Time For PS To Go

Johnny D

Most likely not to be here next season so why not get a new manager in now, we do it with players so what's the difference with doing it with managers?

As much as I am not happy with the way things are going in terms of Paulo's team slections, formation and playing style. I think we owe it to any manager we take on the opportunity of a season in charge to try and prove what they can do. So personally I would keep him to the end of the season and make a decision then.

A fair number of players will be going in the summer as well. No point bringing in a manager to get to know a group of players who are leaving any way. Might be good to wait to the summer when some of the dead wood has been cleaned out and then allow a new manager in. A complete clean slate to move on from.

It's like he sets up just the team just about ever game to get a 0-0 draw. Sole destroyingly boring to watch.

Alba gu Brath

With Vlad in charge disappointment will be the order of the day whatever manager is in charge. Pity we don't have an alternative.

Best manager since Alec MacDonald according to some on here....

hasn't exacty been any REAL quality since then to compare

You can only piss with the ****** you have got, he hasnt even been able to sign a player of his own since taking the job - players signed before he arrived are clearly garbage.

You can only piss with the ****** you have got, he hasnt even been able to sign a player of his own since taking the job - players signed before he arrived are clearly garbage.

Players he signed were by another manager. Romanov sacked the manager and brought in a guy with no experience of British football. Lovely.

FFS.

We're not playing well, but a couple of seasons ago Hearts fans were complaining about how many managers we were going through.

Now we've got a manager trying to change a teams style of play, having to work with another managers squad, not been allowed to bring in any of his own players, has lost a few 1st team players and has had to manage a squad through several months of not being paid on time/at all.

And we're demanding he's sacked after 6 months.

Kickback never changes.

Creepy Lurker

Being away from home has given me a bit of perspective on just how ******* bipolar Hearts fans are.

Don't actually have any opinion as I haven't seen the team play, but what worries me is that if I was there I'd probably be just as bad. mellow.gif

hasn't exacty been any REAL quality since then to compare

Burley. JJ 1st time piss all over Sergio.

Today were were beaten off a team with a game plan who were hungry. We were opposite

Nucky Thompson

With Vlad in charge disappointment will be the order of the day whatever manager is in charge. Pity we don't have an alternative.

Someone like Craig Whyte

He's got virtually the same squad that managed 3rd last season. We'll be lucky to finish top 6.

Broxburn_Jambo

However his constant refusal to put on a second striker even when we are getting beat is nonsensical.

Mate start of the season people on here were tipping us to walk 3rd place, with this group of players. Now apparently because Sergio can't get anything out of them they must be bad players. How can they be a 2nd/3rd place quality team under JJ but a 5th/6th place quality team under Sergio. They are the same players.

Today were were beaten off a team with a game plan who were hungry. We were opposite

Burley had 12 games or so, who's to say if he stayed the team would keep up that form?

I would add Levein to that list.

Burley had 12 games or so, who's to say if he stayed the team would keep up that form?

I find your username quite ironic, given it's Jefferies squad Sergio is working with.

Remind me of our form with that same squad before Jefferies was removed as manager?

FFS.

We're not playing well, but a couple of seasons ago Hearts fans were complaining about how many managers we were going through.

Now we've got a manager trying to change a teams style of play, having to work with another managers squad, not been allowed to bring in any of his own players, has lost a few 1st team players and has had to manage a squad through several months of not being paid on time/at all.

And we're demanding he's sacked after 6 months.

Kickback never changes.

Is there any signs, that this new style of play can/will work for us in this league under this manager?

I do. We finished second and won the cup. Are you saying it would have been worse than that?

Dode came second and lost the final.

I find your username quite ironic, given it's Jefferies squad Sergio is working with.

Remind me of our form with that same squad before Jefferies was removed as manager?

At the end of the day JJ got us 3rd in the league. And kept us in the title race until the end of January/beginning of February.

Harsh, as he hasn't brought in any players that he wants so far, and lost a couple of players and his first choice keeper.

Is there any signs, that this new style of play can/will work for us in this league under this manager?

