A Question Re New Manager:Have we got a plan B

flecktimus

Read with interest the thread Re Stadium Development and it struck me that perhaps as Hearts supporters we are not concentrating on the correct plan B.

Point is if we do not get the new manager we perceive to be the right manager many good and faithful Hearts supporters are not going to renew there season tickets.I would say this will lead to perhaps a 30% loss in revenue.I think we all know what the consequences could be?.If things do go bad have we as fans got a plan B.

Now i know i am going to get the WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT THING.Well i do have a few suggestions but i think a debate is required first.There may already be Plan B taking place that i personally don't know about and would like to get involved with,perhaps as fans we are just prepared to wait for the worst and then try bolt the door afterwards.

Comments please.

Abuse allowed

Allegedly, though I'm very sceptical

Plan A- McGee

Plan B- Levein

Plan C- Jefferies

Plan D (probably)- Frail

I personally think we will have a quick review decide to go to Plan D!

You forgot Plan E - Billy Brown. :mad:

The coaches at Riccarton seem to think Frail will be given the job.

I would like to know where the Billy Brown thing has come from. Is it just because he's sent his CV in?

I, whilst not a coach at Riccarton, think Frail will get it. Think despite what has been said by others, its been the plan from the start. Be seen to try and appoint someone, however, place terms that mean no self respecting manager would accept.

Therefore status-quo remains. Vlads happy. Just can't see him changing the way he runs the club. Hope to be proved wrong!

I have no reason to think it will be BB - only that he has applied.

Would be very disappointed if Frail gets it.

joe.gausden

Do we have a plan A yet. How long since 1st January statement and still waiting for new manager. If it's gonna be Frail why not just say now then we know where we stand!!

So...if Frail gets the job...then what!

we going to just get on with it?

I will be completely gutted if that happens and I think it will show the contempt Romanov has for the fans!

I feel sick thinking about it to be honest!

I love being a jambo.... and when somone plays around with those feelings for their own satisfaction and because the know they can...then they are ****!

feels like years of torture! for what?

:evilno:

Plan A - A Frail and Brown dream team:eek:

What did Charlie Mann say - it will be someone that will excite the fans.

Blood boil more like

Chad Sexington

I was very confident McGhee would get the gig, now I'm not so sure.

I get the feeling it's plan A- Frail.

If plan A fails, revert to plan A.

Buffalo Bill
Read with interest the thread Re Stadium Development and it struck me that perhaps as Hearts supporters we are not concentrating on the correct plan B.

Point is if we do not get the new manager we perceive to be the right manager many good and faithful Hearts supporters are not going to renew there season tickets.I would say this will lead to perhaps a 30% loss in revenue.I think we all know what the consequences could be?.If things do go bad have we as fans got a plan B.

Now i know i am going to get the WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT THING.Well i do have a few suggestions but i think a debate is required first.There may already be Plan B taking place that i personally don't know about and would like to get involved with,perhaps as fans we are just prepared to wait for the worst and then try bolt the door afterwards.

Comments please.

Abuse allowed

I think the people at Hearts know how we are feeling just now. Appointing a manager is a pretty straightforward task.

Let us hope Vlad does the sensible thing here.

Buffalo Bill

Maroon Mayhem

I just don't buy all the McGhee is a shoe-in stuff.

I think the Rix appointment was an attempt by Romanov to have a Brit fail so that he could justify one (or three is it panned out) of his own.

I now think that Frail will be put out there as a convenient front for some string pullers behind the scenes. The Eastern European coaches don't even have the credibility for DoF roles given how miserably they failed.

Europe will be the goal next season but I feel we will be top six at best and sadly, this will be seen as progress.

Buffalo Bill

If we were to get a McGhee or a Davies in, then I will really be looking forward to next season.

It might not be another 85/86 or an 05/06, but I'd settle for a 95/96.

It's so simple. We all know what is needed and it isn't difficult at all!

JEEZZUS!!!

Buffalo Bill

I think Vlad has plans A through Z..

None of which will be any good because he has proven he wont listen to the fans or media (when they are talking sense at least..)

Complete lack of tactical nouse, player motivation and (meaningful) communication with the fans has left us bottom six for the first time in spl history.

I posted about this time last year that we would be bottom six this year.. not saying i'm some great soothsayer but the signs were there for all to see.

People still had blinkers on though and I was branded a Hobo, idiot etc.. any number of personal attacks.

I will now take this opportunity to sit back and wait for the apologies....

No didn't think any would be forthcoming!!!

I see no reason why we will improve next season either.

Colonel Kurtz
I think Vlad has plans A through Z..

None of which will be any good because he has proven he wont listen to the fans or media (when they are talking sense at least..)

Complete lack of tactical nouse, player motivation and (meaningful) communication with the fans has left us bottom six for the first time in spl history.

I posted about this time last year that we would be bottom six this year.. not saying i'm some great soothsayer but the signs were there for all to see.

People still had blinkers on though and I was branded a Hobo, idiot etc.. any number of personal attacks.

I will now take this opportunity to sit back and wait for the apologies....

No didn't think any would be forthcoming!!!

I see no reason why we will improve next season either.

