Kevin Kyle

Marooned In Oz

Marooned In Oz

Will never forget me and my mates who were over from Australia taking them to their first hearts game. They couldn't believe the atmosphere in section G. (Highlight of their trip apparently!).

Thanks for the memories.

jamboinglasgow

Bit of a weird one, guess he feels he doesn't want to burden Hearts with his wages until the summer so has agreed to a termination. Hopefully he can get fit, shine in pre-season and get a pay as you play contract for us and bang the goals in again.

So lets hope this is not a goodbye but a see you soon.

Rick Grimes

:(

Terrible news. Hopefully he'll get himself back to football fitness but its more important that he doesn't do himself long term damage for the rest of his life. All the best, Kevin.

All the best to the big man!

Thanks for that goal against the vermin and for also knocking Ian Murrays 2 front teeth out :thumbsup:

Gutted at this news :(

Bit out the blue after his comments at the weekend! Didn't see that coming at all

KK: "All going well, when I get back fit, I'll have the opportunity to do a pre-season here in the summer and perhaps earn the chance to play again for the club, maybe on a pay-as-you play kind of deal."

All the best big guy. Look forward to seeing you back next season. I hope that they keep the number 9 jersey free for him.

"I would like to thank the club as a whole for looking after me and trying to get me back fit," Kevin told Hearts News.

"I'd also like to thank the fans for taking to me and for making myself and my family feel so welcome during my time here. Their support was really appreciated.

"All going well, when I get back fit, I'll have the opportunity to do a pre-season here in the summer and perhaps earn the chance to play again for the club, maybe on a pay-as-you play kind of deal.

"That's a wee bit in the future but hopefully the fans haven't seen the last of me as a Hearts player."

Hannibal Lecter

Bit out the blue but the last part of the statement seems encouraging and hopefully it wont be the last we see of him in a Hearts strip.

The Old Tolbooth

Very noble thing for the guy to do, I really wish him all the best and hope he returns in some capacity at the club, fingers crossed he gets his coaching badges because the passion he shows would rub off on any team he managed.

After his weekend comments, this seems to be another weird twist on the Romanov rollercoaster.

jack D and coke

Big favourite of mine Kev was. He reacted like how i think i would react if i scored for us. Took to him big time. All the best big man, I'd love to see you in maroon again.

Reads like he's just not going to take a wage whilst he recovers, with the hope of convincing PS he deserves a deal when he is fit again. If so, he deserves a lot of praise. If it doesn't pan out like that, I hope he still makes a full recovery and goes on to play elsewhere.

Really really hooe the big man can get himself back to fitness and earn another crack at playing for us. He deserves it after the effort he put in from when he joined us and the way in which he conducts himself. A really likeable guy from the outside looking in.

Boab Mugabe

Sounds as though he doesn't want to take a wage from Hearts if he can't contribute which is admirable. He could have dragged his feet like a couple of others who were offered out from their contracts.

I really hope he does well in pre-season for us.

:( gutted,

however this part gives me hope

"All going well, when I get back fit, I'll have the opportunity to do a pre-season here in the summer and perhaps earn the chance to play again for the club, maybe on a pay-as-you play kind of deal.

"That's a wee bit in the future but hopefully the fans haven't seen the last of me as a Hearts player."

:thumbsup:

"...hopefully the fans haven't seen the last of me as a Hearts player."

I hope I've not either, Mr Kyle.

I love Kev :(

Ray Winstone

How long until Hibs fans are creaming themselves over the prospect of signing him after a dodgy rumour is started?

mahgrassyshoes

Gutting, but not too unexpected.

Big personality who came in when Hearts were short on them and gave the club a massive lift. Would love to see him back on a PAYP contract next season. My fingers are crossed for him.

Say What Again

All the best Big Man.

Will never forget your New Year goal or Facebook comment about Ian Murray :thumbsup:

Very noble thing for the guy to do, I really wish him all the best and hope he returns in some capacity at the club, fingers crossed he gets his coaching badges because the passion he shows would rub off on any team he managed.

I agree totally with this. He could have been the captain if he had remained fit.

I wonder if playing him in the StJ cup tie last season was a gamble too far. We have not been the same team since he got injured.

rossthejambo

Bit of a weird one, guess he feels he doesn't want to burden Hearts with his wages until the summer so has agreed to a termination. Hopefully he can get fit, shine in pre-season and get a pay as you play contract for us and bang the goals in again.

So lets hope this is not a goodbye but a see you soon.

I really hope so.

Top notch from the guy though cutting his contract short to save us some cash. A lot of respect for him and really hope he gets a chance to come back from this.

:sob:

Dean Winchester

:( Really was hoping to see him play with Beattie.

Hopefully we'll see it next season...

:sob: :sob:

All the best Big Man.

Will never forget your New Year goal or Facebook comment about Ian Murray :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I have forgotten this.

What did he say again?

Woah, wasn't expecting that. Jings. There you are standing in the sandwich shop queue checking JKB on your phone and wham, one of your favourite players is gone. Just like that... :oldsad:

I have a bit of a lump in my throat. What a ninny. It is sad though, Kev & Hearts made a cracking couple.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

:sob:

All the best Kevin, hope you get better and that you can join us for pre-season as you said on Sunday

Some great moments in the few months you played for us, most notably the goal vs the vermin 1.1.11

:yas:

Bang goes the Kyle/Beattie dream combo :verymad:

All the best big fella, hope you manage to get over the injury hell.

Really bad news, hope he can help us in the future.

Weird timing of an announcement.

Perhaps this means Beattie will sign a longer contract.

Absolutely gutted. Favourite player to turn out in a Hearts shirt for years. His work rate was fantastic, and his presence up front was fantastic. Defenders were feared to go near him! His penalty taking was amazing.

However, the news of "All going well, when I get back fit, I'll have the opportunity to do a pre-season here in the summer and perhaps earn the chance to play again for the club, maybe on a pay-as-you play kind of deal." maybe isn't as clear cut as it seems. It sounds like nothing like this has been confirmed by the club to him, but he's hoping for it.

I seriously hope that the club offer him this. The man loves the club, and when fit, will do us a turn. He played through injury for weeks for us, so that shows his levels of commitment to us.

Hopefully we'll see him back in the number 9 shirt before the start of 2012/13 season! :thumbsup:

It gave me a wee wam glow inside to see him in the studio for the game at the weekend, talking so enthusiastically about gettin back to play for us. I hope he does. genuinely good *****.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Clever stuff again Mr Fedotovas....:thumbsup:

Would Mr Romanov have given the go ahead to sign Beattie and KK in the summer with a serious chance KK might not make it ?

This way I hope it opens the financial door to be able to sign Beattie on a permenant and KK if and when he can prove his fitness.

Great stuff Hearts and kudos to KK for agreeing.......:thumbsup:

Archived