Tynecastle, best stadium.

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Tynecastle--emerges--top.3981289.jp

Tynecastle emerges top of the pile

BARRY ANDERSON

TYNECASTLE was voted the SPL's best away ground last night as Hearts secured an awards double at the inaugural Clydesdale Bank Premier League end of season ceremony.

The club also won best fan initiative for their Magnificent Seven programme, bringing them success in two out of five off-the-field categories at the awards at Kelvingrove Art Gallery in Glasgow.

Tynecastle is awaiting redevelopment but currently has a capacity of more than 17,000 seats. It has functioned to 96 per cent capacity this season.

David Southern, Hearts' marketing and communications director, said: "We believe that Tynecastle is a fantastic arena, and it's superb that our stadium has been recognised in this way. We know that Tynecastle provides a fantastic atmosphere for supporters, but we are also pleased that visiting supporters understand that it is a very safe place to come and watch their team play."

A panel of representatives from Clydesdale Bank, The Sports Business (Premier League marketing partner) and the SPL recognised the club's community commitment following the success of Magnificent Seven.

The scheme began last September as the biggest initiative of its type in Scottish football. Its aim is to educate families about sport and nearly 3000 children from as far south as the borders and as far north as St Andrews signed up and toured Tynecastle. In addition, they met first-team players, received a free Hearts home shirt and two tickets to a match, plus a bag of other gifts.

Hearts' marketing manager Lawrence Broadie commented: "We are very proud to receive this special award. It's recognition that Hearts is totally committed to bringing families and children, in particular, to Tynecastle."

Rudolf's Mate

I can just hear Vlad saying to himself 'I vonder if I could use dis excuse so not to build a new main stand'.

Dr. Bapswent
I can just hear Vlad saying to himself 'I vonder if I could use dis excuse so not to build a new main stand'.

He might say that...would be a bit weird though, as he'd have to put on a German accent.

Dr. Bapswent
Must be a different Tynie, the atmos this season has been rank rotten bar a few games.

Not for away fans.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Not for away fans.

Sadly thats true, suppose it must be a bit of a party when you know that Hearts have Plan A and that it.

Dr. Bapswent
Sadly thats true, suppose it must be a bit of a party when you know that Hearts have Plan A and that it.

And Plan A involves Clum being as good as Wayne Rooney.

Guest S.U.S.S.
And Plan A involves Clum being as good as Wayne Rooney.

Never mind on the park, Off it, Im sure Wayne is a better dancer! At least he dances with burds, sometimes even his own!

Feel free to insert Granny jokes here!

marshallschunkychicken
And Plan A involves Clum being as good as Wayne Sleep.

Changed that for you there....

Maroon 1874
Never mind on the park, Off it, Im sure Wayne is a better dancer! At least he dances with burds, sometimes even his own!

Feel free to insert Granny jokes here![/QUOTE]

Lad say's to his gran "have you seen my pills?.. they were marked LSD"

Gran say's no.. but have you seen the dragons in the kitchen..... BA BOOM TISS

Well, at least we won something this season...

That 'Excellence in Marketing' certificate will look fabulous in the trophy cabinet.

:laugh:

Grumpy mutterings aside, it is actually a great achievement and it did cheer me up slightly to hear that perhaps Tynecastle wasn't really as bad as we thought this season. If the Magnificent Seven thingy hadn't won that other award, we should have been asking questions...

Guest S.U.S.S.
Well, at least we won something this season...

That 'Excellence in Marketing' certificate will look fabulous in the trophy cabinet.

:laugh:

Grumpy mutterings aside, it is actually a great achievement and it did cheer me up slightly to hear that perhaps Tynecastle wasn't really as bad as we thought this season. If the Magnificent Seven thingy hadn't won that other award, we should have been asking questions...

Agreed, the magnificent seven was a great piece of marketing.

Sadly the, Best stadium to go and outsing the home fans award is slightly less impressive.

Buffalo Bill

Iz blame ze Foreign Madonna with ze big boobies; and Robbie Neilson.

GuySiner_AlloAllo.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

I blame The Fallen Madonna myself.

;)

Buffalo Bill

;)

Of course I was being ironic ;)

*note to myself - pay more attention to camp comedies*

Buffalo Bill

Gavsy Van Gaverson

;)

Thats what I thought it was aswell but didn't want to respond in case I was wrong.

:confused:

Buffalo Bill.

Thats what I thought it was aswell but didn't want to respond in case I was wrong.

:confused:

You're normally spot on BB so i had a good think to see if there was any underlying sarcasm/irony in your post...

... but then i realised there wasn't. ;)

p.s. AA is a comedy classic.

Buffalo Bill

But the quote you refer to wasn't in Hi-De-Hi. :sad:

GuySiner_AlloAllo.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Thought that was Les Deans for a second.

I wonder if fans of St Mirren, Dundee United, Rangers, Hibs, Motherwell and ICT all voted for Tynecastle due to the easy victories that they managed to pick up this season.

I'd rather opposition fans hated coming to Tynecastle because it was someone where they always got beat and had to endure a hostile atmosphere.

Marmeladent?rtchen
I wonder if fans of St Mirren, Dundee United, Rangers, Hibs, Motherwell and ICT all voted for Tynecastle due to the easy victories that they managed to pick up this season.

I'd rather opposition fans hated coming to Tynecastle because it was someone where they always got beat and had to endure a hostile atmosphere.

I was thinking it was an ironic award!!! :rolleyes:

Archived