4-5-1: The system that took the entertainment out of football ?

vegas-voss

Okay i know it works and is very effective if you have the right players but personally as a spectacle it is murder especially when both teams line up 4-5-1.

I wish Greece never won the Euro's because since then it has become the chosen formation for nearly every team in europe successful or not.It's like a fear formation aswell because the other team are scared you will use 4-5-1 and crowd out there midfield they use it to counter act to that.

The thing is right now with the players we have i think it is the only system we can use and if we don't have alot of money to spend it's the best sytem for next year aswell because i think we would only need about 2 players to make it better.I still fecking hate it though.

Thing is that Greece actually played quite good football in the Euros that they won!

You think

We_are_the_Hearts

Liverpool V Arsenal wasn't bad the other night?

It's not about formations, it's about players. We don't have the players to play it..............other teams have.

Barcelona, Man United and Arsenal play it. They're pretty good for entertainment.

Look at them though it's not really one man up front on his own.Man Utd don't even play with a striker.You could say they play 4-4-3-0

Liverpool V Arsenal wasn't bad the other night?

It's not about formations, it's about players. We don't have the players to play it..............other teams have.

This is it most teams in europe don't but they still play it.

Look at them though it's not really one man up front on his own.Man Utd don't even play with a striker.You could say they play 4-4-3-0

its some formation

thats how they always win then

Man U a few weeks ago were playing 424 Giggs and Ronaldo on wings Rooney and Tevez in the middle. They won. As far as 4 5 1 it will get football stopped. Levein played it a few times when he was manager let'e hope he doesn't come back. 4 4 2 split into diamond 4 1 2 1 2 with full backs pushing forward into midfield with Scottish or English players in the team will be beat boring 4 5 1 anytime.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

With Tynecstle being a narrow pitch the midfield becomes more tighter

leaving less room to play than normal , teams canceling each other out

another reason for our poor home record

4-4-2

The thing that makes a formation exciting is the players in playing in it and the variety of positions they take up.

Man Utd - They don't have a specific striker. If you watch a game, for instance yesterday, Rooney, Ronaldo and Park were always swapping.

Roma - Totti as the front man. But he drops off a lot of the time allowing room for the likes of Perrota, Giuly, Taddei and/or Mancini to get forward.

4-5-1 is a great formation. But you need to have the right players to play it. We don't. Although the players we have will look pish in the majority of formations.

The thing that makes a formation exciting is the players in playing in it and the variety of positions they take up.

Man Utd - They don't have a specific striker. If you watch a game, for instance yesterday, Rooney, Ronaldo and Park were always swapping.

Roma - Totti as the front man. But he drops off a lot of the time allowing room for the likes of Perrota, Giuly, Taddei and/or Mancini to get forward.

4-5-1 is a great formation. But you need to have the right players to play it. We don't. Although the players we have will look pish in the majority of formations.

WE've played 4-4-2 quite a few times since Frail took over. Football doesn't look any better, still crap.

Man utd basically play 4-3-3 as the wide players get that far forward in attack but they switch back to a 4-5-1 when they don't have the ball. Not many teams play it that way though and I agree that it can often ruin the entertainment factor of a game.

Man utd basically play 4-3-3 as the wide players get that far forward in attack but they switch back to a 4-5-1 when they don't have the ball. Not many teams play it that way though and I agree that it can often ruin the entertainment factor of a game.

With the players Man Utd have though they could make any formation look brilliant.Imagine if they win the EPL and the Champions League without a striker because Rooney,Ronaldo,Tevez,Giggs none of them are strikers.

WE've played 4-4-2 quite a few times since Frail took over. Football doesn't look any better, still crap.

Yeah I know. Read the last line. I should have made it cleaer. ie It doesn't matter what formation we play with Frail in charge and the players he plays. We still look utter bollocks!

rudi must stay
Thing is that Greece actually played quite good football in the Euros that they won!

not really. They had a superb team spirit, no question, but they won it because they had a great defence. Charisteas had a good tournament though, which is lucky for them cos they wouldn't have scored any goals at all

not really. They had a superb team spirit, no question, but they won it because they had a great defence. Charisteas had a good tournament though, which is lucky for them cos they wouldn't have scored any goals at all

He is another one I find strange. Scored a fair few for Greece but can't do it consistently at club level. Like Healy and Baros.

He probably scored more goals in that tournament than he has done in the inter-twinning 4 years.

What position is Rooney if not a striker?

He plays all over the middle half of the park.He is not a striker in the traditional sense.If anything on Sunday he was playing left wing it was Park who was the middle of the furthest forward 3.

Charlie-Brown

Unless you decide to be ultra negative and dispense with wingers and play less attack minded midfielders in the wide positions then 4-5-1 is in reality 4-3-3 when in possession and 4-5-1 when defending - with the wingers & attacking midfielder supporting the striker it actually become a 4-2-4 ...... unless you play it Walter Smith's way which although very effective can be very stifling.

