Boots for Sunday league?

Alan_R

Wee question.

Now firstly I have football boots but when playing sunday league would you get away with wearing astro trainers providing ground was firm and they had decent grip?

Highly unlikely the ref would check at this level but is it actually allowed?

The Great Khali

Boy in my team tried it last season and was told to GTF. Probably depends on the ref mate. Some of them are proper *****

I once watched a game at Meadowmill and I swear to God one of the subs turned up late and tried to come on wearing golf shoes!

:facepalm:

cheers guys.

Just wonder the logic for it not being allowed? Not causing anyone harm.

The toes of my astro pumas are flatter as opposed to the more pointed shape of most football boots, for some reason I find I play better in them.

Paulie Walnut

There are no rules preventing you wearing them. Its up to the ref if he allows you to wear them during his pre match inspection. I have worn them a few times and profession players use them on 3g/4g in europe at times.

I don't see why not.

I normally take boots and astro trainers when I play football.

If the pitch is dry as hell- wearing boots is idiotic.

No ref should stop you wearing them.

Boot inspections are to make sure that studs are in good order, ie not showing any metal or sharp edges that can cause injury to opponents.

Wearing any kind of trainers is the players own call.

Can't believe some of the answers on here.

No ref should stop you wearing them.

Boot inspections are to make sure that studs are in good order, ie not showing any metal or sharp edges that can cause injury to opponents.

Wearing any kind of trainers is the players own call.

Can't believe some of the answers on here.

:spoton:

Mr Brightside

Wee question.

Now firstly I have football boots but when playing sunday league would you get away with wearing astro trainers providing ground was firm and they had decent grip?

Highly unlikely the ref would check at this level but is it actually allowed?

Slightly off topic but I remember hearing someone say that Eric Cantona used to wear Astros as he got a better feel of the ball than normal boots.

Can't see why you couldn't wear them for Sunday league as you are not putting anyone else in danger.

Archived