Romanov Yet To Decide

jumpship

talk107

Hearts won't find out until later this week if Vladimir Romanov will attend the club's Annual General Meeting on Friday. The owner is due to be at the SPL match against St Mirren at Tynecastle 24 hours later. However the Russian-born Lithuanian is not on the board of Hearts and therefore not required to be in attendance at the AGM.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
talk107

Hearts won't find out until later this week if Vladimir Romanov will attend the club's Annual General Meeting on Friday. The owner is due to be at the SPL match against St Mirren at Tynecastle 24 hours later. However the Russian-born Lithuanian is not on the board of Hearts and therefore not required to be in attendance at the AGM.

Romanov is not on the board of Hearts ?

That trip to the opticians has done me the world of good as all of a sudden I can read the text from the other side of the room. :)

Buffalo Bill
Nope. AND they've sacked Burley....

;)

What?!

When the hell did this happen?!

Buffalo Bill

RockyBalboa
That trip to the opticians has done me the world of good as all of a sudden I can read the text from the other side of the room. :)

:)

Commander Harris
talk107

lol - has donkey been reading our pedantic semantic threads? :D

What?!

When the hell did this happen?!

Buffalo Bill

It was in today's Peebles Gazette;)

alwaysthereinspirit
Nope. AND they've sacked Burley....

;)

Yeah right.

Next you'll be telling us a sex offender might be in line for the job.

Over my Russian furry hat.

lol - has donkey been reading our pedantic semantic threads? :D

He said it on the radio and I thought the same.

So haha rudi or whoever it was.:P

Yeah right.

Next you'll be telling us a sex offender might be in line for the job.

Over my Russian furry hat.

TBH I think him turning up or not will be a huge sign.

If he turns up after this seasons shambles then I'd be encouraged, if not, well...

talk107

I have read all your posts and something is not quite right.

:105years::106Final::107years:

Not one thing positive about the Hearts.:mad:

jambos are go!
Has he ever gone to AGM's?

He certainly attended either an AGM or an EGM in CPRs latter stages. Got a huge welcome and huge press turn out IIRC.

Rick Grimes
talk107

sorry, could you repeat that? couldn't quite make it out...

He certainly attended either an AGM or an EGM in CPRs latter stages. Got a huge welcome and huge press turn out IIRC.

That doesn't surprise me - the adulation-lover ...

Slightly different these days.

portobellojambo1
Romanov is not on the board of Hearts ?

Romanov is not on the board of Heart of Midlothian FC, nor is he a shareholder as far as I am aware, my understanding is his shareholding was transferred into the name of UBIG. I suspect after Friday's AGM his son will no longer be on the board of HMFC either.

Romanov is not on the board of Heart of Midlothian FC, nor is he a shareholder as far as I am aware, my understanding is his shareholding was transferred into the name of UBIG. I suspect after Friday's AGM his son will no longer be on the board of HMFC either.

I have a recurring nightmare that Rodney is away doing his professional coaching badges and he's going to be unveiled at the AGM as the new head coach with SF as assistant.

Jambof3tornado

What leads you to suspect this PortieJ?? Is it just a gut feeling or have you inside info??:eek:

Terrible Trio
I have a recurring nightmare that Rodney is away doing his professional coaching badges and he's going to be unveiled at the AGM as the new head coach with SF as assistant.

bonnet de douche :eek:

Your right - he won't. Exiled to some bottling plant in Bosnia I think.

Sergi Fedotvas (sp) and Campbell Ogilvie will run the show on Friday - if VR does not turn up.

I was hoping CO would be elected onto the board but I have heard that this will not happen.

Pity.

If VR does come then i would be more encouraged about things than if he doesn't - if that makes sense.

Your right - he won't. Exiled to some bottling plant in Bosnia I think.

Sergi Fedotvas (sp) and Campbell Ogilvie will run the show on Friday - if VR does not turn up.

I was hoping CO would be elected onto the board but I have heard that this will not happen.

Pity.

If VR does come then i would be more encouraged about things than if he doesn't - if that makes sense.