Unless you decide to be ultra negative and dispense with wingers and play less attack minded midfielders in the wide positions then 4-5-1 is in reality 4-3-3 when in possession and 4-5-1 when defending - with the wingers & attacking midfielder supporting the striker it actually become a 4-2-4 ...... unless you play it Walter Smith's way which although very effective can be very stifling.

What way do we play it:eek:

Charlie-Brown
What way do we play it:eek:

It depends......

Jonsson Palazeulos

Miko Audrey Driver

Striker (Nade, Clum, Velicka)

or

Stewart Jonsson Palazeulos

Miko Driver

Striker (Nade, Clum, Velicka)

The first way is 4-2-3-1 which in attack is 4-2-4

Second way is 4-3-2-1 which in attack is 4-3-3

It really depends on how well the wingers and attacking midfielder get forward to link with & support the main striker.

Rangers play more of a 4-5-1 with a bank of 5 out and out midfield players ie Davies Thomson Ferguson McCulloch Adam behind Darcheville or Cousin as lone striker - but Ferguson & McCulloch do try to get in the box.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I absolutely hate 4-5-1.

Unless you have a certain type of player it just destroys the game.

Total mince and it's sad that Frail hasn't got the testicles to try anything else.

There are differemt ways of playing 4-5-1, very much dependant on what the "5" looks like. In attack the likes of Man U change it to be almost a 4-3-3, sometimes even a 3-4-3. Unfortunately the way we play it is a stiff "5". Against Kilmarnock there was a few minutes where some players forgot and moved to an almost 4-3-3, it was our best spell of the game.

JamboRossi79
I absolutely hate 4-5-1.

Unless you have a certain type of player it just destroys the game.

Total mince and it's sad that Frail hasn't got the testicles to try anything else.

First off didn't we score 4 goals in four consectutive homes games earlier this season playing 4-5-1 (or 4-4-1-1 if you are being totally correct)

As for your Frail comment, utter pish since he has predominantly played 2 strikers when available since he took over.

First off didn't we score 4 goals in four consectutive homes games earlier this season playing 4-5-1 (or 4-4-1-1 if you are being totally correct)

As for your Frail comment, utter pish since he has predominantly played 2 strikers when available since he took over.

That's all right then, let's ignore the rest of the season. :eek:

WE DON'T NEED A MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BELIEVE

JamboRossi79
That's all right then, let's ignore the rest of the season. :eek:

WE DON'T NEED A MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BELIEVE

I'm sorry that you can't handle facts. Folk always resort to that when they know they are in the wrong. Ah well i'm right again.

I'm sorry that you can't handle facts. Folk always resort to that when they know they are in the wrong. Ah well i'm right again.

Right again?

That would imply you've been right in the past!

:rofl:

JamboRossi79
Right again?

That would imply you've been right in the past!

:rofl:

I'm sure I have been right in the past (surely once at least in the last x years) :laugh:

jack D and coke

Now i know why Romanov thinks he can pick a team and tactics when i read some of the posts on here.

Personally i believe if you can motivate your players and they respect you then tactics come second. This is the thing Romanov obviously has yet to grasp.

john brownlee

same argument when killie intruduced 442 to scotland

the only difference they won the league that year.

as with greece it was surprize more than anything and like greece they have won nothing since

systems only last until some thing new arrives on the seen

If you play football manager and if you play a ten man back line you will win, maybe thats the next big thing, try it it works.

If we are dealing in facts. What about the other countless games where we have played it and been utter pish.

And about Frail. He has always had two strikers available but at times only played one.

Frail is a liability.

And the team playing 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 is a liability.

Was dissapointed to see the U19's play a 4-5-1, its a good formation if its one that is moving from 4-5-1 to a 4-3-3 but when you play the ball back to front so quickly the chance of moving to 4-3-3 becomes near impossible unless you have some one exceptional at holding the ball up.

Not fan.....

If we are dealing in facts. What about the other countless games where we have played it and been utter pish.

And about Frail. He has always had two strikers available but at times only played one.

Frail is a liability.

And the team playing 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 is a liability.

There is no point trying to debate anything with him, the term 'Vlad Sheep' was created for JR79 sadly.

Ask him if he thinks we need a manager yet as he seemed to ignore me the last time I asked him ...

JamboRossi79
There is no point trying to debate anything with him, the term 'Vlad Sheep' was created for JR79 sadly.

Ask him if he thinks we need a manager yet as he seemed to ignore me the last time I asked him ...

and the prize for the most ironic post in a while goes to Alan Partridge.

Put me on ignore if I annoy you that much, I really really don't care and you won't hurt my feelings honest.

Now go and troll some other person if that is how you get your kicks.

and the prize for the most ironic post in a while goes to Alan Partridge.

Put me on ignore if I annoy you that much, I really really don't care and you won't hurt my feelings honest.

Now go and troll some other person if that is how you get your kicks weirdo.

Personal abuse.:sad:

Since it's not the first time I've decided to report your post.

Hopefully the mods take the appropriate action here.

P.S Still not answered the question.

Archived