Not with the current squad of players.

But as I've said, how many games did Jefferies win in the last 3rd of last season and the start of this season with the same players?

I still think he's the man for the job and hopefully when Beattie is fit we go 2 up top.

He isn't even being allowed to pick his number 1 keeper ffs!!

Let's see how he gets on with his own players that he brings in if allowed.

I would add Levein to that list.

I find your username quite ironic, given it's Jefferies squad Sergio is working with.Remind me of our form with that same squad before Jefferies was removed as manager?

I'm not saying we haven't had good managers since MacDonald, but some people on here need to be more realistic, what exactly did they win?

Burley = NOTHING

Levein = NOTHING

Jeffries = cup

even Ivanauskas won the cup is he to be mentioned in the same breath as though three? somehow I doubt many on here would.

Harsh, as he hasn't brought in any players that he wants so far, and lost a couple of players and his first choice keeper.

All down to Romanov. Every last bit.

Mate start of the season people on here were tipping us to walk 3rd place, with this group of players. Now apparently because Sergio can't get anything out of them they must be bad players. How can they be a 2nd/3rd place quality team under JJ but a 5th/6th place quality team under Sergio. They are the same players.

I know what you mean and i agree with others who are questioning only playing 1 up top the whole game, however, we have been garbage since January 2011 and JJ's signings in the summer have been rank rotten imo. While questions have to be asked I dont think we would have won today even if we played 442 or 443 today because our players are not good enough and the manager has never been given the opportunity to bring in his own to change this.

Who would do a better job working for Vlad and having this group of players?

Jefferies' record (second spell; league only)

P 56 W 24 D 12 L 20 F 69 A 69 Pts 84 Pts/game 1.50

Sergio's record (league only)

P 26 W 10 D 5 L 11 F 30 A 26 Pts 35 Pts/game 1.35

NB. I've only counted league games because it's the only way in which managerial records can be compared. If you include Cup competitions as well, one manager might effectively be statistically punished for qualifying for Europe and drawing tough opponents; another might benefit from a series of home ties with lower division opponents, etc etc.

Jefferies' overall record was identical to what he did here in his first spell, and was never sacking material to begin with. Sergio?s is getting awfully close to being so.

Today was something of a crossroads game. Win, and Hearts could've gone on to cement a position in the top 4, and had a good end to the season. But because we lost - badly, by all accounts - we?re now looking over our shoulders, and set for a depressing conclusion to the campaign.

Of course, the whole situation is daft, really. I'm sceptical that Sergio really wants to be here; if so, that's bound to transmit itself to the players; and cost-cutting Hearts should really be managed by a cheap, Scottish coach accomplished at bringing through young players. But in any context, failure to finish in the top six is a sacking offence for any Hearts manager - and this season is no exception.

Setting his team as one not to get beaten rather than trying to win each and every game is farcical.

Best for Sergio to go now, it's not enjoyable anymore. I don't mind getting beaten when the team have put in a shift, the continual capitulation is unforgivable.

rudi must stay

Most likely not to be here next season so why not get a new manager in now, we do it with players so what's the difference with doing it with managers?

He says he wants to stay if we put a plan in place, we should put that plan in place and if that isn't working then we should sack him. He deserves that for sticking by us

I'm not saying we haven't had good managers since MacDonald, but some people on here need to be more realistic, what exactly did they win?

Burley = NOTHING

Levein = NOTHING

Jeffries = cup

even Ivanauskas won the cup is he to be mentioned in the same breath as though three? somehow I doubt many on

here would.

Aye that Burley was a complete failure because he was sacked for no reason and his side went up to win the cup. You do spout shite mate.

I still think he's the man for the job and hopefully when Beattie is fit we go 2 up top.

He isn't even being allowed to pick his number 1 keeper ffs!!

