Edinburgh Wedding Venues

Legend Claws

Legend Claws

Hello!

So if you are married where did you tie the knot?

I am looking for a venue for a civil/humanist ceremony and the websites out there are terrible. And as we are currently over here it is hard to get info other than said sites.

Fancy getting married in a nice traditional venue and having the reception elsewhere. Most likely in Edinburgh/Borders/East Lothian maybe even Fife.

Any help would be grand!

BB

My brother got marrried at the mansion house at the zoo. Lovely setting outside. There was a humanist wedding the next day. Think it was the first one so a bit of a fuss about it then..

dodethejambo

Took the plunge at 'The Quayside' in Musselburgh, married in one of the function rooms, photos on the beach (from a certain angle it looks like Barbados ;) , then back to the function room for reception

Hello!

So if you are married where did you tie the knot?

I am looking for a venue for a civil/humanist ceremony and the websites out there are terrible. And as we are currently over here it is hard to get info other than said sites.

Fancy getting married in a nice traditional venue and having the reception elsewhere. Most likely in Edinburgh/Borders/East Lothian maybe even Fife.

Any help would be grand!

BB

The Atrium restaurant. Had the ceremony, meal and reception there so no need to waste drinking time by moving venues. ;) They did a great job. Incidentally, weather permitting they will take you onto the roof to get pics with Edinburgh Castle in the background.

As long as you can handle seeing your ma and da in gimp suits the S&M dungeon off the high street will do it.

The Atrium restaurant. Had the ceremony, meal and reception there so no need to waste drinking time by moving venues. ;) They did a great job. Incidentally, weather permitting they will take you onto the roof to get pics with Edinburgh Castle in the background.

I would agree. I went to a wedding there a couple of years ago and it was excellent.

Avoid the Queensferry Hotel in North Queensferry like the plague. We were at wedding reception there last weekend. I had to keep my coat on the whole time cos it was freezing. The buffet (?8 a head) consisted of cold sausage rolls, stale rolls, turkey twizzlers and doritos.

The fireworks over the bridge were the highight of the night.

I would agree. I went to a wedding there a couple of years ago and it was excellent.

They even did bacon and blackpudding rolls etc around midnight to soak up some of the alcohol. ;)

Married at the zoo then on to tynecastle for reception, we have some cracking photos on the pitch. My favourite is where the boys had to stand in the technical area berating the team whilst mrs macd sat on the bench looking bored...

Avoid the Queensferry Hotel in North Queensferry like the plague. We were at wedding reception there last weekend. I had to keep my coat on the whole time cos it was freezing. The buffet (?8 a head) consisted of cold sausage rolls, stale rolls, turkey twizzlers and doritos.

The fireworks over the bridge were the highight of the night.

Thats a shame pam, I had my wedding reception in there back in 1999 and I had a cracking night, and the buffet was a lot cheaper, and the staff were really helpful, but then it was a few years ago and I guess the management has changed(as has my marital status. lol)

heartgarfunkel

Inchcolm Abbey Chapterhouse. There's bevvy on the boat out and back, a boozer right at the quayside (Hawes Inn), and you can take your own sauce onto the island. Had the reception at the Houston House Hotel, top service, stayed in the old castle bit.

Andrew doesn't mess around and takes care of every aspect of functions.

However if you go around the corner onto Castle Terrace there is a church that will do non religious services. I can't remember it's name but will walk past it tomorrow and post.

We used the Assembly Rooms. No complaints and a lovely venue. Rates by the hour and a choice of rooms.

Got married in January and had our reception at the George Hotel. Fantastic venue and the main hall has recently been renovated. I know you can get married there as well.

Legend Claws
As long as you can handle seeing your ma and da in gimp suits the S&M dungeon off the high street will do it.

Cheers. Bawbag.

;)

Legend Claws
Andrew doesn't mess around and takes care of every aspect of functions.

However if you go around the corner onto Castle Terrace there is a church that will do non religious services. I can't remember it's name but will walk past it tomorrow and post.

We used the Assembly Rooms. No complaints and a lovely venue. Rates by the hour and a choice of rooms.

Thanks for that Taz, would quite like a church but not sure about the rules with regards to humanist/civil services.

Thanks to all for the info keep it coming!

Instead of going through all the hassle and grief, why don't you simply meet a woman you don't like and buy her a house. ;)

we got married @ Tynecastle nearly a year ago and over all it was a great day and the cost was very surprising compared to other places ( a lot cheaper), We got married pitch side,reception in gorgie suite,meal in same and then the disco at night was in the second half of the gorgie suite excellent day/night.

heartgarfunkel
Instead of going through all the hassle and grief, why don't you simply meet a woman you don't like and buy her a house. ;)

like it;)

A pal of mine who posts on here had a great wedding reception a few years back in the Edinburgh Merchant Halls in Hanover Street over the road from Milne's. Very grand place, absolutely gorgeous

Legend Claws
like it;)

A pal of mine who posts on here had a great wedding reception a few years back in the Edinburgh Merchant Halls in Hanover Street over the road from Milne's. Very grand place, absolutely gorgeous

Cheers mate will look in to that.

Anyone been to a wedding at The Hub?

chester copperpot

Went to a cracking wedding reception down in South Queensferry. It was called the Orocco Pier.

The wedding party were a bunch of tossers :rolleyes:, and the guests were a harem of jakeballs, but the venue was just superb.

Legend Claws
Went to a cracking wedding reception down in South Queensferry. It was called the Orocco Pier.

The wedding party were a bunch of tossers :rolleyes:, and the guests were a harem of jakeballs, but the venue was just superb.

Thanks have been looking in to that place. How was the food?

Archived