Today's pricing

Fenerjambo

I forked out ?35 yesterday for myself and 2 daughters (both u12) today which wasn't too bad. My Uncle then phoned me to say that he'd been charged ?45 for him and his 14 year old niece?! Absolutely shocking and no wonder less than 9000 turned up. The game is Live on a terrestrial channel and is a 1230 kick off?! Greed, sheer greed and no wonder punters are giving matches a no go these days especially for the goods returned. :angry::down:

I forked out ?35 yesterday for myself and 2 daughters (both u12) today which wasn't too bad. My Uncle then phoned me to say that he'd been charged ?45 for him and his 14 year old niece?! Absolutely shocking and no wonder less than 9000 turned up. The game is Live on a terrestrial channel and is a 1230 kick off?! Greed, sheer greed and no wonder punters are giving matches a no go these days especially for the goods returned. :angry::down:

I was going to go and arranged to buy myself and father-in-law tickets online last night - until I noticed it was on BBC1! The price was going to be ?25 + admin fee (whatever that is) - so best part of ?30 + the cost of driving in etc and that assumes I didn't spend any money in the stadium. It's just not value for money I'm afraid, it's as simple as that.

hmfc4life1991

The prices went up by ?5 today for people buying them. it was ?25 an adult if bought in advance, ?30 on the day. But yeah it is shocking to charge that much for a game thats on TV

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Have a look at the thread titled as today's attendance. Bit of a debate about the pricing on there.

For what's it worth, I posted this as part of a post on that thread and it's relevant here:

"Secondly, the Spurs first leg was on TV aye? How much was a ticket for that, ?35? Folk using the ticket prices for today as an excuse not to go but went to the Spurs game are being hypocritical, who cares if you got to see Bale, Van Der Vaart or whoever? It's the same thing at the end of the day. A Hearts game, an important one and today's was a hell of a lot more important than the Spurs game."

The excuses being rolled out for not going are not valid in my eyes.

I reckon they shouldve lowered the prices- high prices and low attendance or high attendance with cheaper prices? I reckon theres a point where you could get more into tynie and make the same amount of money if the prices were high.

yabadabadoo1874again

Half empty stadium. Got the prices badly wrong for a quarter final. Talk about shooting ourself in the foot. Clowns.

Do The Dance

Thing is there was no conclusion to todays match, it was effectively pointless. 30 quid for that is steep, why is there a different price between today and before anyway?

Not blaming Hearts, but ticket pricing in Scotland has once again been shown as ridiculous.

Have a look at the thread titled as today's attendance. Bit of a debate about the pricing on there.

For what's it worth, I posted this as part of a post on that thread and it's relevant here:

"Secondly, the Spurs first leg was on TV aye? How much was a ticket for that, ?35? Folk using the ticket prices for today as an excuse not to go but went to the Spurs game are being hypocritical, who cares if you got to see Bale, Van Der Vaart or whoever? It's the same thing at the end of the day. A Hearts game, an important one and today's was a hell of a lot more important than the Spurs game."

The excuses being rolled out for not going are not valid in my eyes.

todays attendance says it all,no need for excuses or any moral high ground.scottish football is getting the pricing structure badly wrong,especially when the game is being transmitted live on terrestrial tv........................

?30 quid for a walk up today was a feckin' liberty,the end!

Better call Saul

Wtf you talking about.

Extra few quid spent supporting your team and folk are moaning like this , yet we can waste money smoking and drinking everyweek and just accept it .

Lochend Brazil

Wonder how many folk complain about ticket prices but smoke their lungs out ....

One concurs. Along with the mince pie suppers and the gala bingo nights, followed by a lean cuisine tv dinner. Get yer gear in order.

Scottish football wonders why its dying a death. This is one main reason. Hopefully the reply is a little more sensibly priced. I think if they had charged ?10 in advance and ?15 on the door it would of been full, or near enough, this also generating the same kind of gate receipt money and more punters buying food etc in the ground.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I paid ?20 for me and my 8 year old step son. Bought them when they first came out. Bargain!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

todays attendance says it all,no need for excuses or any moral high ground.scottish football is getting the pricing structure badly wrong,especially when the game is being transmitted live on terrestrial tv........................

?30 quid for a walk up today was a feckin' liberty,the end!

Did you go today?

Did you go to the Spurs game?

south morocco

at the end of the day fans who did not turn up missed a decent scottish cup quarter final

Not the ones who watched it free on tv in the pub etc, they are better off ,sad fact whether you agree or not

Problem Officer?

