under 19's lose again

the jambo poet

the jambo poet

just seen the u19s lost against Dunfermline 1-0 ...following their 3.1 defeat by St johnstone....I'm guessing that's them lost the title now unless celtic screw up

broughies tach

Unfortunately Celtic won't slip up If you consider the amount of money they throw at their under 19's it's a good effort by our boys though

Believe 19's are playing Well' tomorrow - 1PM KO at Riccarton

This is correct as far as I'm aware. I'm down in London for the West Ham game & FF is away also so appreciate anyone going along providing updates

just seen the u19s lost against Dunfermline 1-0 ...following their 3.1 defeat by St johnstone....I'm guessing that's them lost the title now unlessCelticc screw up

Surprised with the little dip in form, although good effort all the same against a Celtic youth side that is heavily financed. Still about development into the first team for everyone although it's obviously very difficult with the lack of the traditional stepping-stone platform of a reserve league.

just seen the u19s lost against Dunfermline 1-0 ...following their 3.1 defeat by St johnstone....I'm guessing that's them lost the title now unless celtic screw up

When you consider that they have had to cope with the loss of Jason Holt, David Smith and Jamie Walker for most of the season due to loans or first team duty the young Jambos have had a magnificent season ! It's all about developing players for the first team and I think we are doing not bad right now

:thumbsup:

Believe 19's are playing Well' tomorrow - 1PM KO at Riccarton

Is this definately the correct kick off time.

the hydc site says 12 noon kick off

i was going to head through

Is this definately the correct kick off time.

the hydc site says 12 noon kick off

i was going to head through

???????

Anyone? I don't want to be at this game an hour late/early

Its 1pm defo

With regard to dip in form depends on who you listen to.

cheers mate

there is no doubt 2 defeats counts as a dip in form as we were looking unstoppable for the majority of the season

but there is no doubt we have good reason, the team has lost it's best players to loans and the first team squad

and saturday saw us having to seriously reshuffle with mchattie and mullin suspended and mackay benched

we played some nice stuff and kept the ball well, but dunfermline pressed well and won, unsurprizingly, with a set piece, as they had a centre forward who must have been about 6'4", in fact they were massive in comparison to the hearts team all over the park.

jamboinglasgow

cheers mate

there is no doubt 2 defeats counts as a dip in form as we were looking unstoppable for the majority of the season

but there is no doubt we have good reason, the team has lost it's best players to loans and the first team squad

and saturday saw us having to seriously reshuffle with mchattie and mullin suspended and mackay benched

we played some nice stuff and kept the ball well, but dunfermline pressed well and won, unsurprizingly, with a set piece, as they had a centre forward who must have been about 6'4", in fact they were massive in comparison to the hearts team all over the park.

you dont happen to know what the team line up was (including subs) btw?

you dont happen to know what the team line up was (including subs) btw?

first half

hamilton

c paterson - a murdoch - j mcghee - r stewart

c tobin - c kane - c tapping

s nicholson - d smith - b king

shortly after half time we made a triple substitution and went 3-5-2

hamilton

b mckay - a murdoch - j mcghee

c paterson - a king - c kane - c tapping - b king

d carrick - s nicholson

the best players were the more experienced guys like king, smith, kane, tapping, paterson and mckay when he came on

paterson was hearts man of the match, there were a few good players for dunfermline, was impressed with the croutch look alike up front who gave the far shorter murdoch and mcghee troubles (b mckay looks by far our best centre half). c tobin gave away possession quite a bit and nicholson was quiet, with king posing the greater threat on the other wing.

as i said earlier, Dunfermline were the much taller stronger side it was little surprize the goal was headed in from a corner.

Hearts started slowly with dunfermline playing at a high tempo and getting forward quickly making good use of a striker that looked well over 6 foot.

But hearts settled into the game and kept possession well, being patient and playing everything out, on the ground, building from the back. the goalie only punted it once in the first 85 minutes of the game.

