Unbelievable scoring records

i8hibsh

Some astonishing records here. Incidentally I can't remeber Rush scoring as many.

Brazilian legend Pele scored 1,279 goals in 1,363

Lionel Messi - 234 goals for Barcelona alone at 24 years old.

Raul Gonzalez, who netted AC Milan scored 149 goals in 172 matches

Ian Rush, who struck 346 times in 660 games

Gerd Muller, who recorded 365 goals in 427 Bundesliga matches.

Piet van Reenen, Ajax, who scored a remarkable 273 goals in 237 matches from 1929 to 1942.

Anymore?

Christian Nad? who scored an amazing 8 goals in 83 matches for Heart of Midlothian. Clinical.

Jambo, Goodbye

Christian Nad? who scored an amazing 8 goals in 83 matches for Heart of Midlothian. Clinical.

Statistically more clinical than Torres for Chelsea haha

I believe there is a Hearts player who holds a record in British (if not world?) football by scoring four goals in three consecutive games.

Think it was Jock White, but it may have been Barney Battles or even earlier.

Chris Benoit

I believe there is a Hearts player who holds a record in British (if not world?) football by scoring four goals in three consecutive games.

Think it was Barney Battles (brilliant name)

Cue 18August93

Some astonishing records here. Incidentally I can't remeber Rush scoring as many.

Brazilian legend Pele scored 1,279 goals in 1,363

Lionel Messi - 234 goals for Barcelona alone at 24 years old.

Raul Gonzalez, who netted AC Milan scored 149 goals in 172 matches

Ian Rush, who struck 346 times in 660 games

Gerd Muller, who recorded 365 goals in 427 Bundesliga matches.

Piet van Reenen, Ajax, who scored a remarkable 273 goals in 237 matches from 1929 to 1942.

Anymore?

Didn't he play for Real?!

worth every bit of his ?780,000 per year :rolleyes:

Hearts Heritage

Indeed the Prolific Jock White who also holds the Hearts record for the highest % of the total goals scored by the club in a season.

A player who is sort of forgotten .

1925-2608.jpg

jamboinglasgow

None of those can match the prolific goal scoring ability of Josef Bican, one of the Austrian Wunderteam who wowed the world in the 1930s.

He scored an amazing 607 goals in 406 league games, 34 goals in 34 international games. This includes 395 goals in 217 games for Slavia Prague.

He was awarded the golden ball for the last century by the International Federation of Football Statistics (he only died 11 years ago.)

Indeed the Prolific Jock White who also holds the Hearts record for the highest % of the total goals scored by the club in a season.

A player who is sort of forgotten .

He also had a haircut named after him.

My Grandad used to tell me you could go to the barbers and ask for a "Jock White haircut", this was corroborated by an elderly lady who mentioned to me, when I was 15 and working in Wm Low, Corstorphine, that I had a "Jock White haircut".

I'm sure it was a compliment, but then again she could have been a Cockney and was having a pop at me... :o:P;)

Hearts Heritage

Whilst Pele has an astonishing record a lot of the gamesw could be classified as truly first class.

Oh and Barney Battles Jnr scored 11 in 3 Cup Finals vs Hibs in 20 odd days.

Denny Crane

Brian Clough was prolific for both Middlesbrough & Sunderland before injury cut his playing career short. Combined with both teams, 274 games played, 251 goals scored.

Didn't he play for Real?!

The Raul that played for Real scored 228 goals in 550 games for them.

His return is better at Schalke 59 appearances, 25 goals. :thumbsup:

Fozzyonthefence

Bobby Rankin scored 9 in 5

Tommy White 35 in 45

Willie Bauld 277 in 414

Jimmy Wardhaugh 272 in 415

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/players/aaplayersbygoalsavg.html

Robbo is 22nd in the list below Husref Musemic !!!

Had Robbo got a bit more game time in his last season instead of sitting on the bench and being loaned out to Dundee he might well have overtaken both Bauld & Wardaugh, although I think he did break the league scoring record.

Romario - 1047 Goals in 1285 matches (according to Wikipedia). 55 Goals for Brazil in 74 Matches

Mark De Vries - 47 Goals in 101 games for Cambur...not bad for the big man.

Me - 2 OWN goals in one 5-aside league game at the Pitz. We lost.....my heart wasn't in the game after that.

jamboinglasgow

Romario - 1047 Goals in 1285 matches (according to Wikipedia). 55 Goals for Brazil in 74 Matches

Mark De Vries - 47 Goals in 101 games for Cambur...not bad for the big man.

Me - 2 OWN goals in one 5-aside league game at the Pitz. We lost.....my heart wasn't in the game after that.

Romario is a liar. An amazing player, but he did not get over 1000 goals.

Statistically more clinical than Torres for Chelsea haha

So we could of got ?50million instead of releasing him. For **** sake.

Romario is a liar. An amazing player, but he did not get over 1000 goals.

Yeah I heard that he included friendly goals, then with them taken off since they aren't official match goals, it was under 1000.

jamboinglasgow

Yeah I heard that he included friendly goals, then with them taken off since they aren't official match goals, it was under 1000.

I think he took into account goals he scored in training and playing in the back garden with his son (who plays now for Vasco de Gama.) :whistling:

The Pele statistic is surely not true either?

If he played for 20 years, that would amount to 64 goals a year.

Is that right?

Is that right?

Pele included the goal he scored against the Nazis, plus all 17 replays.

His record in competitive games is still pretty astonishing, something like 750 goals in 775 games.

Brazilian Ronaldo - 12 in 14 for Cruzeiro, 42 in 46 for PSV, 34 in 37 for Barcelona, 49 in 68 for Inter, 83 in 127 for Real Madrid, 9 in 20 for AC Milan and 18 in 31 for Corinthians.

Totalling 247 goals in 343 games.

jamboinglasgow

Is that right?

It is a figure that includes non-competitive games. It seems if you did not include friendlies then his total is 784. He played from 1956 to 1977, so 21 years would make a competitive goals per season (including internationals) of 37 goals a season, which sounds reasonable.

Was reported a while ago that Bojan Krkic scored over 500 goals in 5 and a half years for the Barcelona youth teams...

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

None of those can match the prolific goal scoring ability of Josef Bican, one of the Austrian Wunderteam who wowed the world in the 1930s.

He scored an amazing 607 goals in 406 league games, 34 goals in 34 international games. This includes 395 goals in 217 games for Slavia Prague.

He was awarded the golden ball for the last century by the International Federation of Football Statistics (he only died 11 years ago.)

My mate listens to the Football Ramble every week and told me about this guy. An unbelievable scoring record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Bican

Hearts Heritage
1332353975[/url]' post='2791567']

27 goals against your biggest rivals is a decent stat.

Tommy has 29 and Bobby 31

Jardel for Porto, not to mention galatasaray and sporting. Unbelievable jeff

1996?2000 Porto 125 (130)

2000?2001 Galatasaray 24 (22)

2001?2003 Sporting CP 49 (53)

Also was linked with rangers before Porto but due to strict immigration laws was rejected!!

Archived