Agree.

Also, I think I'd rather have Sergejus(sp) on the board than RR. Talks a better game.

Say What Again

Sadly Bill, that would not surprise me :(

On another note, why is Vlad 'A Russian born Lithuanian'? Doesn't being 'Russian born' just make you Russian? Has he taken Lithuanian citizenship? I'm born in Edinburgh but if I was based in Italy does that make me a Scots born Italian? :confused:

It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference, I just wondered.

jambos are go!
Agree.

Also, I think I'd rather have Sergejus(sp) on the board than RR. Talks a better game.

s

He'll have to do very well to emulate the routing RR gave his critics at last years AGM. More Driscoll Brothers that Rodney if you know what I mean.

s

He'll have to do very well to emulate the routing RR gave his critics at last years AGM. More Driscoll Brothers that Rodney if you know what I mean.

Nope no idea.

Assuming its an Only Fools and Horses reference though.

Fedotovas seems far more professional and suited to the job IMO.

When I saw the title of the thread I had a vision of Tommy Cooper saying 'arse , elbow : elbow , arse'.

Doubtless he won't turn up so as to avoid awkward questions like :

What does Rodney Romanov do ?

What is the five year plan , are we on/off track ?

When do we move to City Park ?

etc, etc.

Sadly Bill, that would not surprise me :(

On another note, why is Vlad 'A Russian born Lithuanian'? Doesn't being 'Russian born' just make you Russian? Has he taken Lithuanian citizenship? I'm born in Edinburgh but if I was based in Italy does that make me a Scots born Italian? :confused:

It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference, I just wondered.

If you swore the requisite oath and took an Italian passport then yes you would indeed be a Scottish born Italian as opposed to an ex-pat. In the same way that Arnold Schwarzenegger is an Austrian born American.

Apparently SNP policy is to offer Scottish Citizenship to everybody who is resident on independence day meaning that my wife would become an English-Born Scot like JK Rowling only without the money.

John Gentleman

Reverse the scenario and think of the number of Scots resident in England (and others, like me, in further-flung places). Presumably "we" wouldn't be offered Scottish nationality in the event of an independent Scotland? Therefore every Scot resident in, say, England would become a 'Scottish born Englishman' (or Englishwoman). That'll go down well.

Only the kilted Tories could think of that yin.......

The man can leave the country, but the country can't leave the man.

What are the resolutions to be voted on at the AGM?

It will be interesting if they attempt to raise the level of borrowing to above ?40M which was agreed at the last AGM. If they do, there must be serious question marks about the whereabouts of the Gordon transfer funds.

I would think we could operate for another season within the ?40M cap with the income from Gordon, so a raise shouldn't be needed with the development of the stand not taking place within the next financial year.

I'm watching closely.

What are the resolutions to be voted on at the AGM?

Re-election of auditors, and share issue (max 5%) as per usual etc, no mention of raising borrowing limits.

Reverse the scenario and think of the number of Scots resident in England (and others, like me, in further-flung places). Presumably "we" wouldn't be offered Scottish nationality in the event of an independent Scotland? Therefore every Scot resident in, say, England would become a 'Scottish born Englishman' (or Englishwoman). That'll go down well.

I would have thought you would also qualify for citizenship by birth but you'd presumably be better off asking one of our resident SNP supporters what their exact plans are but as we're getting progressively off topic that might be one for the shed.

It will be interesting if they attempt to raise the level of borrowing to above ?40M which was agreed at the last AGM. If they do, there must be serious question marks about the whereabouts of the Gordon transfer funds.

I would think we could operate for another season within the ?40M cap with the income from Gordon, so a raise shouldn't be needed with the development of the stand not taking place within the next financial year.

I'm watching closely.

Who's to say they won't bump it up to ?100m to incorporate the new stand?

Whether Romanov is on the board, or a shareholder, or whatever, he should attend the AGM. He's the one who makes all the decisions and he's the one who's caused this mess.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Apparently SNP policy is to offer Scottish Citizenship to everybody who is resident on independence day meaning that my wife would become an English-Born Scot like JK Rowling only without the money.