Dunfermline pressed well though throughout and when they forced an error they continued to move forward quickly and directly, creating a few chances and causing worry from set pieces, a good example of how to play against a good patient passing side and were arguably worth thier 1-0 win

the croutch look alike up front who gave the far shorter murdoch and mcghee troubles

Wasn't it also Murdoch's first game back after being out since last April?

Wasn't it also Murdoch's first game back after being out since last April?

it was his first game back, i think mcghee is pretty young and inexperienced at this level also, so to pair up against a massive and pretty useful striker was probably a big ask for the 2 of them

well it was a 12 oclock kick off for a start, so i missed the opening 35 minutes, cheers guys

the first half line up

j hamilton

f mullin - b mckay - c kane - k mchattie

d hopkirk - c tobin - a king

c paterson - c tapping - s nicholson

we went in at half time 1-0 up and from what i could gather we were the better team first half

the first 15 minutes of the second half was pretty even, motherwell scored (davie wasn't paying attention so it could have been a screamer....)

after that we totally dominated play for the remainder of the half, with a mixture of neat passing play and some more direct play with darren getting his full backs and midfielders to play some good through balls to his front 3 who made regular runs in the channels

billy king came off the bench and replaced paterson on the right and almost straight away put us back in the lead, he picked the ball up deep, released hopkirk (could have been tobin) with a through ball out wide, hopkirk got round his man and cut a low driven cross to the back post for billy to finish low into an empty net

ryan stewart then came on for hopkirk (who had been impressive), calum tapping dropped from centre forward back into midfield with stewart replacing him up front

we lost a cheap goal towards the end, motherwell with a free kick, floated in a diagonal to the back post, a group of players challenged for it and one motherwell player got up and knocked it across for someone to knock it in with a header, unmarked from 5 yards

after the final whistle a frustrated darren murray was heard to say "how the **** did they get a point from that?"

good question darren?

a good effort from the lads and unfortunate to walk away without the full 3 points

jamboinglasgow

it was his first game back, i think mcghee is pretty young and inexperienced at this level also, so to pair up against a massive and pretty useful striker was probably a big ask for the 2 of them

Would agree (though at times I have thought that McGhee has looked more confident and solid then you would expect from a 15 year old playing against players 3 or 4 years older them himself), I would say that McKay has established himself very well at the back this season, its no surprise that of the 20 games this season (not including todays one as I dont know the line up) he has started in all bar one and even that one he came on as a sub. Only 1 player has started every game for Hearts this season (again not counting today as I dont know the line-up) and that is Jack Hamilton in goals.

A shame that the season is ending as it has with 2 losses and a draw (the first of the season) in the last 3 games. Will be interesting to see what happens next season, whether it is an under 19 league or under 20.

i think mcghee is pretty young and inexperienced at this level also,

I think he's 15, or at the most 16, are the schools off, or how did he manage to get a day off to play fitba?

:lol:

Would agree (though at times I have thought that McGhee has looked more confident and solid then you would expect from a 15 year old playing against players 3 or 4 years older them himself), I would say that McKay has established himself very well at the back this season, its no surprise that of the 20 games this season (not including todays one as I dont know the line up) he has started in all bar one and even that one he came on as a sub. Only 1 player has started every game for Hearts this season (again not counting today as I dont know the line-up) and that is Jack Hamilton in goals.

A shame that the season is ending as it has with 2 losses and a draw (the first of the season) in the last 3 games. Will be interesting to see what happens next season, whether it is an under 19 league or under 20.

never realised mcghee was so young, it really was a big ask on saturday then

i heard from one of the supporters on saturday that brad mckay had only been dropped due to a minor fall out with darren during the week. but he came on and looked as impressive as ever, he started today and looked composed, he very much looks one of the best of the group, physically he looks as if he could move up and has a bit of everything, a good ball winner both on the deck and in the air, a good organiser and passes the ball quite comfortably

I think he's 15, or at the most 16, are the schools off, or how did he manage to get a day off to play fitba?

:lol:

it was saturday he played bud

it was saturday he played bud

:rolleyes: missed the match report for today and presumed it was today's match that was being talked about.

Have we signed Hopkirk then? Was he here around Christmas/January playing as a trialist, think he's from England.

