believe there are people out there who actually want Zaliukas to feck up just so they can complain about him some more and justify the ridiculous claim about him costing a goal a game

Fermit the Krog

No he isnt Barr would not make as much mistakes as him and the good things that zal does Barr and any other average defender could do, some people are deluded on here

No. Some people just know more about the game than others.

Strange how all of our previous managers and our current manager still prefer Zal over those waiting to replace him, don't you think?

Fermit the Krog

Pretty sure Barr had a great game against dundee united! had Daly in his back pocket, Barr and Webster would be the best pairing but people like you cannot see it

Speaking of not seeing.

Take a closer look at point 1.

People forgetting Barrs previous performances and ignoring Zaliukas' good performances.

even in Zal's good performances he seems to have one holocaust moment in EVERY single game!

Hibee Hater

Strange how all of our previous managers and our current manager still prefer Zal over those waiting to replace him, don't you think?

It has nothing to do with the managers. I honestly think its romanov that is making him play and he has played every game (except suspensions and injurys) since the contract fiasco between him and romanov.

I an only assume you weren't at the Falkirk game last season then. Barr made more mistakes in that game than Zal has made this season. But that doesn't fit the agenda here I suppose.

Of course it matters.

Dawid Kucharski once strolled through 90 mins against that lot and he was the very definition of 'pish'.

Zal has made mistakes against Hibs.....so does that make him worse than Kucharski?. Barr looked good at Falkirk and has never been given a proper chance at Hearts. What's wrong with giving him an opportunity while Zal is off form?

Fermit the Krog

It has nothing to do with the managers. I honestly think its romanov that is making him play and he has played every game since the contract fiasco between him and romanov.

Can't argue the point so it must be MAD VLAD picking his fellow LIFF.

even in Zal's good performances he seems to have one holocaust moment in EVERY single game!

that kids is what we call pure utter undeniable horse shit

Jesus Christ go and tell me how many times this best defensive partnership has played together? I genuinely believe there are people out there who actually want Zaliukas to feck up just so they can complain about him some more and justify the ridiculous claim about him costing a goal a game

This, so very vesy much this. Can't wait to dive online, pinger in hand, to lavish abuse on the "bombscare"

Hibee Hater

Can't argue the point so it must be MAD VLAD picking his fellow LIFF.

Aye it must be suppose thats why kello isnt playin either

Armadale Jambo

This, so very vesy much this. Can't wait to dive online, pinger in hand, to lavish abuse on the "bombscare"

He clearly is a bomb scare. Webby is constantly looking over his shoulder to see where that numpty is. Barr looks so much more assured in defence than Zal

Tommy Wiseau

Jesus Christ it's getting worse. The place was ****ing dead on Wednesday/Thursday when we were easing into the semi finals of the Scottish Cup with a very decent performance, as well. Funny that. Good evening to you all. <_<

Regular John

Pretty calm here, but Zal's bombscare moments are so common nowadays it does undo alot of the good he brings to the side.

Thought Webster and Barr looked a decent partnership and they deserved a longer run together.

Some people think they know more about the game than others. Zal's inability to find a hearts player with a pass puts us under more pressure and results in more opportunities for the opposition - this isn't compensated by his OK positional sense and the fact that he's quite good with his head. We haven't seen as much of Barr so you're right we couldn't know if he'd be better for certain until he gets a prolonged run, but he looks to be the better option.

Notorious BIG

Zal is a quality defender, One of the best in the league on his day, His performance against Saint Johnstone is the cup was the best ive seen in a Hearts shirt

Its when he gets a rush of blood and thinks hees Lucio and trys to run it up the park and slips or something

I agree that barr deserves a run in the team after his recent performance, Ive always thougt he was a solid defender and decent in the air for being quite a small guy!

But Zal is the club captain and if your waiting for him to be dropped for barr then you will waiting a hell of a long time!

Rudolf's Mate

Ok look at it this way. If Zal was playing for anyone else and made these mistakes then you'd single him out as a weak point in the team i.e. try and lure him into a rash challenge!

I'm not denying the guy has strong points however his recklessness far outweighs all his positives.

Hibee Hater

:wtfvlad:

Sorry i was pointing out that vlad obviously is still making changes to the team and this is why kello is not in it and zal is

Tommy Wiseau

Some people think they know more about the game than others. Zal's inability to find a hearts player with a pass puts us under more pressure and results in more opportunities for the opposition - this isn't compensated by his OK positional sense and the fact that he's quite good with his head. We haven't seen as much of Barr so you're right we couldn't know if he'd be better for certain until he gets a prolonged run, but he looks to be the better option.

Well that is absolute nonsense for a start.

Zaliukas would be an excellent defender, if only he could avoid the regular brain-farts. But he doesn't seem to be able to, which is why the SPL is about his level.

Fermit the Krog

Ok look at it this way. If Zal was playing for anyone else and made these mistakes then you'd single him out as a weak point in the team i.e. try and lure him into a rash challenge!

I'm not denying the guy has strong points however his recklessness far outweighs all his positives.

If Zal was playing for anyone else he wouldn't be penalised as often as he is by referees or criticised as heavily by that teams support.

He is a victim of the anti Romanov (Lithuanian) feeling that sadly still prevails within Scottish football and even more sadder still, from within a minority of our support.

There, I've said it.

Have a good evening, all.

Hearts fans really are arseholes.

If a goalkeeper made as many mistakes as Zal he would be dropped, If a forward doesn't score goals they will be dropped...!!

Zal is there to defend the goal, however, every game he gifts something whether it be a penalty, a free kick in a dangerous position or a booking for nothing leaving him closer to those reds he likes so much or you could liken him to a female driver - causes the accident, doesn't have a clue they have and someone else gets the shit!

Part of the problem is in the head of Zal he is a wonderful football player, the other is he doesn't concentrate - BILLY BIG BOOTS SHOULD BE DROPPED, END OF!!!

that kids is what we call pure utter undeniable horse shit

fine. He strolls through EVERY game without ever gifting chances or putting his team mates under pressure.

Zaliukas is prone to mistakes. Game changing / losing mistakes. He needs a rest. It's the end of the season so time to try out other options.

Hearts fans really are arseholes.

Always the same after a defeat.

The Terrace is always embarrassing afterwards - it's days like this I miss the Pub.

If a goalkeeper made as many mistakes as Zal he would be dropped, If a forward doesn't score goals they will be dropped...!!

I give you Macdonald and Elliott.

this is almost certainly Zaliukas last season with Hearts so we might just end up with a Barr_webster pairing next season,which tbh i think will end up being a better partnership long term.

Zaliukas has given away 2 penalties in 2 games and yes he has moments of such idiocy it would be comical if he wasn't a Hearts player

however,the rest of the time he is one of the best centre backs in this league and he ALWAYS puts his body on the line.

unfortunately Zaliukas has the ability to be a top defender but not the mental fortitude,thats why he has spent the last 6 years in the SPL

Archived