Not the ones who watched it free on tv in the pub etc, they are better off ,sad fact whether you agree or not

Even though they probably spent in excess of what the ticket prices were at the pub? :cornette:

What a lot of p**h being spouted regarding prices on here.

The club have went out their way this season with the early bird prices yet again :thumbsup:

Cost me ?20 and both my under 12 sons went FREE, I'm sure last round they were also FREE

Well done Hearts- Keep up the good work and i'll keep buying early :whistling:

Even though they probably spent in excess of what the ticket prices were at the pub? :cornette:

I'm pretty sure folk are entitled to spend their money on whatever they like, but I might have missed a meeting.

It's up to clubs to set a price that folk are willing to pay. Season ticket culture has meant they are taking far more money off people than ever before and now instead of missing a meaningless league match, which is what happened 20 years ago, people save cash by

missing cup games. I'd love to have seen a full house, but if people don't want to pay it, that's a perfectly valid choice.

Tommy Wiseau

Scottish football wonders why its dying a death. This is one main reason. Hopefully the reply is a little more sensibly priced. I think if they had charged ?10 in advance and ?15 on the door it would of been full, or near enough, this also generating the same kind of gate receipt money and more punters buying food etc in the ground.

They did this earlier in the tournament and no fecker turned up then either. Must have found a different excuse other than ticket prices :rolleyes:

The club have went out their way this season with the early bird prices yet again :thumbsup:

Cost me ?20 and both my under 12 sons went FREE, I'm sure last round they were also FREE

Piece of piss to blame the club when you can't be arsed to go yourself, basically - the ticket prices have been fair enough for the cup games this season. Think the walk-up price was very steep, but if you got off your hoop and bought them in advance there was no issue (this does not include the odd person who thought they were working but got the day off last minute etc, although these people will be in a very small minority).

Wonder how many folk complain about ticket prices but smoke their lungs out ....

Me,20 a day,not the money,ive spent shitloads following the gorgie but ?30 on matchday???

Nelly Terraces

I dunked my kit-kat into my coffee (that's how I roll) just as St Mingin equalised.

It cushioned the blow. I felt sorry for the crowd today. They didn't have that cushion.

The last quarter final I attended was 49,000

Semi final was 65,000 approx, same for replay

Final 132,000

Sure appreciate the old days

The pricing structure was good. If fans are moaning about cost, they only have themselves to blame.

I thought it was cheap as chips. World-class match at that price was a snip. :verysmug:

People who 'aren't interested in cup games' :facepalm: they are the only games that matter as they are the competitions we actually have a chance of winning!!!!

Catch 22, money required to pay wages, income through the gate = high prices.

Low money through the gate = lower wages = poorer players = poorer team.

Unless you have a wealthy owner who wants to invest, or high TV deals and sponsors like in England.

Surely if the game is live on TV, the money taken from that should be used to offset the high prices.

We'd have been much better off trying to attract a further 5000 fans by dropping ticket prices OR refusing to show the game on TV.

132goals1958

The last quarter final I attended was 49,000

Semi final was 65,000 approx, same for replay

Final 132,000

Sure appreciate the old days

And that semi final replay was on a Wednesday afternoon and amongst that crowd I had to bump in to my technical drawing teacher.

Agree 100%

Governor Tarkin

Not me. Due to being between jobs I had a budget of ?25 for my weekends entertainment. Had the game been on at 3 o'clock and not on the telly I probably would've gone. Instead I got to see the game AND enjoy 8 pints In the company of a bunch of mates in the same boat. No brainer really. You can ram that cornette face right up yer hoop.

132goals1958

The pricing structure was good. If fans are moaning about cost, they only have themselves to blame.

As a senior citizen I managed to book my own seat for only ?10

yabadabadoo1874again

Surely if the game is live on TV, the money taken from that should be used to offset the high prices.

We'd have been much better off trying to attract a further 5000 fans by dropping ticket prices OR refusing to show the game on TV.

This exactly.

Epic fail on pricing.

Terrible excuse not to go. People will happily pay it for the next two rounds if we get through and they will be on tv. I'd have paid more personally, its the quarter finals of the cup. People just couldn't be bothered and using pricing to justify their non attendance is just a load of bollocks

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

You can't just moan at Hearts for getting the pricing 'wrong'. Both clubs need to agree on the prices, maybe it was similar to last year and we wanted to charge lower prices but St Mirren insisted on higher prices and to save closing a stand again we obliged?