Great idea, why not make Scotland even more of a target for the fence jumpers.

I have read all your posts and something is not quite right.

:105years::106Final::107years:

Not one thing positive about the Hearts.:mad:

What positives did you have in mind . Not getting relegated ' Having Frail as our manager ; Watching people running around tynecastle pretending to be footballers.

So i must be a hobo eh!!!! :evilno:

Corazones FC

http://edinburghderby.proboards84.com/v45index.cgi

I wouldn't worry about it mate. I get that all the time. If you ask awkward questions or point out inconsistencies you're labelled a Hobo. In fact, I might change my avatar to the Hibs crest :107years:

;):107years:

I must be a hobo. :)

_41405347_hearts43416.jpg

untitled-7.jpg

He said it on the radio and I thought the same.

So haha rudi or whoever it was.:P

Okay cokey,so what is he then Russian or Lithuanian?

They keep moaning on about how the creme de la creme and the great thinkers of our nation are forced to leave in order to do the jobs they're intended for....so I thought they would do something about attracting serious business here, get funding for big research programmes...things like that. But no, instead they threaten you with loss of Scotsmanship (if that's a word). It might work well for those insular, passport-free rednecks across the pond but I don't know how well it would go down here. We could adopt Vlad perhaps then he'd be a Russian born Lithuanian Scotsman...

Anyway, back to the OP's point...AGM and Vlad. How many AGMs have we now had since he appeared on the scene and how many has he attended? Not that it really matters too much in terms of this one, I'm just interested. Given the strength and depth of feeling amongst the support and other stakeholders (whether financial or not) it would be a little inappropriate for Vlad to hide at this time. Going to the every home game until the end of the season is a great gesture and one which would certainly cheer the fans up a bit, but they'd much rather hear answers than anything else. Unless the board can answer every single question that the fans have, and with absolute certainty, then he needs to be there.

portobellojambo1
If you swore the requisite oath and took an Italian passport then yes you would indeed be a Scottish born Italian as opposed to an ex-pat. In the same way that Arnold Schwarzenegger is an Austrian born American.

I suspect that the 300 leaders who have taken over from Alex Salmond prior to this unfortunate day arriving will have changed policy by then, so the terms and conditions may have changed.

I suspect that the 300 leaders who have taken over from Alex Salmond prior to this unfortunate day arriving will have changed policy by then, so the terms and conditions may have changed.

Calm down. I wasn't predicting it would happen merely using it to illustrate the point.

I'm an independance agnostic for what it's worth

Who's to say they won't bump it up to ?100m to incorporate the new stand?

A resolution needs to be passed at the AGM to extend the borrowings of the company.

There is no such resolution proposed, so there will be no vote on it, so it will not happen. This time.

A resolution needs to be passed at the AGM to extend the borrowings of the company.

There is no such resolution proposed, so there will be no vote on it, so it will not happen. This time.

No EGM called either?

If she accepted the offer.

John Gentleman

As another poster pointed out, this aspect of the thread probably belongs to the Shed.

But I'll make one (mebbes) final remark. I was at school with Alex Salmond - Linlithgow Academy - though he was a year younger than me. He was, and apparently still is, totally obsessed with Scottish independence. To the point where he would benefit from some psychological counselling, methinks.

Funny old lot the SNP, are they not? They come and go, come and go, wax and wane, wax and wane.

Aye, and I'm auld enough to remember Winnie Ewing tae.

If she accepted the offer.

It was just an illustration.

The point is that Vlad (along with many others) was in a not entirely dissimilar situation and he did accept.

Not that I'm aware of.

Cheers.

So the club will have the facility to lose perhaps ?10m in the coming year before getting to the borrowing limit.

Look forward to some big name signings ...;)

Geoff Kilpatrick
Cheers.

So the club will have the facility to lose perhaps ?10m in the coming year before getting to the borrowing limit.

Look forward to some big name signings ...;)

Made by the "big name manager", no doubt! :rolleyes:

Archived