Car Insurance

Bert Le Clos

Car insurance for me and the bursd is up for renewal on 3rd March, we've got a multicar policy with Admiral as they offered us a good deal compared to other companies last year.

Out of interest I did a price comparison on one of these websites, Admiral came out cheapest. When I checked Admiral's own website as a new customer to double check, they bettered the quote (?572 for both of us for the year).

Automatic renewal quote from Admiral came through the post today, telling me I could renew for ?881 for the both of us for the year! Phoned up today to query why the same quote for me as a new customer would be over ?300 less than for a current customer renewing. Got some bullshit excuse about them sometimes applying discounts over the internet as they don't need to pay someone to process the quote over the phone.

It's a fecking disgrace what these companies try to get away with. There's a difference between trying to make a profit for your company and actively trying to go out your way to screw over people, especially those who have been with you for a year and not claimed.

I told her to hold off renewing until I've checked out all the possibilities. I'm inclined to go with another company even if they are slightly more expensive.

Car insurance for me and the bursd is up for renewal on 3rd March, we've got a multicar policy with Admiral as they offered us a good deal compared to other companies last year.

Out of interest I did a price comparison on one of these websites, Admiral came out cheapest. When I checked Admiral's own website as a new customer to double check, they bettered the quote (?572 for both of us for the year).

Automatic renewal quote from Admiral came through the post today, telling me I could renew for ?881 for the both of us for the year! Phoned up today to query why the same quote for me as a new customer would be over ?300 less than for a current customer renewing. Got some bullshit excuse about them sometimes applying discounts over the internet as they don't need to pay someone to process the quote over the phone.

It's a fecking disgrace what these companies try to get away with. There's a difference between trying to make a profit for your company and actively trying to go out your way to screw over people, especially those who have been with you for a year and not claimed.

I told her to hold off renewing until I've checked out all the possibilities. I'm inclined to go with another company even if they are slightly more expensive.

that happens all the time as you get nothing back for being loyal and sticking with the same company.

my car insurance runs out tonight and over the weekend i just put my details into moneysupermarket and the best quote it gave me was from privilege so i went onto their site and it took me 5 mins to give them my details and take out their deal

next year will be the same as it will go up in price so i just change it again

Archived