Steve Banks

flem

Got to say, I am not the biggest fan of Banks. I think folk go over the top about his ability.

However, I have go to say that, whilst he didn't have much to do that I think he prepared perfectly yesterday and made it look easier than it was.

He obvioulsy did his homework on hibs beforehand as he was practicing stops on low ground drives for ages before the game and during the match that proved to be where most of the (admittedly little) threat seemed to come from.

I also thought his distribution and communication was first class.

All in all, as a keeper, I dont think he could have done any more for us yesterday.

Well done Banks.

(still think you are too short though)

Totally disagree. Banks does give confidence to an already nervous defence but his kicking out is very poor. How many times did his kicks land near Driver who had Jones marking him.

I'd agree with Blackislejambo, Banksy isnt the greatest keeper in terms of natural ability. But his professionalism, commitment, and experience are all top notch. The guy has obviously worked very very hard through his career and deserves the plaudits hes getting.

His communication is brilliant and the back 4 always look a lot more organised when Banksy plays.

There is no keeper that you can ever say with 100% certainty that they wont make a clanger, but its pretty hard to imagine Banks making one. Thats all down to concentration.

Also was good to see his sportsmanship when he had a word with the clown of a ref to possibly save Fletcher from a booking. At a time when it seems everyone is lining up to take a pop at Heart (and we usually oblige by making ourselves easy targets!) acts like this should be highlighted and applauded.

Top man Banksy, well done.

maltese jambo
I'd agree with Blackislejambo, Banksy isnt the greatest keeper in terms of natural ability. But his professionalism, commitment, and experience are all top notch. The guy has obviously worked very very hard through his career and deserves the plaudits hes getting.

His communication is brilliant and the back 4 always look a lot more organised when Banksy plays.

There is no keeper that you can ever say with 100% certainty that they wont make a clanger, but its pretty hard to imagine Banks making one. Thats all down to concentration.

Also was good to see his sportsmanship when he had a word with the clown of a ref to possibly save Fletcher from a booking. At a time when it seems everyone is lining up to take a pop at Heart (and we usually oblige by making ourselves easy targets!) acts like this should be highlighted and applauded.

Top man Banksy, well done.

Nutshell.

Archived