The MOD Are A Joke

MackaysCentreSpot

MackaysCentreSpot

The Ministry of Defence has defended the actions of Prince William who used a helicopter training exercise to fly himself and his brother to a stag do.

The MoD stressed that the sortie was always planned as part of William's training and included all the elements being tested - flying in busy air traffic, crossing water and landing in an enclosed helicopter pad.

He used a MOD helicopter to go to a stag do for fecks sake. Bottom line.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080415/tuk-mod-defends-prince-s-stag-do-flight-6323e80.html

Commander Harris

Ministry of Defence defend heir to the throne. thought that was part of their job :P

:D

Dr. Bapswent

They are either to be treated like real people...or like....well....royalty.

Simple, they should be punished same as everyone else.

There is NO good defensible reason for this action.

MackaysCentreSpot

They even try and call it a sortie.

Sortie:

A rapid movement of troops from a besieged place to attack the besiegers.

A body of troops involved in such a movement.

The flying of an airplane on a combat mission.

An armed attack, especially one made from a place surrounded by enemy

forces.

An operational flight by a single aircraft (as in a military operation)

Nope cannot see the definition:

An operational flight by a single aircraft to go to a stag party.

The Ministry of Defence has defended the actions of Prince William who used a helicopter training exercise to fly himself and his brother to a stag do.

The MoD stressed that the sortie was always planned as part of William's training and included all the elements being tested - flying in busy air traffic, crossing water and landing in an enclosed helicopter pad.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080415/tuk-mod-defends-prince-s-stag-do-flight-6323e80.html

Oh well, he is their bosses grandson:p

Jambof3tornado

I remember being shocked a few years ago when a volleyball team was transported from a base up north to one down south for a game and then back up again and that too was a training sortie. Must have cost thousands of pounds for a soddin game of volleyball(i mean footie I could understand!!!;))

Commander Harris

love your new avatar!

sorry, I know I'm :mw_offtopic:

The quicker the royals are done away with the better. Bunch of social security scroungers.

In relation to this thread I never knew that those in the armed services were "social security scroungers"

The quicker the royals are done away with the better. Bunch of social security scroungers.

anyone who knows me, will know i'm not a royalist, but i have to say i have the utmost respect for harry, quietly going away and standing side by side with the lads he trained with, just as i have respect for all our troops.

i actually think its kinda funny, and had i the opportunity, i'd be wanting to do the same thing.

anyone who knows me, will know i'm not a royalist, but i have to say i have the utmost respect for harry, quietly going away and standing side by side with the lads he trained with, just as i have respect for all our troops.

i actually think its kinda funny, and had i the opportunity, i'd be wanting to do the same thing.

I also have loads of respect for our troops but I bet most of them were glad to see the back of his royalness.

I also have loads of respect for our troops but I bet most of them were glad to see the back of his royalness.

i'm sure you'll find out if thats the case if you look on http://www.arrse.co.uk in the current affairs forum. if memory serves there was a pages long thread on it, which i've got round to reading much of though.

seems the general consensus was they were pretty pleased with him & his conduct/work ethic while there, and more pished off at the aussie gossip rag for jeopardizing his and his fellow troops persec

i'm sure you'll find out if thats the case if you look on http://www.arrse.co.uk in the current affairs forum. if memory serves there was a pages long thread on it, which i've got round to reading much of though.

seems the general consensus was they were pretty pleased with him & his conduct/work ethic while there, and more pished off at the aussie gossip rag for jeopardizing his and his fellow troops persec

They are hardly going to stick their necks on the block and slag him off now are they?. For someone who is no lover of the royals you seem to be a big fan of prince nice but dim.

He is doing his heli training just a few miles from where I live.

In the scheme of things , if I was him I wouldn't fancy the drive to London if I could fly.It would take him 3 or 4 hours.

Say What Again
He is doing his heli training just a few miles from where I live.

Are you any good with a gutty? I think I still have a Black Widow in a drawer at my folks ;)

Are you any good with a gutty? I think I still have a Black Widow in a drawer at my folks ;)

You can't get near him.:sad:

The officers up there are cheesed off that the mess was decorated just for him and they also had to give up some rooms to accommodate his SAS minders.

Archived