Let's see how he gets on with his own players that he brings in if allowed.

so you want to get beat week in week out because thats what is going to happen whilst sergio is in charge

jack D and coke

I'll bet you he wouldve done better than Graham Rix and that other puppet Valdas. If that pair of clowns are claiming they led us to 2nd and a cup win and actually believe it i'll eat my c*ck. Elvis i believe and to a lesser extent Hartley took over the reins as man managers and got us over the line. Who knows where GB wouldve taken us but 2nd would've been a given imo.

As for Paulo i'm very unsure as the results seem to be getting much worse recently and his refusal to even attempt to go with two forwards pretty much at anytime whatsoever is doing my brains in. I F***** HATE 4-5-1 with a vengeance.... :verymad: :verymad:

Don't want rid of Paulo. Too early.

But when the day comes that Locke is made manager. We will have a team fired up for every single game.

Serious lack of passion and fight.

Aye that Burley was a complete failure because he was sacked for no reason and his side went up to win the cup. You do spout shite mate.

Burley was here for 12/13 games, get a grip he's done bugger all since then, hearts form would have slipped the same as it did when Rix took over

Not with the current squad of players.

But as I've said, how many games did Jefferies win in the last 3rd of last season and the start of this season with the same players?

Realistically how many players would he have to bring in though, to play his style effectively? I seriously doubt he is going to be allowed to bring in 5 or 6 of his players in the summer. Maybe 2 will be allowed. If thats the case do we just sit through another season of this? And moan he hasen't been allowed a complete overhaul of the playing staff?

so you want to get beat week in week out because thats what is going to happen whilst sergio is in charge

I'm sure we've won a game under Sergio. Maybe I'm mistaken.

If we've lost week in week out then I agree, defo sack him laak.

He complains that his squad are tired and are struggling, then why not give the youngsters like Holt or Pyrychenko a chance and fresh it up a bit?

Black went off injured and he brings McGowan on, why not put a bit of faith in either of the above to play in their natural position rather than a defender in midfield? Why put them on the bench of you are not going to utilise them?

Also, what does he see in Jamie Hammil? For weeks he's been getting into that team and what does he offer? McGowan must be sitting on that bench, not very happy, especailly when you consider he well he filled the left back position without Grainger.

Rapidly losing patience with Sergio, if we go out the cup it's time for him to go and get someone in that has a bit of bottle and won't be afraid to drop these players who consistently put in below average performances and continue to be selected.

rudi must stay

Look at the guff he is working with. Vastly Over paid run of the mill pish that struggle with the basics of football.

It's up to him to motivate the players, so that they play above themselves, so far you couldn't really say that of any of the players. Maybe he's spending too much time thinking about tactics at the moment

And you know this for a fact yes??????

I had a feeling there would be a thread on this after coming home from watching the game today.

He is trying to do the best with what he has, but I think he's on a "shoogly peg"

Vlad won't stand for much more I fear.

We'll prob beat the huns next week and then he'll get sacked on the morning of the st mirren game

:(

I had a feeling there would be a thread on this after coming home from watching the game today.

He is trying to do the best with what he has, but I think he's on a "shoogly peg"

Vlad won't stand for much more I fear.

We'll prob beat the huns next week and then he'll get sacked on the morning of the st mirren game

:(

He is clearly not doing the best he can with what we have though.

He has persisted with this one up front nonsense for far far too long. The amount of games we have not scored in proves this!

Alwaysinourshadows

I am still puzzled as to why he put mcgowan on for black, 5 defenders on the pitch at home to dundee united is just sheer negativity. He is a shite manager with shite tactics, boring to watch.

He is clearly not doing the best he can with what we have though.

He has persisted with this one up front nonsense for far far too long. The amount of games we have not scored in proves this!

We will see if this changes now we've Got Beattie.

1 up top is not the way fwd for me. Unless you have an attacking 3 midfield.

We don't have that, but also don't have a 2nd striker that he feels is worth playing as a 2. Not seen enough of smith to make. A judgement but he does every day. And glen isn't good enough. Rudi as a supporting forward is a 50/50 gamble just now. He's either superb or terrible.

Today he was the latter.

The guy needs time. Players and backing of the chairman.

Unfortunately I don't think he will get any of that.

Archived