It will be frail,he is already trying to sign players.

Unless ST renewal is so low that they wouldnt dare.

That's the feeling I am getting.

Coaches at Riccarton seem to think it will be Frail.

I think the people at Hearts know how we are feeling just now. Appointing a manager is a pretty straightforward task.

Let us hope Vlad does the sensible thing here.

Buffalo Bill

What if he doesn't

They might argue that what is the point of a good manager just now if the stadium is constrained, ala what is the point in good players if all you can sell is 16K tickets. So, it might be their idea to stick with frail until new stand is built.

Personally, think this would be a huge mistake.

But, to be honest never mind the manager how about a couple of strikers. No matter the manager, we'll do ***** all without someone to tuck the ball away.

That's the feeling I am getting.

Coaches at Riccarton seem to think it will be Frail.

That's another reason i think it will be Frail,Neil McCann is now a coach at Hearts but would it not have been better to let a new man decide who is part of his coaching staff.Unless of course Frail is already building his backroom now,maybe Brown is coming in as assisstant with Locke as another coach.All old Hearts boys together,same job for Brown much better pay.

Buffalo Bill
What if he doesn't

Then it will just fall apart.

Despite all his money, he'll take to his grave the knowledge that he destroyed a 134 year old football institution.

But let's not worry about that just yet!

Buffalo Bill

Around 30% of JKB have said they will not renew. That is a massive loss of revenue. The question is if Vlad pulls the plug what is our plan B

The Jan 1st statement was clearly an attempt to win the hearts of all supporters ..............and failure to deliver on that will be a clear betrayal, no ifs no buts, and WILL signal the end for many like me !!

Frail doesn't even meet the Jan 1 'criteria' ..............unless you really take the p1sh and claim his Jan - May stint equates to 'British experience'

That is how I would see SF's appointment, and having JUST swung BACK towards renewal on the basis of some encouraging rumours, I may take legal advice on recovering my ST cash if that scenario should come to pass. :evilno:

Then it will just fall apart.

Despite all his money, he'll take to his grave the knowledge that he destroyed a 134 year old football institution.

But let's not worry about that just yet!

Buffalo Bill

You seem to be a very passionate Hearts fan.I didn't think that you would be in the after the horse has bolted plan.

Buffalo Bill
Around 30% of JKB have said they will not renew. That is a massive loss of revenue. The question is if Vlad pulls the plug what is our plan B

If Heart of Midlothian went out of business, then a new business would have to be started.

If it's an 'AFC Heart of Midlothian' senario, then it might help if such a constitutuion is in place before the nail comes down on the coffin.

But that time hasn't come, in my opinion.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
You seem to be a very passionate Hearts fan.I didn't think that you would be in the after the horse has bolted plan.

I'm not sure what you mean there about the horse bolting but yes, I care deeply about Hearts, like 99.9% of all Hearts supporters.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

If Hearts wents *its up tomorrow and we had to start a new club, then I'd nominate Dave McLaren and Portobello Jambo to be our first directors!

Who'll second that?

Buffalo Bill

The statement on Jan 1st was designed to cool the support who were ready for protesting!! it was to buy them some time, well it has bought them almost 5 months.

This is more than enough time to cool the heels of the irked ones and now because so much time has elapsed we are in the position that what would be the point of any action now as we are near the end of the season and a potential candidtae has been touted around as a shoe in for the job....we can not get clarification on that though as the club could not possibly comment on tapping up another clubs manager! win win situation for Romanov!

VR has been systematicaly breaking the support down to a whimper of discontent and acceptance!

Now we are all waiting on the appointment that will "excite the fans" I doubt that very much!

Buffalo Bill
The statement on Jan 1st was designed to cool the support who were ready for protesting!! it was to buy them some time, well it has bought them almost 5 months.

This is more than enough time to cool the heels of the irked ones and now because so much time has elapsed we are in the position that what would be the point of any action now as we are near the end of the season and a potential candidtae has been touted around as a shoe in for the job....we can not get clarification on that though as the club could not possibly comment on tapping up another clubs manager! win win situation for Romanov!

VR has been systematicaly breaking the support down to a whimper of discontent and acceptance!

Now we are all waiting on the appointment that will "excite the fans" I doubt that very much!

Meth, you and I are the same age. We've seen Hearts good for about five or six seasons in our life.

We don't expect to be world beaters.

We just want our club run as best it can. When tick all the boxes, we can have a great season.

Romanov, has to get this one right. If it means waiting until the summer, then so be it. I'm hoping and praying this will happen.

Buffalo Bill

Meth, you and I are the same age. We've seen Hearts good for about five or six seasons in our life.

We don't expect to be world beaters.

We just want our club run as best it can. When tick all the boxes, we can have a great season.

Romanov, has to get this one right. If it means waiting until the summer, then so be it. I'm hoping and praying this will happen.

Buffalo Bill

I just pray it is not Frail ....... please no!

I just pray it is not Frail ....... please no!

This is the problem the poll on JKB is saying 58% will not renew. I just fear that with the fans not having a plan b in place if sugar hits the fan we may have to say cheerio to HMFC.I dont think Vlad will stand the loss of revenue.

Archived