Did you go today?

Did you go to the Spurs game?

comparing the two games is futile ian,its about supply and demand..............

we could have sold another 5k tickets for the spurs game easily , you can argue the toss all you like but the attendance for yesterdays game says it all..................

its not just about season ticket holders getting a good deal,the game being live on the bbc called for a different strategy.tynecastle should have been packed to the lafters with both season ticket holders and fair weather fans,cause by god do hearts and scottish football in general need the fair weather fans back.......................

simple structure of ?15 adult, ?5 all kids would be the starting point of a debate in my eyes,given the game was live on tv,possibly ?20adult if it wasn't.live tv will always affect attendances in scotland and all the uber fans out there need to get realistic,its not just about the hardcores point of view as yesterdays attendance sadly proved..........................

Shocking pricing.

When we had some real quality players and were playing really well in 2006 the cup games were far cheaper...now we are complete and utter dross and there is a large recession an we are being charged ?25 to ?30.

This is the big issue for Scottish football. ?20 and ?10 or actually even ?15 and ?5 is the most the product is worth. It is only when bog standard average footballers get their wages down from the ?3000 to ?15000 a week to what their worth will we see pricing return to reality.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

comparing the two games is futile ian,its about supply and demand..............

we could have sold another 5k tickets for the spurs game easily , you can argue the toss all you like but the attendance for yesterdays game says it all..................

its not just about season ticket holders getting a good deal,the game being live on the bbc called for a different strategy.tynecastle should have been packed to the lafters with both season ticket holders and fair weather fans,cause by god do hearts and scottish football in general need the fair weather fans back.......................

simple structure of ?15 adult, ?5 all kids would be the starting point of a debate in my eyes,given the game was live on tv,possibly ?20adult if it wasn't.live tv will always affect attendances in scotland and all the uber fans out there need to get realistic,its not just about the hardcores point of view as yesterdays attendance sadly proved..........................

Going by that I will say you didn't go yesterday but went to the Spurs game, correct?

I think it's a fair point I'm trying to make. Fair enough the Spurs game was a once in a lifetime game but we didn't have a hope in hell of winning it. How many folk complained about paying ?35 a ticket? Not many I'm guessing.

Yesterday's game was our biggest of the season, and it's very disappointing that so many folk didn't bother going. The pricing is a poor excuse. The same people who are complaining about the pricing for yesterday's game will be the first to complain about not being able to get a ticket for the semi final if we get there.

Some folk are making a valid point, we had about three weeks to buy a ticket at a discounted price. Too many fans left it to the last minute and are using the pricing as an excuse for doing so. It's not good enough in my eyes. The team needs all the support they can get, the club needs the money and fans should be doing everything they can to buy tickets. If you can't afford it then fine, but don't moan if you can go but choose not to.

Going by that I will say you didn't go yesterday but went to the Spurs game, correct?

I think it's a fair point I'm trying to make. Fair enough the Spurs game was a once in a lifetime game but we didn't have a hope in hell of winning it. How many folk complained about paying ?35 a ticket? Not many I'm guessing.

Yesterday's game was our biggest of the season, and it's very disappointing that so many folk didn't bother going. The pricing is a poor excuse. The same people who are complaining about the pricing for yesterday's game will be the first to complain about not being able to get a ticket for the semi final if we get there.

Some folk are making a valid point, we had about three weeks to buy a ticket at a discounted price. Too many fans left it to the last minute and are using the pricing as an excuse for doing so. It's not good enough in my eyes. The team needs all the support they can get, the club needs the money and fans should be doing everything they can to buy tickets. If you can't afford it then fine, but don't moan if you can go but choose not to.

you make a couple of good points there and perhaps,if hearts hands were tied by st mirren re the pricing they could have been a bit more pro-active,ie alloting semi tickets to anyone going yesterday etc.that may have induced people into giving the tv a miss and paying the cash and go..................

i say again though you need to forget your mindset,which is admirable non the less and think of the fair weather supporters out there.they are the people hearts must try to get through the doors.sit and watch it on tv or pay 30 notes with no guarentee of a semi final ticket,the crowd would suggest most of the hoi polloi chose the former....................

unless you were a season ticket holder/die-hard the pricing structure/marketing was all wrong in the current climate,with the match being televised live on the bbc.its a shame but the reality is these crowds will be a thing of the future for similar games unless we get the price/marketing right,especially when live tv is involved.................

Archived