Or am I getting mixed up, again. :turned:

:rolleyes: missed the match report for today and presumed it was today's match that was being talked about.

Have we signed Hopkirk then? Was he here around Christmas/January playing as a trialist, think he's from England.

Or am I getting mixed up, again. :turned:

http://www.hydc.co.uk/david_hopkirk.html

this lad played today, unsurprizingly getting called hoppy

i thought he was one of the younger lads breaking through, but going by the profile he's actually 19, just signed from hamilton

he played well along with adam king (who is really young)

i wasn't too impressed with the lad tobin though, don't like to be overly critical of these youngsters, but he struggle on saturday and today as well

Every chance it will continue as 19's, Celtic, Rangers and ICT are all against 20's because the SFA youth funding only applies up to u-19 level!

i thought he was one of the younger lads breaking through, but going by the profile he's actually 19, just signed from hamilton

i wasn't too impressed with the lad tobin though, don't like to be overly critical of these youngsters, but he struggle on saturday and today as well

Yep, me getting mixed up again. :teehee:

I remember reading that we had signed 'Hoppy', from Hamilton.

I've seen Tobin play once, thought he did well, kept passing and moving. Quite a small lightweight guy (a bit like Holt) but was tidy in possesion and strong in challenges. Is he not coming back from injury?

Yep, me getting mixed up again. :teehee:

I remember reading that we had signed 'Hoppy', from Hamilton.

I've seen Tobin play once, thought he did well, kept passing and moving. Quite a small lightweight guy (a bit like Holt) but was tidy in possesion and strong in challenges. Is he not coming back from injury?

I recall Derek Ferguson talking this lad up on Sportsound one afternoon, how did we manage to sign him, as he appears to have been a regular in the Accies first team this season, how much did we have to pay for him ?

jamboinglasgow

I recall Derek Ferguson talking this lad up on Sportsound one afternoon, how did we manage to sign him, as he appears to have been a regular in the Accies first team this season, how much did we have to pay for him ?

He left Hamilton in September and has been without a club until he signed for us.

He left Hamilton in September and has been without a club until he signed for us.

Cheers, but I'm right about him playing in Accies first team , he is the same guy I'm thinking about ? The name was definitely Hopkirk or Hopkins.

Really disappointed to hear that about him. His season was ruined by injury so hopefully he is just not fit rather than anything more. His performance against Celtic at the end of last season was one of the finest I've seen at youth level

Tobin lost the ball twice in 45mins on sat, what game were you watching!nobody played well on sat but you chose one player to be critical about.If you "don't like to be over critical" then why criticies one lad!!!easier to say nowt.

maroonnicky

Tobin lost the ball twice in 45mins on sat, what game were you watching!nobody played well on sat but you chose one player to be critical about.If you "don't like to be over critical" then why criticies one lad!!!easier to say nowt.

I agree no need to mention the young lad , I thought he played ok and when he doesn't he works hard anyway also we need to support the young ones through the good games and bad it is all a learning curb for them

you have to agree though guys it's been a great season for the under 19s , yes it's disapointing to run out of steam right at this crucial stage but if you take a step back and see what the young guns have done. So far they are the only side to beat Celtic and they beat them well they were the better side , they have taken all points from the gers and most importantly beat the hibs at riccarton and looking forward to hopefully doing the double.They play some cracking football and you have to give credit to Darren Murray for not dropping his standards and going for the ''long ball game''and playing the youngsters no matter the age.

I agree no need to mention the young lad , I thought he played ok and when he doesn't he works hard anyway also we need to support the young ones through the good games and bad it is all a learning curb for them

you have to agree though guys it's been a great season for the under 19s , yes it's disapointing to run out of steam right at this crucial stage but if you take a step back and see what the young guns have done. So far they are the only side to beat Celtic and they beat them well they were the better side , they have taken all points from the gers and most importantly beat the hibs at riccarton and looking forward to hopefully doing the double.They play some cracking football and you have to give credit to Darren Murray for not dropping his standards and going for the ''long ball game''and playing the youngsters no matter the age.

Totally agree :thumbsup:

Archived